watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thats How You Play A Game

Started by M i c K Y x FFC, April 29, 2013, 09:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M i c K Y x FFC

Fulham, look at Villa. Playing out of their skins, they are only 3 points below us. You are poor at the moment, and big change in attitude has to be done. If the board had backed Jol, we might of got Benteke. Get on Jols side, give him the money he needs, and change this quite frankly poor and ageing team. If Jol doesn't get the backing, I would understand if he wanted to leave.

HatterDon

The thing is that Villa attack more in one half than we do in one month -- not just today, but pretty much since January. That's the mindset of their gaffer. The mindset of our gaffer, on the other hand, is for us to play passive and sideways.

The way we're playing under Jol has nothing to do with the quality of the players he has to work with.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jambo

Quote from: M i c K Y x FFC on April 29, 2013, 09:34:00 PM
Fulham, look at Villa. Playing out of their skins, they are only 3 points below us. You are
at the moment, and big change in attitude has to be done. If the board had backed Jol, we might of got Benteke. Get on Jols side, give him the money he needs, and change this quite frankly poor and ageing team. If Jol doesn't get the backing, I would understand if he wanted to leave.

Villa just beat Sunderland at home having desperately needing the points, fighting for their lives.  We have 40 points and have just lost to Chelsea, Arsenal (unluckily and down to 10 men) and Everton away.  I think we need to calm down a little.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Basil

Quote from: Jambo on April 29, 2013, 10:04:20 PM
Fulham, look at Villa. Playing out of their skins, they are only 3 points below us. You are  at the moment, and big change in attitude has to be done. If the board had backed Jol, we might of got Benteke. Get on Jols side, give him the money he needs, and change this quite frankly poor and ageing team. If Jol doesn't get the backing, I would understand if he wanted to leave.

Villa just beat Sunderland at home having desperately needing the points, fighting for their lives.  We have 40 points and have just lost to Chelsea, Arsenal (unluckily and down to 10 men) and Everton away.  I think we need to calm down a little.

Totally right.

Peabody

What is the point of all this negativity? It's not as if we have any influence over who runs the club, or who manages it or indeed which players play for us.

In fact there are two opposites on here and neither is going to change the others point of view.

Jambo

Quote from: Peabody on April 29, 2013, 10:13:00 PM
What is the point of all this negativity? It's not as if we have any influence over who runs the club, or who manages it or indeed which players play for us.

In fact there are two opposites on here and neither is going to change the others point of view.

Correct.  Quite often though the negativity outweighs the positive, I'm not to sure what people expected from the last 3 games, especially with having 40 points and all.

@jambohunt

Lighthouse

Quote from: Jambo on April 29, 2013, 10:16:43 PM

Correct.  Quite often though the negativity outweighs the positive, I'm not to sure what people expected from the last 3 games, especially with having 40 points and all.

Quite right so I suggest we close down FOF and all the other MBs. What is the point of making any comment other than positive ones as we have no influence? Let's be happy with one shot per game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

kevin

i think you will find its     might have    not might of     speak the Queens English old chap

Jambo

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 29, 2013, 11:49:04 PM

Quite right so I suggest we close down FOF and all the other MBs. What is the point of making any comment other than positive ones as we have no influence? Let's be happy with one shot per game.

There you go again getting all dramatic.  No one said not to post negativity but if it makes your reply work then read it how you like.  Negative posts are the norm on here but from my point of view (and I'm not trying to speak for Peabody) the reaction and some posts on here over the last few days have all been a little OTT (just my opinion of course!). Sack Jol, Is his time up, Sell Berba/Ruiz/Petric (insert name here), we are going down next year, etc, etc.  All valid points in there I'm sure but I think some on here need to take a few deep breathes and calm down a little, that's all.  Now, if you please..... moan away!!

@jambohunt

Lighthouse

Quote from: Jambo on April 30, 2013, 12:05:56 AM

There you go again getting all dramatic.  No one said not to post negativity but if it makes your reply work then read it how you like.  Negative posts are the norm on here but from my point of view (and I'm not trying to speak for Peabody) the reaction and some posts on here over the last few days have all been a little OTT (just my opinion of course!). Sack Jol, Is his time up, Sell Berba/Ruiz/Petric (insert name here), we are going down next year, etc, etc.  All valid points in there I'm sure but I think some on here need to take a few deep breathes and calm down a little, that's all.  Now, if you please..... moan away!!

Sorry I didn't notice Peabody was part the post and I apologise to him. As for the rest of the reply. Could it be anymore condescending? Still swooning at being all dramatic.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jambo

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 30, 2013, 12:21:43 AM
Quote from: Jambo on April 30, 2013, 12:05:56 AM

Sorry I didn't notice Peabody was part the post and I apologise to him. As for the rest of the reply. Could it be anymore condescending? Still swooning at being all dramatic.

Without wanting to bring Peabody into this but why apologise to Peabody when it was his original point you disagreed with?

Anyhow, I wasn't being condescending, if people want to post negative stuff then so be it I'm certainly not asking for it to stop, which was my point.  My reply to the negativity was that it seems a little OTT.  I can't see what is condescending about that.

@jambohunt

St Eve

Villa played well but they have played plenty of crappy games which is why they are below us and didn't beat us in either game.

