watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can't keep this bloke off our screens?

Started by Fernhurst, May 02, 2013, 08:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Former Premier League footballer Jimmy Bullard shot a 79 in his first tournament round as a professional golfer. The 34-year-old steadied after starting with four bogeys and a double over the first five holes. He birdied 12 but bogeys at 15 and 16 took him to six over.

The Motocaddy Masters is a 54-hole strokeplay event. The second round will be played on Wednesday, May 1 after which a cut will be made with the leading 50 players plus ties playing a final 18 holes on Thursday, May 2.

Spectator entry is free of charge throughout the event. Sky Sports will be at the course on both Wednesday and Thursday filming for a highlights package to be screened on Wednesday, May 15.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

MJG

I know he's a twit but good luck to him. Its good to see sportsmen try other sports.

JBH

I shot a 73 yesterday at East Sussex National of a handicap of 6 so not impressed by Bullards efforts at all all they are doing is using his name to publise the event even though its unlikely he will make the cut.

Northern Cottager

Wasn't this done a few weeks back? Soccer AM followed him around a course to see if he made the cut to become a Pro.

Fulham76

Jimpav

Quote from: JBH on May 02, 2013, 09:15:41 AM
I shot a 73 yesterday at East Sussex National of a handicap of 6 so not impressed by Bullards efforts at all all they are doing is using his name to publise the event even though its unlikely he will make the cut.

That is more impressive than Bullards score card.

Fair play to Bullard though. Shame football didn't work out for him as he was undeniably talented.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Fulham76 on May 02, 2013, 09:23:36 PM
Heard he's a top angler as well.

He should be, when he got that injury whilst with us in 2006. Apparently he spent 4 days a week at Gold Valley Lakes in Aldershot, near where I live. Never managed to spot him though (probably because I was in school)
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

fulhamben

thats an impressive handicap mate. how many times a week you playing to keep it that low? also not to negate from your score to jimmys, but wont they push the tees back and make pin placements harder for the pros?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

epsomraver

Quote from: MJG on May 02, 2013, 09:00:16 AM
I know he's a twit but good luck to him. Its good to see sportsmen try other sports.

Come on! that twit put the ball on Smurfs head at pompey for us to stay up!

fulhaman

I still have some man love for this guy. I really did rate him for half a season.What could of been.

Whitby Fulham

:plus one:
79 by Bullard I would shoot myself if I don't break 70.

Fulham76

Quote from: fulhaman on May 03, 2013, 10:14:19 AM
I still have some man love for this guy. I really did rate him for half a season.What could of been.

He is a bit of a looker...!  :005: