more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol and Berbatov Out

Started by M i c K Y x FFC, May 04, 2013, 06:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M i c K Y x FFC

Quote from: Forever Fulham on May 04, 2013, 08:42:12 PM
You guys have flipped like a switch.  Two weeks ago you were singing a different song.  About Jol.  About Karagounis, Schwartzer...

A few weeks ago, we all said give him the rest of the season. Look what's happened.

epsomraver

Quote from: jms on May 04, 2013, 07:53:00 PM
I will not be spending any more money on tickets this season or next, while jol,and berb are still at the club. I'm completely disillusioned by both of them and feel that the combination of their egos and strange 'lethargy' are to blame for the way we play. No passion; massive complacency; and the rest of the team seem like 'sheep'
Could hardly raise a cheer when we scored, as we had let them take control of the first half and the start of the second.
I think Berb will be off this summer as he doesn't appear to give a s*** about this club. Good riddance....
And before you regulars start telling me I'll feel differently tomorrow, trust me, I won't.
[/quote

Agree 100% I have been stupid enough to buy a 60 quid ticket for next Sunday as well fp.gif

epsomraver

You guys have flipped like a switch.  Two weeks ago you were singing a different song.  About Jol.  About Karagounis, Schwartzer...

Not me mate I have always said the same even though I get off my arse and go to the matches Jol is rubbish.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Berbatov can stay .........

Peabody

Quote from: epsomraver on May 04, 2013, 08:57:23 PM

Not me mate I have always said the same even though I get off my arse and go to the matches Jol is rubbish.

As it stands at the moment, the people who actually do have the power do not agree with any of your sentiments about Martin Jol.

What I cannot and never will understand, is the animosity generated to certain People. There is almost a hatred which I think is very unhealthy.

somerset cockernee

i think some of you have gone a little bit over the top about our present predicament....i can only assume the bulk of the whingeing comes from the younger ones among us.....us older ones have seen MUCH worse than this , just chill out and remember we all support fulham ,this is what it's like...just hang on and enjoy the ride.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: somerset cockernee on May 04, 2013, 09:33:58 PM
i think some of you have gone a little bit over the top about our present predicament....i can only assume the bulk of the whingeing comes from the younger ones among us.....us older ones have seen MUCH worse than this , just chill out and remember we all support fulham ,this is what it's like...just hang on and enjoy the ride.

Er noooooooooo !!!!!!! ...................I am as old as the hills

somerset cockernee

Peabody

Berserker

I'm over the hill and far away, well wish I was today!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

M i c K Y x FFC

My point entirely about Jol. Post match interview, doesn't even mention the shocking performance, or the fact that things need to be changed to get more points, he just says, get points from next games. We will not get another point, guaranteed, and if we don't change the line up to this: Schwarzer; Riether; Hughes; Hangeland; Richardson; Emanuelson; Enoh; Ruiz; Kacaniklic; Rodallega; Berbatov (as he won't be dropped), we might not have a chance at all.

Jambo

Quote from: Peabody on May 04, 2013, 07:18:46 PM
Perhaps if you toned down your attitude a bit Micky, then maybe more people would listen to you. Just saying.

This  :54:
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Jambo

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on May 05, 2013, 12:18:55 AM
Quote from: M i c K Y x FFC on May 04, 2013, 06:34:45 PM
Jol has pushed it too far. His tactics are abysmal, he has absolutely no motivation, hands always in his pockets. He fails to realise anything, and his interviews are pointless. Obsession with older players, Duff for one is crap. Riise another. Berbatov is a waste of space. Absolutely useless. No help to any players, all he does is moan. Rodallega had more attempts on goal in 1 hour than Berbatov in 6 games. They are not what we need, and don't even mention the fact that we lost our best players. We all knew it was going to happen, but Jol didn't, and in January he could of brought in some players, no a bunch of loanees. Berbatov may of scored 13 goals, he has been overall poor. Lazy, miserable and constantly complaining. Get rid of both of them, bring in a manager with a bit of passion for the game, and actually realises that things have to change, and players under the age of 30 are avaliable. Berbatov, go to Russia or anywhere, just not a Fulham.

Quite refreshing to know I wasn't the only one thinking exactly the same.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Forever Fulham

You want it easy and encouraging?  Then cheer for another team.  It's never going to be predictable with this club.  A musical chairs of managers.  A pension fund for greybeard players.  Pinching funds with short term loaners.  A fabulist for an owner.  OK, that last bit may be a bit harsh.  God knows what he's done for the club.  We take our lumps and move on.  I thought we'd be safe at only 37.  I was wrong.  Reading has character.  They didn't get to this league on a whim.  It's damn hard to climb out of the Championship.  The schedule.  The number of games.  The less than ideal facilities.  Players who can see the light at the end of the tunnel--EPL--and will work their behinds off to get there.  Arsenal looked like a horrible team until not too long ago, remember?  Conversely, Reading, knowing it is going down, has managed to show character and resolve and fight--and some skill--here near the end.  Give them some credit.  The change in quality shell shocked them from the beginning of the season.    But they never gave up, even when they knew they were going down.  I had a bad feeling before the game started.  Did we take them seriously when the game started?  When did the light bulb go on that we were in a real game? 

Count Berbatov

This was an enjoyable game to watch and Fulham had their chances. Could have gone either way. And a draw was what the fair result would have been.
Jol reacted quick and switched tactics. Berba played well and it's kind of funny how people say he doesn't give a poo, but when he shows frustration and emotions, (towards some, not all) he's suddenly moaning for no reason.