Count Berbatov

How did they fare against Chelsea, Arsenal and Everton?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

HatterDon

Quote from: Count Berbatov on April 30, 2013, 03:39:43 AM

For those who continually and purposefully miss the point, we're talking about how the game is played, not results. If results are all that matter, then Stoke City sounds perfect for you. Some of us, however, prefer our team to play football that's attractive and attacking and has an actual purpose.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RaySmith

I don't think you can divorce style of play and results - they are linked.

If Villa were to go down , and it doesn't seem  they will now, no-one would think their style of play was succesful in any way - certainly not their fans, who have been very critical of their reliance on youngsters and lack of defensive quality fater earlier  crushing defeats.

Stoke have been very successful because they have become a mid table Prem club with very limited resources. Those Stoke fans who criticise  Pulis and call for his sacking - would they prefer it if Stoke played a  different , more attractive style under a different manager and were then relegated? No, they wouldn't. Even Arsenal fans moaned about Wenger's style of play when results weren't going well - the same fans who has bee boasting about Arsenal's exquisite  passing game.

Like Charlton fans criticising Curbishley for boring mid table mundanity, and look what happened to Charlton when he was sacked. I wonder what those fans who criticised Curbs think now.

Re Jol, and Fulham - well, we do play attractive football - we have one of the most skilled players in the league - and even against Everton there were some great passing moves, even after Berba went off. We also showed battling qualities against Arsenal, and were unlucky against them and Chelsea, and  at Newcastle away -and have had some good wins this season, despite our problems with scoring goals.

I'm not denying we have had some awful peformances too, and have lacked a cutting edge often. But we have again been hit by injuries, just when Jol seemed to have a settled team , who we thought could push for a top ten finish.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Jambo on April 29, 2013, 10:04:20 PM
Fulham, look at Villa. Playing out of their skins, they are only 3 points below us. You are
at the moment, and big change in attitude has to be done. If the board had backed Jol, we might of got Benteke. Get on Jols side, give him the money he needs, and change this quite frankly poor and ageing team. If Jol doesn't get the backing, I would understand if he wanted to leave.

No kidding and all without our first choice CM, Sidwell

Peabody

Quote from: HatterDon on April 30, 2013, 04:37:36 AM
Quote from: Count Berbatov on April 30, 2013, 03:39:43 AM

For those who continually and purposefully miss the point, we're talking about how the game is played, not results. If results are all that matter, then Stoke City sounds perfect for you. Some of us, however, prefer our team to play football that's attractive and attacking and has an actual purpose.

Sorry HD but I have disagree with your comments about not wanting Football that is attractive etc. I certainly do, the only difference is that I know we can play attractive etc and am prepared to be a bit more patient in waiting for it and also, I recognise that form cannot be switched on and of , like a light.

Harold Shand

'Stoke have been very successful because they have become a mid table Prem club with very limited resources. Those Stoke fans who criticise  Pulis and call for his sacking - would they prefer it if Stoke played a  different , more attractive style under a different manager and were then relegated? No, they wouldn't. Even Arsenal fans moaned about Wenger's style of play when results weren't going well - the same fans who has bee boasting about Arsenal's exquisite  passing game.

Stoke are bankrolled by bet365 & are one of the biggest spenders in the Prem over the last 5 years.

epsomraver

Quote from: RaySmith on April 30, 2013, 05:57:55 AM
I don't think you can divorce style of play and results - they are linked.

If Villa were to go down , and it doesn't seem  they will now, no-one would think their style of play was succesful in any way - certainly not their fans, who have been very critical of their reliance on youngsters and lack of defensive quality fater earlier  crushing defeats.

Stoke have been very successful because they have become a mid table Prem club with very limited resources. Those Stoke fans who criticise  Pulis and call for his sacking - would they prefer it if Stoke played a  different , more attractive style under a different manager and were then relegated? No, they wouldn't. Even Arsenal fans moaned about Wenger's style of play when results weren't going well - the same fans who has bee boasting about Arsenal's exquisite  passing game.

Like Charlton fans criticising Curbishley for boring mid table mundanity, and look what happened to Charlton when he was sacked. I wonder what those fans who criticised Curbs think now.

Re Jol, and Fulham - well, we do play attractive football - we have one of the most skilled players in the league - and even against Everton there were some great passing moves, even after Berba went off. We also showed battling qualities against Arsenal, and were unlucky against them and Chelsea, and  at Newcastle away -and have had some good wins this season, despite our problems with scoring goals.

I'm not denying we have had some awful peformances too, and have lacked a cutting edge often. But we have again been hit by injuries, just when Jol seemed to have a settled team , who we thought could push for a top ten finish.

Re Jol, and Fulham - well, we do play attractive football -  When!!!!! I must have blinked and missed it, we play the same each game no matter what opposition, round and round, we get near to their goal, stop, pass around, stop, then back and back to Schawz who then in haste lumps it to the opposition, we have 10 back at all times so any clearance comes straight back, attacking sexy football, don't make me laugh!

Burt

Quote from: Harold Shand on April 30, 2013, 08:46:41 AM
As regards to Hatter don - He's obviously a clown, you can't win an argument with drunk men or idiots.

He's best ignored.

Lets ditch the personal comments please.

Everyone is entitled to their views, disagreeing is fine, but calling people clowns, drunks and idiots is not the way to go on here.

Cheers

Burt