more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol: merged

Started by sunburywhite, May 04, 2013, 05:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWFL

Quote from: nose on May 04, 2013, 09:46:28 PM
Jol is a very poor excuse for a manager, he has underachieved everywhere he has been .

I stopped reading after the first line. Just look at his record at Spurs, then reconsider. And I mean actually look, don't just try and remember what you can off the top of your head.

Berbasilk_111

Do u ever do anything apart from slate players?

Danitar

Quote from: TWFL on May 04, 2013, 09:50:45 PM
Jol is a very poor excuse for a manager, he has underachieved everywhere he has been .

I stopped reading after the first line. Just look at his record at Spurs, then reconsider. And I mean actually look, don't just try and remember what you can off the top of your head.

+1, people really need to shut up and back the manager and the team till the end of the season and then you can have you whinge about jol, about berbatov or about Ruiz. People really need to get behind the team because it make the difference with staying up or going down.

grandad

This must be the most insane comment I have ever read. Got to a bit of a wind up.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ron

......the mess being the one we appear to be in now with a squad that seems to lack discipline and direction.

If Jol is to pay the price for what is beginning to appear like an established downward trend,

...... then the name  is Martin O'Neill.

and if Jol is to carry the can for this season, then it needs to be done quickly, because it appears that Leicester City is in for him.

Discuss, and pull to pieces if you will, but if this season and next is to be the golden sunset on FFC in the Prem with MJ, then we could do far worse.

nose

Yes, with the resource at his disposal and the players he had he underachieved at spurs massively, check the team and check whether they made the champions league, he failed from a wonderful position, if you recall. And you don't have to read what i write, just loook at the league table and the performances this season, that is all you need to know about him.

Northern Cottager

I think it's a wind up and you all bit.

Danitar

Quote from: nose on May 04, 2013, 10:03:51 PM

Yes, with the resource at his disposal and the players he had he underachieved at spurs massively, check the team and check whether they made the champions league, he failed from a wonderful position, if you recall. And you don't have to read what i write, just loook at the league table and the performances this season, that is all you need to know about him.

One word for you= lasagne

nose

Quote from: Berbasilk_111 on May 04, 2013, 09:52:47 PM
Do u ever do anything apart from slate players?
Yes I slate the manager first for destroying a very squad that was disciplined, effective and committed with a great spirit. He destroyed that. And by the way i pick the players i slate it is not all the players, and by the way everything in the garden is not rosy what shopuld I say, we are unlucky, that MAF should give the manager wads of moneywhen we can all see how he has wasted what he has been given.

Fulham76

Ruiz is average at best. He doesn't score enough, (7 in 55 before today), & certainly doesn't create enough. He doesn't have the ability to take players on & his final ball is generally crap. On top of this, he's unbelievably light weight & would be bullied off the ball by Julian Clary. Not sure what his role in the team is, or why he's still in the team? A terrible bit of business if he really did cost £10m

grandad

The fault today was entirely our defence. We had 18 shots of which 13 were on target. We hit the woodwork twice & had 2 good penalty appeals turned down.  If our back 4 had not been so sloppy we would have got something from the game. 
Where there's a will there's a wife

nose

Quote from: Danitar on May 04, 2013, 10:06:12 PM
Quote from: nose on May 04, 2013, 10:03:51 PM

One word for you= lasagne

actually i would normally agree with you totally but on this occasoin I think they should all know that what they are doing is totally unacceptable. If we say nothing now he and they will sleepwalk us into the championship. I have kept my council for ages but today was just to awful.

Lasagne is right!

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham76 on May 04, 2013, 10:06:57 PM
Ruiz is average at best. He doesn't score enough, (7 in 55 before today), & certainly doesn't create enough. He doesn't have the ability to take players on & his final ball is generally crap. On top of this, he's unbelievably light weight & would be bullied off the ball by Julian Clary. Not sure what his role in the team is, or why he's still in the team? A terrible bit of business if he really did cost £10m

Separated at birth - Fabrice Fernandes and Bryan Ruiz???