Anyway, Bryan, in spite the two goals had too many unforced mistakes and misplaced passes. Karagounis got subbed and rightfully so. Duff some bad decisions, Berba dropped behind Hugo and it worked. Never really had a chance on goal, Hugo was closer to goal than him

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

RaySmith

Count Berbatov - good, non hysterical post. I agree , except for it being an enjoyable game to watch - well, i'm sure it was for a neutral.

We deserved something from the game, and did fight back hard, but we kept shooting ourselves in the foot.

It's hard to believe this is the team who ran Chelsea close before they scored, and gave Arsenal such a tough game. The team seemed edgy and bereft of confidence  yesterday, and  our luck  appears to be out, and we defintely missed Sidwell. 
Has our season been defined by two red cards?

I knew this would be a potential bananna skin - playing a team already relegated, who could play with a freedom and confidence that Fulham, in their edgy nervousness, simply couldn't match.

Reading's display after being relegated - so much better than their previous recent displays - shows  how important  the  psychological aspect of the game is - while we were abject defensively and handed the match to them.

Walsh

I read the first page of comments and then thought I'd have my say.

What has Jol done wrong? he hasn't made any bad signings, yeah maybe his tactics are dodgy sometimes but you can excuse him for that because most manager do exactly the same thing.

Jol's signings have been really good. I will start with Enoh, solid midfielder and haven't seen him make a HUGE error yet. Dejagah, something we need in our team... fast and isn't scared of running at the defenders. Riether, possibly our player of the season, he has been solid at the back and can't really remember him having a poor game (maybe the Reading game). Karagounis, A player who I doubted at first saying he was too old, he runs more than most players out there and has been a great player for us. Berbatov, everyone has their own opinion about him but he has been pretty good for us, I'm not a huge fan because I prefer a striker who has pace and will run at a defender but you can't deny his skill. Manolev, not seen a lot of him but seems like a pretty good defender going forward and half decent at the back, great backup player. Richardson, not seen a lot of him this season but may just break through into the starting 11 over Riise next season. Emannuelson, he has only played 3/4 games and we have already seen the good and bad sides of him... fast and likes to run at players but somewhat like Ruiz, a player who loses the ball in positions that he shouldn't.

These are just some of the transfers Jol has made this year and I can't really spot a bad one (some would say Richardson) I think Jol is the perfect manager for us, he just needs time to build a team which is actually his and I think this summer he will get rid of a lot of unneeded players.

farfouille

Quote from: jms on May 04, 2013, 07:53:00 PM
I think Berb will be off this summer as he doesn't appear to give a s*** about this club. Good riddance....

He does give a s*** (the fact that he gets furious during matches proves that) but now I am not sure that he should give a s***. Let's face it, he is one of the best scorers in the PL (currently 10th, with more goals than Rooney), he plays for a club that barely avoids relegation and he gets criticized every time he doesn't score. He must be crazy to stay, yet I think he will (not so sure why).

Learn more at: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/torschuetzen/wettbewerb_GB1.html
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

MJG

Quote from: Walsh on May 05, 2013, 08:06:51 AM
I read the first page of comments and then thought I'd have my say.

What has Jol done wrong? he hasn't made any bad signings, yeah maybe his tactics are dodgy sometimes but you can excuse him for that because most manager do exactly the same thing.

Jol's signings have been really good. I will start with Enoh, solid midfielder and haven't seen him make a HUGE error yet. Dejagah, something we need in our team... fast and isn't scared of running at the defenders. Riether, possibly our player of the season, he has been solid at the back and can't really remember him having a poor game (maybe the Reading game). Karagounis, A player who I doubted at first saying he was too old, he runs more than most players out there and has been a great player for us. Berbatov, everyone has their own opinion about him but he has been pretty good for us, I'm not a huge fan because I prefer a striker who has pace and will run at a defender but you can't deny his skill. Manolev, not seen a lot of him but seems like a pretty good defender going forward and half decent at the back, great backup player. Richardson, not seen a lot of him this season but may just break through into the starting 11 over Riise next season. Emannuelson, he has only played 3/4 games and we have already seen the good and bad sides of him... fast and likes to run at players but somewhat like Ruiz, a player who loses the ball in positions that he shouldn't.

These are just some of the transfers Jol has made this year and I can't really spot a bad one (some would say Richardson) I think Jol is the perfect manager for us, he just needs time to build a team which is actually his and I think this summer he will get rid of a lot of unneeded players.
ok who are the unneeded players?

epsomraver

Quote from: Forever Fulham on May 05, 2013, 02:01:26 AM
You want it easy and encouraging?  Then cheer for another team.  It's never going to be predictable with this club.  A musical chairs of managers.  A pension fund for greybeard players.  Pinching funds with short term loaners.  A fabulist for an owner.  OK, that last bit may be a bit harsh.  God knows what he's done for the club.  We take our lumps and move on.  I thought we'd be safe at only 37.  I was wrong.  Reading has character.  They didn't get to this league on a whim.  It's damn hard to climb out of the Championship.  The schedule.  The number of games.  The less than ideal facilities.  Players who can see the light at the end of the tunnel--EPL--and will work their behinds off to get there.  Arsenal looked like a horrible team until not too long ago, remember?  Conversely, Reading, knowing it is going down, has managed to show character and resolve and fight--and some skill--here near the end.  Give them some credit.  The change in quality shell shocked them from the beginning of the season.    But they never gave up, even when they knew they were going down.  I had a bad feeling before the game started.  Did we take them seriously when the game started?  When did the light bulb go on that we were in a real game? 

You come on here and tell fans who have supported this club for 50 years plus to go and support another club, this from the the USA from someone who has probably never ever attended a game , well short of getting banned I will say only that you really should go some where else, Fulham for ever! come back in 30 years and then I might believe it :dft007: :dft007: :dft007: :dft007: :dft007: :dft007: