watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Statement by Uli Hoeness (Bayern Munich President) RE: Season Tickets

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, May 01, 2013, 07:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income,but what's £2m to us?

In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and $300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody. That's the difference between us and England.

Now I've been told that German football is so cheap because of the bumper TV deal that happens over there. Yet with the bumper TV deal that the Premier League is getting next year, why have FFC brought the price of my season ticket up? (I've still renewed, but the point stands) 
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

fulhamben

more like if they dont practically give them away they wont sell out
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bulgariawhite

I understand the point of your statement, but would we increase our fan base? We are in a competitive area maybe Bayern don't have may clubs within a 5 mile radius to compete against. Their stadium is finaced by Allianz Bank. We would not survive on 104 pound season tickets/ For example could Brentford
I doubt it

westcliff white

the TV deal in germany is similar (not identical) to that in spain where teas negotiate for their own games, altho in germany some of that revenue s pooled, i think they keep 80% or something. its a weird deal. i also believe they have a strange rule in germany which rules no football club can make a loss. Bayern is also owned partly ny the fas which is also another reason for the low season ticket costs. i believe the waiting list for season tickets is quite long too. very stange set up but they are certainly coining it in.
Every day is a Fulham day

God The Mechanic

Quote from: fulhamben on May 01, 2013, 07:35:12 PM

Quote from: bulgariawhite on May 01, 2013, 07:44:28 PM
I understand the point of your statement, but would we increase our fan base? We are in a competitive area maybe Bayern don't have may clubs within a 5 mile radius to compete against. Their stadium is finaced by Allianz Bank. We would not survive on 104 pound season tickets/ For example could Brentford
I doubt it

This is Bayern Munich we're talking about!  They ain't some scrub team from down the road, they're one of the biggest football clubs on the face of the planet.  Yes they would sell out if the tickets weren't given away and as for local competition, they're like Man United - globally gigantic!

LBNo11

...players greed and football agents are the reason why over 70% of most premiership teams income is  paid out to the players, and their leeches...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

bill taylors apprentice

The days of selling your product for an honest profit are gone, now its sell it for as much as the market can stand, and that also goes for the PL.

Scrumpy

It does sadden me, because I have seen good working class fans fall by the wayside over the last decade or so, due to the price of tickets.

I do vaguely remember Mo, back in the early 21st century, saying that he would always keep a 'cheap' section for fans, so that football at The Cottage would remain affordable for all.

Our prices still compare very well with other Clubs in London, but wouldn't it be great if Fulham took a stand and kept Season Ticket prices to an absolute minimum? Maybe with the new Riverside Stand it will happen. The Cottage, full to the rafters with passionate fans, is what we want.

The Bayern President is right - gate recceipts amount to about 5% or 10% of total income so it would not be difficult for The Club to keep the prices low. I haven't done the sums but I reckon 3 or 4 places higher in the Premier League would probably cover the cost difference in ticket prices.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Adam87

No way is the german tv deal near the one that the premier league has just negotiated.......

cebu

I understand the point of your statement, but would we increase our fan base? We are in a competitive area maybe Bayern don't have may clubs within a 5 mile radius to compete against. Their stadium is finaced by Allianz Bank.

Actually the total cost of building the stadium was substantially subsidised by the local tax payers. Originally the stadium was shared between Bayern Munich and 1860 Munich, but Bayern Munich got rid of their one time rivals after a couple of seasons. The only other rival in Bavaria is Nürnberg, which is a 100 miles away, so these days it's a captive audience in Munich. I don't think you can really count Unterhaching or Augsburg as being rivals, though they're not far away.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: cebu on May 02, 2013, 01:49:35 AM
I understand the point of your statement, but would we increase our fan base? We are in a competitive area maybe Bayern don't have may clubs within a 5 mile radius to compete against. Their stadium is finaced by Allianz Bank.

Actually the total cost of building the stadium was substantially subsidised by the local tax payers. Originally the stadium was shared between Bayern Munich and 1860 Munich, but Bayern Munich got rid of their one time rivals after a couple of seasons. The only other rival in Bavaria is Nürnberg, which is a 100 miles away, so these days it's a captive audience in Munich. I don't think you can really count Unterhaching or Augsburg as being rivals, though they're not far away.

TSV 1860 have moved out of the Allianz ? I'll have to check out their website to see where they're playing now. Many moons ago I worked in Munich and had to work alternate Saturdays, so on my free Saturday I used to watch TSV at the old Olympic Stadium they shared with Bayern (I'd usually be working the weekend Bayern were at home). And no - TSV weren't very good even then !!

Actually - the Bayern/TSV rivallry is very similar to Manchester. Bayern (play in red), TSV (play in sky blue), most Munich inhabitants are TSV fans whilst Bayern supporters live in Hamburg, Duesseldorf, Cologne, anywhere other than Munich basically !!

cebu

Quote from: Vinnieffc on May 02, 2013, 01:36:10 PM
Quote from: cebu on May 02, 2013, 01:49:35 AM

TSV 1860 have moved out of the Allianz ? I'll have to check out their website to see where they're playing now. Many moons ago I worked in Munich and had to work alternate Saturdays, so on my free Saturday I used to watch TSV at the old Olympic Stadium they shared with Bayern (I'd usually be working the weekend Bayern were at home). And no - TSV weren't very good even then !!

Actually - the Bayern/TSV rivallry is very similar to Manchester. Bayern (play in red), TSV (play in sky blue), most Munich inhabitants are TSV fans whilst Bayern supporters live in Hamburg, Duesseldorf, Cologne, anywhere other than Munich basically !!

Ouch, I misunderstood the situation. Bayern did acquire complete ownership of the stadium, but 1860 are still allowed to play there - sorry, my bad!

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on May 01, 2013, 07:35:12 PM

What you think Fulham do? they give away hundreds of tickets each game to fill the place.

Jack Fulham

Premier League ticket prices won't go down. Most grounds sell out every week or come very close. The demand is there, the prices will stay the same or go up.

Alternative

The point about German  prices is well made.

It helps that German fans own their clubs.

However, as long as English fans put up with it the clubs will rip them off.