News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We now just need a point or Wigan to not win their next game and were safe...

Started by General, May 08, 2013, 10:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty shackleford

Or if Chelsea beat Villa, we are safe no matter what else happens

Burt

I can't see Wigan winning at the Emirates.

But stranger things have happened.

As Rusty says, if Chelsea beat Villa next weekend then we will be safe regardless of results elsewhere.

Of course, if we beat Liverpool then that is the best way to end the nail-biting!

NorfolkJim

Yes come on Chelsea, do something nice for your little brother for a change. 049:gif

NorfolkJim

Quote from: rusty shackleford on May 08, 2013, 11:04:05 AM

Isn't that barring a 10 goal + whatever Chelsea or maybe Wigan impose on Villa, swing against us over the next 2 games?

Burt

Quote from: NorfolkJim on May 08, 2013, 12:58:25 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on May 08, 2013, 11:04:05 AM

Isn't that barring a 10 goal + whatever Chelsea or maybe Wigan impose on Villa, swing against us over the next 2 games?

No - Wigan and Villa play each other on the last day. A draw won't suit either, and a win for either means the other stays below us.

This is assuming Wigan come away with a win at the Emirates...

rusty shackleford

Well, if we are beat 6-0 by Liverpool and 6-0 by Swansea maybe. I dunno, its a bit confusing

jarv

FFC1987

The meltdown on here still is astonishing. I'd be worried if I was Norwich, Saints, Newcastle, Villa, Wigan or Sunderland but after last nights result, we are fine. Maybe not mathetically but hopefully a win against a depleted Liverpool is just what us fans need after a torrid few weeks!

madffc

I think we'll be fine, can't see wigan getting anything off arsenal... shame though really as i wouldn't mind wigan staying up

i guess you never know though..

JBH

Wigan lose to Arsenal and NUFC lose to QPR

Then Wigan beat Villa and Arsenal beat NUFC = NUFC down

That would be good

rusty shackleford

If Villa lose to Chelsea on Saturday, ill definitely be rooting for Wigan come Sunday. Always wanted them to stay up. Couldnt really care about Villa, Newcastle Norwich or Sunderland.

Id prefer Sunderland to go but can see them beating Southampton and Southampton in turn beating Stoke

Burt

If Chelsea beat Villa this weekend, then Villa remain on 40 points going in to their final match with Wigan.

If Wigan beat Arsenal this weekend, then they move to 38 points going in to the game against Villa.

As Wigan and Villa are playing each other on the last day, in this scenario (i.e. Chelsea having beaten Villa) then even if we lose our remaining games to Liverpool and Swansea:

1.   A draw will mean Villa go above us, Wigan stay below us.
2.   A win for Wigan takes them above Villa and us, Villa stay below us though.
3.   A win for Villa takes them above us, and Wigan stay below.

So the Villa v Chelsea result holds the key. A Chelsea win and we are safe, regardless.

And this assumes that Wigan wins at the Emirates. If they don't, then we are safe.

Burt

I never thought I would have to be thinking all this stuff through a few games ago!! Just goes to show how tight things are, and how much of a fight the teams below us have been putting up.

EJL

By the way, Norwich have WBA at home and City away for their last two games. That is pretty bloody tough. The Baggies are good away from home and City have only dropped nine points at home this season, only losing once... to Manchester United. They've sleepwalked into a relegation battle, too.