Started by M i c K Y x FFC, May 04, 2013, 06:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: epsomraver on May 05, 2013, 10:41:19 AM
Quote from: M i c K Y x FFC on May 05, 2013, 09:41:50 AM
Quote from: Walsh on May 05, 2013, 08:55:28 AM
Quote from: MJG on May 05, 2013, 08:34:34 AM
Quote from: Walsh on May 05, 2013, 08:06:51 AM
I read the first page of comments and then thought I'd have my say.

What has Jol done wrong? he hasn't made any bad signings, yeah maybe his tactics are dodgy sometimes but you can excuse him for that because most manager do exactly the same thing.

Jol's signings have been really good. I will start with Enoh, solid midfielder and haven't seen him make a HUGE error yet. Dejagah, something we need in our team... fast and isn't scared of running at the defenders. Riether, possibly our player of the season, he has been solid at the back and can't really remember him having a poor game (maybe the Reading game). Karagounis, A player who I doubted at first saying he was too old, he runs more than most players out there and has been a great player for us. Berbatov, everyone has their own opinion about him but he has been pretty good for us, I'm not a huge fan because I prefer a striker who has pace and will run at a defender but you can't deny his skill. Manolev, not seen a lot of him but seems like a pretty good defender going forward and half decent at the back, great backup player. Richardson, not seen a lot of him this season but may just break through into the starting 11 over Riise next season. Emannuelson, he has only played 3/4 games and we have already seen the good and bad sides of him... fast and likes to run at players but somewhat like Ruiz, a player who loses the ball in positions that he shouldn't.

These are just some of the transfers Jol has made this year and I can't really spot a bad one (some would say Richardson) I think Jol is the perfect manager for us, he just needs time to build a team which is actually his and I think this summer he will get rid of a lot of unneeded players.
ok who are the unneeded players?

Duff
Baird
Hughes
Davies
Diarra
Petric
Karagounis
Schwarzer

This is my opinion of course.

After Senderos performance against a relegated team, he cannot start next year. The list of players is longer imo; Schwarzer; Stockdale; Somogyi; Hughes; Riise; Briggs; Baird; Diarra; Davies; Petric; Berbatov. Don't extend the loan deals of; Manolev and Frimpong.

Why Simon Davies, not been given a chance, try watching the Hamberg game at the cottage again and then write him off !
Why Hughes? you telling me he would have had a worse game yesterday than Senderos?

Davies has a calf injury thats why, and to be honest i don't think Senderos was any worse than anyone else out there, at least he made one goal line clearance.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Fulham_Surrey

The OP, you must be joking.  Berba served the ball on a platter to Rodders twice, and Ruiz did it twice, and Rodders missed.  If Berba was at the end of the these, he would have scored.  But Jol put in Rodders at told him to be the front man, and he told Berba to drop back. Berba created quite a few chances. To say that he is at fault for not scoring more yesterday is absurd.

epsomraver

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on May 05, 2013, 11:49:58 AM
It's killing me that you think  a manager who shouts a bit and a few 17 year olds in the first team is all that we need rather than a centre forward who is probably the best this club has ever seen and a manager who has hardly ever failed at what he does across three different countries.

Where is the logic in this? Or is it yet another one of your ridiculous knee jerk reactions because we happened to get beaten?

I think I'm going to close my account down, shoot myself or a the very least go and spend the day getting drunk.

Knee jerk? we have been beaten 5 times in the last 6 games or  hadn't you noticed fp.gif

Peabody

Of course we have noticed, we just handle it differently.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on May 05, 2013, 11:49:58 AM
It's killing me that you think  a manager who shouts a bit and a few 17 year olds in the first team is all that we need rather than a centre forward who is probably the best this club has ever seen and a manager who has hardly ever failed at what he does across three different countries.

Where is the logic in this? Or is it yet another one of your ridiculous knee jerk reactions because we happened to get beaten?

I think I'm going to close my account down, shoot myself or a the very least go and spend the day getting drunk.

:plus one: well said.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Tonywa

While I can see just why people get annoyed at times with Berbatov's seemingly uncommitted attitude, i do wonder where we might have been this season without his thirteen goals.

M i c K Y x FFC

Quote from: Tonywa on May 05, 2013, 10:20:15 PM
While I can see just why people get annoyed at times with Berbatov's seemingly uncommitted attitude, i do wonder where we might have been this season without his thirteen goals.

Not much better. Ruiz and Rodallega would of been a good partnership.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on May 05, 2013, 06:52:10 PM
The OP, you must be joking.  Berba served the ball on a platter to Rodders twice, and Ruiz did it twice, and Rodders missed.  If Berba was at the end of the these, he would have scored.  But Jol put in Rodders at told him to be the front man, and he told Berba to drop back. Berba created quite a few chances. To say that he is at fault for not scoring more yesterday is absurd.

Hardly on a plate but without having Rodders there in the first place to miss these so called easy chances, who else was ther/. Berbatov missed a header then did nothing else except have somebody to pass to and Ruiz missed chances but again looked better with another proper forward on the pitch. Rodders may not be perfect without many games under his belt. But he gives far more to the side and makes Berbatov and Ruiz have someone to pass to.Just having Berbatov and Ruiz has rarely worked.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Quote from: Classic94 on May 05, 2013, 10:00:33 AM
I can't believe some on here are defending Jol and the players after another shambolic performance. We shipped four goals against a relegated side at home, it's frankly embarrassing. It was a pathetic, disorganised shambles and you know the worst thing? It wasn't even the worst showing this season. Off the top of my head, QPR (a) Liverpool (a) & Wigan (h) were equally bad. Of course, Jol cannot be held responsible for losing key players over the summer & the injuries to Diarra etc. but the top managers adjust. Hodgson got the best out of a limited squad on a tight budget. We were defensively sound and difficult to beat. Craven Cottage was a fortress. Compare that to the lethargic pile of dross we witnessed yesterday. It was a return to the Sanchez era and it has happened far to often under our current manager. Assuming we close out the season, BIG changes are needed in the summer.

So, what was the actual difference between the team that beat Spuds, and the team that lost to Reading then?

westcliff white

0001.jpegI think it's harsh o all of rodders chances were clear cut. I am not his biggest fan, in fact ever nice he missed a heard against us for Wigan a few hers back I have thought he is not premier league quality, however on Saturday only 2 were chances he should have scored, the others were could have scored chances. The one in the first half I struggle to see how he missed, the one off the bar was unfortunate.

He is quick, but has very little control to go with it, when he set up Ruiz's first goal he got lucky, is touch was heavy but his sped managed to get himthepass on the stretch away. When berba was bought down (how that wasn't given I do not know) he used his sped well again, but he needs more than speed, he needs control and finishing ability too, and sadly he lacks some of these skills.

We did lay better when he was on as his speed stretched reading, what we need to d is figure out how best to play every team,  oven berba will start, then some times it's a case of rodders or some one similar but better (bent?) with Ruiz wider, or Ruiz and berba against other teams etc. we seem to be stuck sometimes Ian formulaic selection pattern.
Every day is a Fulham day