News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just a thought, Who would we get instead of jol?

Started by Chutney, May 04, 2013, 09:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutney

I have defended Jol all season long but I am finding it incredibly difficult recently, more difficult than Senderos finds defending a cross.

So, I'm not saying these managers are better than Jol but it is interesting to look at the other managers who are available and those that we could have instead.

Marelo Bielsa, Ralf Rangrick, Billy McKinlay, Gus Poyet, Guus Hiddink, Roberto Martinez, Roberto Di Matteo, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Laurent Blanc, Danny Murphy, Lee Clark, Lauent Blanc.

We could have got Nigel Adkins before Reading, even Mauricio Pochettino before Southampton.

I am willing to back Jol as I always have but the above names do make me think, could we do better?
C O Y W

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on May 04, 2013, 09:04:41 PM
, more difficult than Senderos finds defending a cross.

Or even knowing that its a good idea to run towards the player attacking than run back to the 6 yard box while allowing said striker to make up 40 yards with the ball on his own.

ron

A bad experience at Sunderland doesn't make a certain Irishman a bad manager...in fact his past successes have been in positions where the purse strings are rather tight, and there has been a good deal of underperforming.........

But if I mention his name it will start a cyberspace riot, and I can't see why.

I have to say though, I don't know how far his suggested return to Leicester City has progressed...but Premier League must trump that.

MJG

Marelo Bielsa  would love him but no chance.
Would take martinez

CurryForMario

He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Fulham76

Benitez maybe... Seems efficient enough & he'll certainly be out of work in the next month or so. If we were to replace Jol, looks likely whoever got the job would also have no budget though

Buffalo76

I'd happily have Rafa. He wins trophies wherever he manages. He'd need a decent budget though. Probably more than any previous Fulham manager under Al-Fayed.  :plus one:

grandad

If Jol is given sufficient financial backing I feel there is no need to replace him. He is used to having quality players to do what he asks of them. With our current squad there is not too much fighting for a start in the majority of possitions. If there is no significant investment I would not blame Jol if he decided to leave. We will just have to see what the summer brings.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SouthfieldWhite

Only one man for me, Sir Chrissy Powell, if not him , realistically, Martinez or of course Hiddink

Danitar

Quote from: grandad on May 04, 2013, 09:55:59 PM
If Jol is given sufficient financial backing I feel there is no need to replace him. He is used to having quality players to do what he asks of them. With our current squad there is not too much fighting for a start in the majority of possitions. If there is no significant investment I would not blame Jol if he decided to leave. We will just have to see what the summer brings.

+1 finally someone talking sense

Berserker

Fulham FC has to sort something out this summer that's for sure. I'm not saying it's Jol's fault, or that he should go,  I'm blaming it on the club as a whole, as something is wrong there, I'm not sure what it is as I'm not a footballing brain.  Next season can't be like this one though
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Jimpav

Quote from: Danitar on May 04, 2013, 10:03:25 PM

Jol has had financial backing though - he splashed a lot of cash on Ruiz and Berbatovs wages will not be cheap.

He has got some of the best players this club has seen Ruiz, Berbatov, Riether, Schwarzer, Hangeland at his disposal but has failed to get the best out of them and make them play as a team.

Jol has been at the club 2 years - this is plenty of time to implement a plan. Hodgson took us to a 7th place finish and a European final in a similar time frame and with a similar or lower outlay.

Dembele leaving was inevitable but Murphy leaving was unforgivable.

Chutney

Quote from: Jimpav on May 04, 2013, 10:59:59 PM
Quote from: Danitar on May 04, 2013, 10:03:25 PM

Jol has had financial backing though - he splashed a lot of cash on Ruiz and Berbatovs wages will not be cheap.

He has got some of the best players this club has seen Ruiz, Berbatov, Riether, Schwarzer, Hangeland at his disposal but has failed to get the best out of them and make them play as a team.

Jol has been at the club 2 years - this is plenty of time to implement a plan. Hodgson took us to a 7th place finish and a European final in a similar time frame and with a similar or lower outlay.

Dembele leaving was inevitable but Murphy leaving was unforgivable.

Spot on, Jol has had a more than sufficient backing to allow him to put his stamp on the side.
C O Y W

Stefano Okaka Chuka

I am backing Jol to transform the team during the summer, but after this season it is quite clear that we are at the end of the road and that we need a massive shake up...
By the way if Jol walks out tomorrow I'd give a call to Kenny Jackett, he has worked wonders with a tight budget at Millwall and his sides can play a bit of football. Also he would add some much needed british steel to the team.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Sgt Fulham

Martinez once Wigan go down maybe? Seems to be just what our team needs and we have better players than Wigan so I think we can expect a top 10 finish under him. Its not this season I'm worried about, it's next season...

DiegoFulham

i'm still behind Martin Jol but if worst comes to worst I wouldn't mind Lee Clark, Danny Murphy, Alan Pardew, Dougie Freeman.
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Lighthouse

If Jol had not persevered with his dull tactics and no pressure on the opposition, the side we have would have done better. Give him backing and is he really capable at doing anything other than saying what we all think but being unable to change tactics?

Why did it take until half way through the first half to realise the Ruiz, Berbatov formation doesn't work. Why did he think this static defence was going to come good. Jol needs more than money.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Buffalo76

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on May 05, 2013, 02:25:33 AM
I am backing Jol to transform the team during the summer, but after this season it is quite clear that we are at the end of the road and that we need a massive shake up...
By the way if Jol walks out tomorrow I'd give a call to Kenny Jackett, he has worked wonders with a tight budget at Millwall and his sides can play a bit of football. Also he would add some much needed british steel to the team.

I think we've been in the Premier league long enough to attract an established name far far better than the manager of a bunch of vile thugs like Millwall thanks all the same.