watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our recent form

Started by The Swan, May 01, 2013, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

We are in a slump at the moment. Our form is shocking. One point from five games is relegation form. I know that we won't go down and we have played Chelsea, Arsenal and Everton in our last three games. They are always difficult games.The other two in that bad run were Newcastle and Villa away. Both teams trying to beat the drop and these are teams we should have beaten.
Earlier in the season Fulham played some good football and won some important games. Now every game is about will we score as in our last five games we have only scored one goal and conceded eight. In our next three games we must go all out and win all three to give us supporters something to cheer about.
Our home form has been poor this season with only seven wins (so far) we must get back to winning ways especially with two home games coming up.I wpold love to see us turn it on and win our three remaining matches.
The Swan

Burt

I wouldn't have expected any points from our last 3... To be expected, in my opinion.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Burt on May 01, 2013, 10:00:16 PM
I wouldn't have expected any points from our last 3... To be expected, in my opinion.

Yeah, you have to tailor your expectations depending on who you play.  There's no point getting overly flustered over 3 losses against teams like that, in the same way that it's fruitless getting over excited when you play teams right at the bottom consecutively and win comfortably.

HatterDon

Quote from: Burt on May 01, 2013, 10:00:16 PM

Well, that's as may be, but of the five matches mentioned, we only showed up for one of them -- Arsenal. Our performance at Newcastle was abysmal.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fulham76

No consistency from us at all this season, (apart from our poor away form!!). Didn't expect much of a return from the last 3 games to be honest but think we need a win against Reading, just to be on the safe side.

Admin

Out of the last remaining 5 games, I predicted 3-4 points. Possibly a win against Reading and a point at home to Liverpool.

Even before these 5 games started, I knew that we wouldn't turn up or the performances would be dire.

Just a sad end to our poor season I'm afraid.

jarv

I would like to see some honesty from Jol about the last 5 games, not excuses, honesty. Newcastle? Why did Fulham not go for the throat? Just 1 win in those 5 would have made it a bit more acceptable. HD was right, the Arsenal game was the only one they got off the bus (the 2nd half).

Optimistic though, 5 more points in the bag. I think this week will be an excellent performance. :54:

Lighthouse

We played as if the team didn't expect any results from these last games. Yet against Arsenal we proved they had the skill and form to worry a top side. Other than that Fulham would have done better to just not turn up. Too often we turn in a 'Sunday Night' performance as Jol pointed out against Everton. I just wonder why Jol can see these things but cannot change them.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 02, 2013, 12:16:18 AM
We played as if the team didn't expect any results from these last games. Yet against Arsenal we proved they had the skill and form to worry a top side. Other than that Fulham would have done better to just not turn up. Too often we turn in a 'Sunday Night' performance as Jol pointed out against Everton. I just wonder why Jol can see these things but cannot change them.
I could be cynical and say that players like Ruiz and Emanulson can raise their games against Arsenal in the hope they get noticed. :028: