News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can either of Stoke or sunderland do us a favour?

Started by Admin, May 06, 2013, 07:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Or is it really just down to Wigan or realistically US beating Liverpool.

rusty shackleford

Hopefully Stoke hammer Sunderland tonight.

Could do with Norwich failing to beat WBA though cause you cant see them getting anything at City

mangoputney

Stoke tonight, Swansea tom, Chelsea & were fine on 40

Would not mind QPR turning up against Newcastle & West Brom producing something at Norwich also

Not much then
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

BarryP

The simple addition is Swansea and Chelsea in the midweek matches equals safety but Stoke tonking Sunderland today would make me feel better than the the reverse. Since both teams finish up with Spurs and Southampton I would just as soon keep the three points in hand over Sunderland.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Enter the Frei

Ideal scenario is Stoke beat Sunderland by a few tonight, because it's Sunderland Southampton next week. That would guarantee at least one of them being below us going into the last day of the season where Sunderland also go away to Spurs.

If Sunderland don't win tonight they are in a lot of trouble IMO.

Also Norwich and Newcastle are both in awful form and will need a win to overtake us even if we don't get any points, when they play Arsenal and City respectively on the last day of the season.

Villa are still in trouble as well, playing Wigan and Chelsea so it is in no way down to us Wigan or Sunderland as the OP seems to suggest.

Enter the Frei

one point from us and it is very close to impossible for us to be relegated.

BarryP

I do however expect Stoke to be thrashed as they are tosh away from home and the win would help Fulham.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Burt

Not often I find myself rooting for Stoke, but tonight is an exception...

Buffalo76

Quote from: Burt on May 06, 2013, 08:18:05 PM
Not often I find myself rooting for Stoke, but tonight is an exception...

:plus one:

bucksfulham

Rhys Lightning 63

CRAIG GARDENER OFF!!! So that's Sessengon and Gardener out for the rest of the year
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

btings

I despise this Sunderland squad.  Crush them, Stoke.

Danitar

Stoke are making this really easy, I know that Sunderland are a man down but if we were in stokes position we would make such hard work of this.

Admin

Quote from: Danitar on May 06, 2013, 08:45:01 PM
Stoke are making this really easy, I know that Sunderland are a man down but if we were in stokes position we would make such hard work of this.

Difference is, when Pulis was questioned the other week about being dragged into a relegation scrap, he said never mind, I'll pull the boys in to the office tomorrow and have a chat, we'll sort it out, which he did. He may not be the most footballing minded manager but he is a motivator of players.

Burt

Wigan still hold the key.

Home v Swansea.
Away v Arsenal.
Home v Villa.

How many points do you think they will get? I suspect 6 at most.

Danitar

Quote from: Burt on May 06, 2013, 08:56:30 PM

Home v Swansea.
Away v Arsenal.
Home v Villa.

I think 4 at best, too much pressure to win every game I can see that being there downfall and they don't have enough games if they screw it up

Enter the Frei

Home v Swansea.
Away v Arsenal.
Home v Villa.

I agree but that includes the Villa game at the end of the season. If Villa lose to Chelsea and Wigan don't beat both Swansea and Arsenal then we are safe no matter what.

aFFCn_Fan

Home v Swansea.
Away v Arsenal.
Home v Villa.

They also have the FA Cup on Saturday against Man City. They have something like 5 games in 15 days, including Arsenal. I don't know what the Wigan squad is like, but 5 in 15 days in a big ask of any squad.
@hincharoo