Jimpav

Quote from: KCat on May 04, 2013, 09:13:11 PM
Quote from: Jimpav on May 04, 2013, 09:00:44 PM
Yes. There are no more excuses.

However old or weak the side is a good manager will make the bet from his lot and get results.

We have failed to show up at too many games this season and have now been well and truly found out.

I for one feel like a fool for sticking up for Jol up until now but today was the straw that broke the camels back.

It's not just because it was Reading but the fact that we have lost 4 games in a row, we have only score in 3 of them and the utterly pathetic manner in which we have lost.

There are no more excuses!
I am sorry for you and I mean that in a good way, I have never like Jol so it is no real surprise that we will probably be biting our nails at Swansea.  There are two reasons,
One he smells of Spurts,  two seasons in and he still bangs on about them, drives me crazy.  
But more importantly,  I have always believed he thinks he is toooooooooooo good for us.
The truth is he is not good enough for us    

That's the sad truth K Cat. He's not not good enough for us or more aptly not suited to the Fulham way. Also think you are right about the "Spurts", wouldn't be surprised if he went back to them if they gave him the chance.

Fulham FC Fan

Around football circles, Jol's lacks to adjust his plan during the coarse of the game. Against Arsenal (with 10 men from the 12th minute) he made he first change in the 85th minute (Arsenal had already made 2). Today, there was no reason to substitute Karagounis so early. Why panic when we were playing well, as Reading goal was a questionable penalty).
Two great chances had come from Karagounis passes.   In the post game Jol states "we played well in the second half"??? Who cares if Ruiz scores and Rodellega had chances. Umm, Reading scored three on a suspect deference and our midfield was lost. The team will not move forward if taking off either Berbabov and Ruiz is never an option under any circumstances.     

GodfatherJol

Quote from: MJG on May 04, 2013, 09:07:35 PM
Actual buys....so do free transfers not count as a signing. Ray Houghton was free and he was one of the best 'Buys' we ever made.
Schwarzer was free as well does he not count.
Petric & Dave were free as was Senderos.
But free as I said elsewhere does not mean sign here and we pay normal wages. Its means big signing on fee, ok not as much as a txf fee but enough.

That team today is his team. he has given players extensions, hes the one who's said I know these players bring them in.
He's quick enoughto dump say Baird and bring in others so its HIS TEAM & TACTICS.

Its also his major major mistake not to bring in a CM to replace Murphy when he left.
he was banking on a sick note (Diarra), A case Head (sidwell) and a player with 6 months experience in the position(Dembele) to cover the 2 CM roles at the start of the season.

Frees by all means count as signings, my point was that what little money Jol has had this season for fees has been well spent. Obviously frees aren't completely free, but they're always going to be less than a transfer, and given that Jol had to replenish the entire strike force on an evidently tiny budget, he's done a pretty good job.

Yes, our team is largely comprised of Jol's signings, but it's important to look at the difference between the players he WANTED to sign, and the players he essentially HAD to sign. Had Jol been backed as he and others previously have, our transfer activity would have been wildly different. We certainly wouldn't have needed to sign Kara (he's been a real warrior, but let's be honest, we need better), and we wouldn't have had to have gone loan crazy in the January window. We'd been linked with Rod for a while, so he was still likely to come, but we may have opted to buy someone instead of signing Petric (I'm not stating this as fact, merely suggesting it). So whilst Jol has indeed signed these players, it's often been a result of factors out of his control, and when you look at the calibre of loanees and frees, we'd struggle to find another manager who could attract such quality.

BarryP

Quote from: grandad on May 04, 2013, 10:10:13 PM
The fault today was entirely our defence. We had 18 shots of which 13 were on target. We hit the woodwork twice & had 2 good penalty appeals turned down.  If our back 4 had not been so sloppy we would have got something from the game.  

:plus one: on the defense.

For the record I applaud Jol for removing Karagounis but he should have not been in the starting eleven to begin with.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."