watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol: merged

Started by sunburywhite, May 04, 2013, 05:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Whilst I may watch most of the games on the internet, I can honestly say I have lost interest in the team with the Prince of Orange is at the helm

Sure I followed the score but could not summon one ounce of interest to search for a link

I have not felt that way about the team since the darkest days of Sanchez

JOL HAS TO GO AND GO NOW
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MJG

The game today was the worst performance since Sanchez.
Devoid of any game plan and his lovin with some players has caused this.
I could not give a fig if he left tonight.

Danitar

I wouldn't say jol is as bad Sanchez that's a bit unfair. Sanchez spent £15-20 million in one summer I bet if jol was given that kind of money you wouldn't see even half the players that jol bought in this summer (such as enoh, karagounis, emmanuelson and probably manolev as well). What I don't understand is if jol is the man for the job why they haven't extended the contract longer and give jol the money to strengthen.

ffc73

Lets hope so for a little while anyway. Sanchez was managing when we beat Liverpool to secure our survival. Right now I'd take that & worry about all the other issues over the summer

jarv

Is this the official JOL OUT thread after today?

I did not watch, couldn't be bothered to find a stream when I saw the score 0-1. My thoughts based on comments here...

Players motivation? If zero, isn't that Jol's fault.

Arguably a better squad of players than Hughes or Hodgson had but the worst football and worst league position since Sanchez. Isn't that Jol's fault? (OK, give him credit for a few decent signings).

This summer now looks a bit depressing. Sacking Jol now would just be another black eye, trying to find a half decent manager at short notice. After Hodgson and Hughes departure, surely not another.

MJG

Berbatov/Ruiz/kasami equals almost 20m

premFlem

There'll be no cup runs,Europe or risking younger players with Jol in charge, just enough to stay up season after season I guess we might have had our purple patch and now its back to normal.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

ffc73

The disappointment for me was the starting of Riise, the Greek and Duff.

At the time of their careers they should not be starting.  All looked leggy and out on their feet after 5 minutes. All were substituted.

I hope we survive but I also hope Villa do. They have had a 'terrible' season in bringing through youngsters. It's cost them but they look better equipped than we do for next season. They are also now on the same points as us.

Aaron

Quote from: premFlem on May 04, 2013, 06:09:39 PM
There'll be no cup runs,Europe or risking younger players with Jol in charge, just enough to stay up season after season I guess we might have had our purple patch and now its back to normal.

He hasn't delivered on just enough to keep us up this season yet..

I think you're right though.. a purple patch is all it was.  We don't have the £'s or popularity to actually be anything resembling "competitive" and never will.  We should probably just count our blessings and accept that mid-to-lower-mid-table obscurity is the absolute best we can hope for... Maybe a cup final every 25 years or so...

We are never going to be powerful enough to field a team that isn't weak in at least a couple of places and the big boys will exploit that.  Even if we did manage to find ourselves with a starting 11 capable of striking fear into the hearts of a United or City lineup they'd just buy the heart and soul of the team from us in the next transfer window.

Burt

Quote from: MJG on May 04, 2013, 05:54:00 PM
The game today was the worst performance since Sanchez.
Devoid of any game plan and his lovin with some players has caused this.
I could not give a fig if he left tonight.

Blimey...

Whilst I agree it was a bit of a shambles, I have to disagree with you Mr MJG sir, our "performance" at Loftus Road was 10 times worse.

bill taylors apprentice

I am in 2 minds about Jol, He has not had an easy time trying to create a team since arriving with all the issues we know about.
Having said that he has turned us from a team that was hard to beat and had a strong team ethic into a team of individuals that sometimes show some fancy footwork with no real bite.
It may be the players on the pitch who are ultimately responsible, but why is the manager paid mega bucks if it is not to lead the team.  
Has he been as clever as he can with the cards he has been dealt by the board and players leaving? Only the coming pre season and the ins & outs will show us the clubs true intentions and if Mr Jol is going to be good for us.    

JackyFulham90

Jol is not the problem, the board are, we spent no money in the summer or January & until we do teams will keep going past us in the table

Burt

"Out with the old and in with the young", was what Burt Jr said on the way out.

Whilst an over-simplification, the basis of what he said holds true...

I think it is also no coincidence that our recent poor form has been at the same time Dejagah has been out. He's about the only one in our team prepared to run at defenses.

Jack Fulham

Nope. We haven't been a disaster all season like we were under Sanchez. Jol has been okay but the board being tight is finally catching up with us. Having said that, our squad today was more than capable of beating Reading. Jol just made the wrong selections.

Aaron

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on May 04, 2013, 06:43:31 PM
Jol is not the problem, the board are, we spent no money in the summer or January & until we do teams will keep going past us in the table

I don't think I accept that.

You need results on the pitch (scorelines) and off it (financial sustainability) to consistently exist in the Premiership.

Teams which have done it correctly:

1) Everton
2) Fulham (Hodgson era)
3) Stoke
4) Arsenal (sort of a different league I guess.. but the point is they don't get carried away).

Teams who have done it badly:

1) Portsmouth
2) Leeds United
3) Charlton
4) QPR

If we want to continue with Jol and have "luxury" or marquee players like Berbatov and Ruiz in the squad then to get the results we're going to need to splash the cash..  If we do this, we'll cripple ourselves completely if the wheels start to come off.

The alternative is we find someone who can let us go back to 0-0 week in week out and operate on a shoestring like we had under Hodgson and Hughes (while working with the team Hodgson left him with).

Moritz Voltz and Diomansy Kamara.. not Dimitar Berbatov and Urby Emmanuelson..  This is the reality for us I think..  I also prefer the first two to the latter to be honest :)

alfie

Quote from: Jack Fulham on May 04, 2013, 06:47:38 PM
Nope. We haven't been a disaster all season like we were under Sanchez. Jol has been okay but the board being tight is finally catching up with us. Having said that, our squad today was more than capable of beating Reading. Jol just made the wrong selections.

you can't have it both ways, if the squad today was more than capable of beating Reading, how has he made the wrong selections?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jack Fulham

Quote from: alfie on May 04, 2013, 06:57:00 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on May 04, 2013, 06:47:38 PM

you can't have it both ways, if the squad today was more than capable of beating Reading, how has he made the wrong selections?

Sorry, I will reword, I think out of the 18 players he had in his squad today, he didn't choose the right starting 11 and that showed pretty quickly.

BillNRoc

Losing at home to a team in even worse form -- totally unacceptable. The current string of dreadful performances, coupled with the November-December poor run, suggests that the manager and many players should not continue with the club.

Fulham's level of play today wouldn't cut it in the Championship, and survival is far from assured. You have to wonder if Jol aspires to make Fulham the Sunderland of the BPL, the team that sinks rapidly in the final six weeks and finds itself looking up at Wigan after the last matches conclude on the 19th.

sunburywhite

We miss a leader like Murphy who was capable of lifting the players from the players point of view, not digging out Hangerland but saying we miss DM leadership

There also seems to be little interaction between Jol and the players, in other words they don't seem to want to lay their bodies on the line for him
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

EJL

- Duff's days as an effective attacking player are over. He's slow, predictable and his final ball is on the wane.
- Karagounis was putting other players in awkward situations with his poor passing, and his attempted quick free kick to Riise was woeful.
- Riise is the same as Duff. Richardson wasn't much better when he came on though.