watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Watch the highlights - and calm down !

Started by Robbie, May 06, 2013, 06:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

What an odd game.  Their penalty was cr@p - outside the box and marginal. Berbatov was denied a penalty that would have been given 9/10. Roddy hit the bar and was denied by world-class goal keeping. Ruiz could have had one in minute number one. Granted - we have GOT to fix the midfield - BUT that was a very odd game.

Artful Dodger

Agreed, another day it could have been 4-3 to us but you cannot defend as abysmally as we did and expect to win premier league football matches. Calling it 'Schoolboy defending' would be insulting most schoolboy defenders. Can't see us scoring enough goals against Liverpool or Swansea if we defend like that. 
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

HatterDon

It must have been a magnificent editing job. I can't remember more than about 15 minutes each half where we weren't pegged back. This was a poor display against the least talented side in the Premier League. People aren't criticizing the performance on Saturday because they need to calm down. They're criticizing it because it was an abysmal display by a lethargic bunch of players, playing a boring style of football.

So, a little less of the "don't panic" and "calm down" and "it's not Jol's fault" might be in order for those who saw the same match I did on Saturday.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Enter the Frei

Quote from: HatterDon on May 06, 2013, 10:56:56 PM
It must have been a magnificent editing job. I can't remember more than about 15 minutes each half where we weren't pegged back. This was a poor display against the least talented side in the Premier League. People aren't criticizing the performance on Saturday because they need to calm down. They're criticizing it because it was an abysmal display by a lethargic bunch of players, playing a boring style of football.

So, a little less of the "don't panic" and "calm down" and "it's not Jol's fault" might be in order for those who saw the same match I did on Saturday.

I agree with the sentiment of what you're saying in that the performance was dreadful but to call what we saw on Saturday "boring football" seems misguided.