watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Geroge Cohen MBE

Started by Sheepskin Junior, May 05, 2013, 02:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheepskin Junior

I was in the Cohen restaurant and then the Director's area for the game yesterday. He hosted and could not have been better. There were only 6 tables in the restaurant and once everyone had sat down he came round and introduced himself to everyone individually. It was very surreal, eating lunch sat not 7 feet away from a world cup winner with England.
After the game, him and Diddy David did a Q&A and he was very honest about everything that was asked of him. I spoke to David as well and he has confirmed, as has been mentioned on here before, that he will be staying. I told him what I think most of us think - that it wouldn't be the same without him.
Brede Hangeland also came in for some pictures and autographs. I discovered that he is too diplomatic to answer 'Hughes or Senderos?'
Also had to squeeze past none other than Luis Boa Morte to get back to my seat for the second half
All in all, the club were very nice and accomodating and Cohen, Hamilton and Hangeland were all the best they could possibly be. The only thing that marred the day was the result, but let's be honest, we deserved no better.
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

Sniffer

Yes, all sounds very similar to when we took my Dad in there for his 70th birthday.
"Numquam Cede"

b+w geezer

Some reckon to have issues with George's stance towards the club when things were desperate, but he is clearly a jewel in Fulham's crown and serves it well again today. For the second half of the last match in what's now called `League One', I had the pleasant shock of him sit next down to me in Block T, meaning I have personal experience of what the OP is reporting. Anyone who attended the memorial service for Johnny Haynes will also remember how eloquently George spoke; he has an educated air about him, despite, as we know, having shifted from education to football at early age. Clearly he has studied at the `university of life!' Quite apart from its Fulham angle, George's autobiography is also more interesting, and certainly less bland, than yer average footballer's.