watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Reading match thread

Started by The King, May 04, 2013, 02:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Personally I think Wigan will go down. They are good going forward but woeful defensively. I like them so it's a shame.

jarv

oh dear oh dear. I am so glad I didn't watch a stream (based on comments here). Norwich v Villa was on tv here. If we had to play Villa, they would have scored 6 against Fulham today. pace, pace and more pace. I guessed it might be a better option.

The discussions about Jol will start tonight. I doubted him in the beginning, warmed to him a bit but really doubting due to tactics of last 2 months.

Lighthouse

We must play Rodders up front alongside Berbatov as I have wanted for some time. He missed a few was unlucky for a few. But we created more chances with a more attacking formation. Playing that starting line up against Reading is disgraceful. Jol tried to change it but our awful defending let us all down. But PLEASE JOL PLAY TO WIN AND AN ATTACKING FORMATION.

YOU ARE KILLING US.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alexbishop

Quote from: The Moose on May 04, 2013, 05:00:02 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on May 04, 2013, 04:49:20 PM
This day couldn't be going worse. except when Newcastle get a late winner.

I really hoped I could come and say "I told you so" for defending Jol, but this is bad.

One game doesn't make Jol a bad manager. All in all he's done more good than bad.

One game? How about the last 4?

We are heading for our worst league finish since the great escape...how is that doing more good than bad?!
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Enter the Frei

Quote from: The Moose on May 04, 2013, 05:02:35 PM
Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on May 04, 2013, 04:59:37 PM
just saw the penalty.  That was NOT a PK.  The refs again.

It was I think but Kelly fouled Berba as well. We deserved a point on chances alone.

going forward I'd say we deserved something but when you defend like we did I struggle to justify complaining about decisions or bad luck.

Neil D

One point from 18.  If that isn't relegation form, what is?

Logicalman

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 04, 2013, 05:06:51 PM
We must play Rodders up front alongside Berbatov as I have wanted for some time. He missed a few was unlucky for a few. But we created more chances with a more attacking formation. Playing that starting line up against Reading is disgraceful. Jol tried to change it but our awful defending let us all down. But PLEASE JOL PLAY TO WIN AND AN ATTACKING FORMATION.

YOU ARE KILLING US.

:plus one:

Logicalman

Quote from: Neil D on May 04, 2013, 05:09:50 PM
One point from 18.  If that isn't relegation form, what is?

25 from 105, perhaps

beijing ben

Quote from: Rambler on May 04, 2013, 05:05:07 PM
Quote from: beijing ben on May 04, 2013, 05:01:22 PM
Quote from: Aaron on May 04, 2013, 04:52:41 PM
Quote from: Rambler on May 04, 2013, 04:49:58 PM
We are very much still in a relegation fight, i don't understand why people think we're safe

I *think* with the fixture list we can't go down as teams below us are playing each other etc.

I think you are wrong mate. We could go into the last match of the season in 18th place i believe

Shows how important this game was, this was our best opportunity to get some points and quash the relegation fears. Now we have some hard work ahead

It would be fulhamish of us to be in 18th for the last game and beating Swansea to stay up...

Ordar

I honestly think, looking at the other teams fixtures, that if we dont get another point, we could be in serious trouble.

All the teams below us have enough winnable points in their remaining games to overtake us

Neil D

Before this match, you couldn't get serious odds on Fulham being relegated.  Now you can.  33-1 with W Hill, if you're interested...

bill taylors apprentice

The first rule of the PL is make yourself hard to beat by defending collectively as a team...... and as a rule we do not.

Fulham1959

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Neil D on May 04, 2013, 05:14:43 PM
Before this match, you couldn't get serious odds on Fulham being relegated.  Now you can.  33-1 with W Hill, if you're interested...

I am, will soften the blow

Baider

We are in AWFUL form as well, 4 losses on the bounce, 3 of them at home. The teams below are all now starting to pick points up. Im seriously concerned...

ron

Just got in to read the result. Why am I surprised at the score? This is always on the cards with the teams we should make mincemeat of.

Dreadful, just dreadful.

grandad

I fancy Norwich to go down on 39 points with us in 16th on 40 points with Villa in 17th on goal dif. One point more would put us in 13th.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham1959

According to the Fulham FC website, today's was an official charity match.

Did we have to take it so literally ?

Danitar

I would live to hear what jol has to say after this awful game

alexbishop

Quote from: Danitar on May 04, 2013, 05:49:20 PM
I would live to hear what jol has to say after this awful game

"we were unlucky...we tried to play our football..."
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop