watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sasha Riether

Started by Aldo, May 04, 2013, 08:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aldo

What was with Riether today? He stopped running after about 40 minutes and I was convinced he would come off injured at half time. In the second half Jol made two substitutions, but left him on despite the fact he would/could not seem to run. Part of the reason we conceded 4 today may well have been that we only had 3 defenders for the second half as whenever Reading broke he seemed to be back on the halfway line!

MJG

I know its against the rules but while Reither has been good this season he is never that great at getting back. He's not as fit as people think.
Still a good RB and I would sign him but for me thats his weakness.

Aldo

But he wasn't even trying to get back. He wasn't even tracking back as if he was told to play on the wing! He was either injured or knackered imho. Either way he should have been subbed and manolev brought on!

dannydog

For Readings 3rd goal he was still on the edge of their box !

ffcfulham

when we go a few goals down we play 3 at the back reither plays wide right did it earlier in the season too
WE ARE FULHAM FFC
@ffcfulham

Aldo

Quote from: ffcfulham on May 04, 2013, 09:25:24 PM
when we go a few goals down we play 3 at the back reither plays wide right did it earlier in the season too

but surely he should at least track back to help when required.

MJG

Quote from: ffcfulham on May 04, 2013, 09:25:24 PM
that didn't really happen second half. We went to 442 with Ruiz on the right side of midfield.

WayneKerrins

Looked uncomfortable. Back/hip/hamstring I'd say from his labored, upright running.

CanadianCottager

Quote from: MJG on May 04, 2013, 08:10:44 PM
I know its against the rules but while Reither has been good this season he is never that great at getting back. He's not as fit as people think.
Still a good RB and I would sign him but for me thats his weakness.

Agree 100%, I know criticizing Riether on here is a cardinal sin but he has his issues defensively. Still, better than Manolev, Baird, or Kelly and I'm glad to have him

Andy S

I think Reither was injured as he was limping after 20 minutes.

Matt Inglis

He was definitely not fit, that much was very clear.
Bad decision by Jol to risk him when Manolev has been decent recently.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

EJL

I don't think he was fit. He was out of position all game.

RaySmith

I was waiting for the Riether backlash.

Like any player , he has his off days, and can be affected by knocks and injuries, tiredness, etc.