https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who remembers

Started by Peabody, May 02, 2013, 02:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Where they were 38 years ago tomorrow?

LBNo11

...walking up the Wembley way with a Fulham silk scarf round one wrist and another in my belt tags, flared blue jeans and tassle shoes and a long round collared shirt and heading towards the twin towers  to watch the Whites play in the FA Cup final...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

jarv

Wembley. Didn't have the Fulham gear to be honest but what a day. Was on my own because I could only get one ticket, using the vouchers in the programmes.

Question...would going to Wembley today be as exciting.? I think, for us, it would be,

Burt

Rhys Lightning 63

Still in my dad's gentleman vegetables
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

The Equalizer

Leading the charge of my millions of fellow swimmers towards the egg that would become me almost exactly 9 months later.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Peabody

I got mine by selling the Fulham "Eustace Useless" tickets and I got two and took my mate with me. If only we could do it again before I

Vinnieffc

I was aged 11 watching it on the TV with my Fulham supporting cousins (I had not yet converted as I had just arrived in London and supported Arsenal - now much to my embarrassment!!)..

domprague

At home aged 6 spending all day watching the build up and then experiencing true crushing disbelieving disappointment for the first but not last time in my life.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Airfix

Quote from: Peabody on May 02, 2013, 03:51:07 PM
I got mine by selling the Fulham "Eustace Useless" tickets and I got two and took my mate with me. If only we could do it again before I

Peabody? PEABODY??  PEABODYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????????

9739.gif

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Airfix on May 02, 2013, 03:58:51 PM
Quote from: Peabody on May 02, 2013, 03:51:07 PM

Peabody? PEABODY??  PEABODYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????????

9739.gif

Don't worry Airfix - I can still detect a pulse  :005:

E.I.Adio

I remember standing on the terrace at wembley and an old fella seeing how upset i was told me not to worry they'll get there again in your lifetime. I was 13 then and i'm now telling my grandson the same thing.

NorfolkJim

I would be watching it on TV as no parent would take me even if we could of got tickets, which we couldnt. I decorated the whole living room in black & white bunting and all around the TV screen in Black, red & White. As an 11yo and just starting to watch football, the enormity of it all was somewhat lost on me but by then I was already well and truely hooked

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Best man @ my best mate's wedding - planned long before we were ever in danger of reaching the final & impossible to get out of
Dashing outside @ regular intervals between the speeches,meal,toasts,dancing etc to get updates from the car radio
Giving a sad toast to the lads when the final whistle went
He is now divorced & has remarried
Had I been there it would of course have been a different result
My fault entirely & I accept full blame

Peabody

Actually, I should mention that my son Robert, was born the day before and it was touch and go as to whether I could go but fortunately, I was (and still is) avery understanding wife. Incidentally, David Beckham was born on the same day

FFCAli

There with my parents and brothers.  Crushing disappointment at the way we played as well as the result (familiar?).  At least in our next proper final we were right in there 'til the final minutes.  I just hope we don't have as long a wait for the next one or I won't see it! 078.gif

VB

How can I forget....It was my birthday , all I really remember of that day was the pre match show on the BBC and of course the goal that went through
Peter's legs., still it was my 1st real season of supporting Fulham and knowing what football was 092.gif
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I still have the ticket somewhere safe. I think it cost me £1.50 to get in...

dgnffc

There with my Dad, brother and school-mate - and sweltering as I was wearing my 'lucky' winter coat and roll-neck sweater that I'd worn in all the previous rounds. I still blame myself for losing for taking the coat off inside the ground as it was just too hot!

Holders

Behind the "Busby bursts bubbles" banner!

Still got my £1.50 ticket and programme. Went there expecting us to win as we'd beaten West Ham in the League Cup earlier in the season. We really missed Les Strong that day and I think we were overwhelmed by the occasion and didn't really get going. Have never been able to watch a recording of the match to this day but will never forget it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria