watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I think we're going....

Started by DiegoFulham, May 04, 2013, 10:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiegoFulham

down this season. i'm sorry but i can't even see us getting a point vs Liverpool and Swansea in the last 2 games... we're on 40 points at the moment and if Wigan win on Wednesday they'll be on 38 points which leaves us and all the clubs down there fearing the drop. we'd need 3 points in my eyes but with Liverpool ripping teams apart and after today i can't see us getting a point let alone 3 whereas with Swansea they've become our bogy side in the premier league. Wigan have Arsenal away this season which gives us hope but... they did beat them last season at Arsenal. Dembele is the problem, he left us last minute and deserves when we play spurs to be the one targeted, Dempsey said he wanted to leave so we knew we had to get a replacement for him.

Positives of getting relegated

West London Derbies (QPR away & Brentford away?)

Reading away

Bournemouth away

more chance of us winning away?

better attendance's away

get all the mercenaries fans out of the club who don't support the club but watch us because we are playing premier league football

a few interesting away games next season?

a good promotion bid? 

@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Aaron

Some of the away fixtures in the Championship would be great, no doubt.

Milwall (have ALWAYS wanted to do that one) Leeds, QPR, Forest and a lot of other nice games in the midlands (I've a lot of mates in Notts so good excuse for me to take a weekend on the piss and catch a Fulham game!)

We also have a fantastic youth system which isn't EVER going to get a look in while Jol is in charge, we could start bleeding them in the Championship..  A team full of exciting, home-grown youngsters?? Yes please!

Winning away semi-regularly is also a distinct possibility..

It also guarantees that we get rid of Jol.

Best case scenario we spend a couple of seasons in the badlands and earn ourselves promotion again with a young, fresh, proud-to-be-Fulham team and take on the Premier League again with a whole new outlook.

Worst case scenario.. Well, let's not go there..

I'm not exactly sure what the financial implications of relegation would be, but if we could survive I would almost embrace it at this stage... In fact, I think I hope we do go down!

Whatever way you want to cut it we're stagnant in the Premier League and I really don't think we are in a position to do a lot about that.  It's getting boring.. In a perverse way I'm almost excited that we're in a relegation scrap, it's a shame we have decided to go into it with a whimper rather than a battle roar though, at least it's something to attract the attention instead of utterly boring, half-arsed mediocrity that seems to have been the story of the season.

SouthfieldWhite

jesus , bet youre fun at a party, how about if we go down all the people who will lose their jobs, how about we might just do a Wolves and go down again.

anyway at least if we go down i can sleep with the knowledge you will have a nice day at Bournemouth next season

Aaron

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on May 04, 2013, 10:51:35 PM

jesus , bet youre fun at a party, how about if we go down all the people who will lose their jobs, how about we might just do a Wolves and go down again.

anyway at least if we go down i can sleep with the knowledge you will have a nice day at Bournemouth next season

Maybe this is a tad short-sighted of me.. But who would lose their jobs exactly?

Also, what's wrong with finding a silver-lining?

Fulham76

Quote from: DiegoFulham on May 04, 2013, 10:34:54 PM
down this season. i'm sorry but i can't even see us getting a point vs Liverpool and Swansea in the last 2 games... we're on 40 points at the moment and if Wigan win on Wednesday they'll be on 38 points which leaves us and all the clubs down there fearing the drop. we'd need 3 points in my eyes but with Liverpool ripping teams apart and after today i can't see us getting a point let alone 3 whereas with Swansea they've become our bogy side in the premier league. Wigan have Arsenal away this season which gives us hope but... they did beat them last season at Arsenal. Dembele is the problem, he left us last minute and deserves when we play spurs to be the one targeted, Dempsey said he wanted to leave so we knew we had to get a replacement for him.

Positives of getting relegated

West London Derbies (QPR away & Brentford away?)

Reading away

Bournemouth away

more chance of us winning away?

better attendance's away

get all the mercenaries fans out of the club who don't support the club but watch us because we are playing premier league football

a few interesting away games next season?

a good promotion bid?  

Agree that we won't get another point this season but think we'll stay up purely because Wigan / Norwich don't get enough.

In terms of games in the championship. Would enjoy games against the likes of Brentford, Bournemouth etc but QPR??? No way. Really don't see them as rivals. We've had no contact with them for 13 of the last 15 years. Acknowledge they've rubbed lots of us up the wrong way when they 1st came up by constantly bombarding our messageboards with ridiculous comments about their superiority, their money, their champions league prospects etc.. etc..
The real reason we dislike them is down to the 'ambition' comments of sparkless Hughes & that useless p**** Zamora. Apart from that & the 2 games a season we play them, did any of us give them a 2nd thought?

DJinNJ

You forgot to mention the fortune you'll make after putting £50 on us to go down.

Aaron

£2300.. I shall come to terms with relegation by consoling myself with a holiday in the Maldives.

FFC1987

4 points from last 2. Still trying to be optimistic and even if we don't, I can't see teams around us picking up much either. Not sure it's time yet to admit defeat but my god it was bad today.

Berserker

I've given up on this season now, I'm not going to even think about the next two matches   :026:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Aldo

"get all the mercenaries fans out of the club who don't support the club but watch us because we are playing premier league football"

I still don't get this aversion to potential new blood! If some of these "mercenaries" decide to hang around then that can only be a good thing. The rest will at least think well of us! Either way this will result in long term increased support and short term revenue increases. Can't see anything wrong with that!

JackyFulham90

We've had a poor season but 40 will be enough, a point out the next 2 will see us safe, let's hope the team respond after today

DJinNJ

Quote from: Aaron on May 04, 2013, 11:09:03 PM
£2300.. I shall come to terms with relegation by consoling myself with a holiday in the Maldives.

And still have enough leftover for the reduced season ticket prices!

God The Mechanic

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on May 04, 2013, 11:25:32 PM
We've had a poor season but 40 will be enough, a point out the next 2 will see us safe, let's hope the team respond after today

Weren't we saying that after last weekend? This game was as easy as it gets, and they cocked it right up.