take this how you will about bent

Started by Sammyffc, May 09, 2013, 01:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

odds on him joining fulham this summer dropped from 6/1 to 6/4  :023:

JBH

I will take it with a pinch of salt  065.gif

FFC1987

Out of interest, how much is he worth nowadays? Does anyone know when his contract ends?

Sammyffc

i think i shall also pinch the salt  1500.gif , i woulnd't say no to having him though ! , and not sure , surely got to be about 4 mill now

Mitch

That market could be changed by a £10 from one person though. It's hardly going to be receivings tons of bets, so the market shifts quicker.

Legate21

Yet another 30 year old. Would prefer us to take a chance Charlie Austin.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Legate21 on May 09, 2013, 02:03:14 PM

I'd rather not have someone unproven in the Prem for a stupid fee. Look at Rhodes, £10 million in the Championship but who is to say he'd score more than 5 in the Prem? Considering we can't rely on anyone else to bang them in for fun I'd rather go for someone already proven, even if they are slightly older.

JackyFulham90

I will be happy if we sign him but doubt we will

Legate21

Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 09, 2013, 04:02:33 PM
Quote from: Legate21 on May 09, 2013, 02:03:14 PM

I'd rather not have someone unproven in the Prem for a stupid fee. Look at Rhodes, £10 million in the Championship but who is to say he'd score more than 5 in the Prem? Considering we can't rely on anyone else to bang them in for fun I'd rather go for someone already proven, even if they are slightly older.

Assuming Berbatov stays, we've got a proven prem striker. He will take the lead and Austin would be a bit part player at best for the first season. I wouldn't pay over the odds for him, but would be happy to pay a similar fee to what Bent would fetch.

I have never rated Bent, but have always been silenced by his goals. The fact he's hardly played this season whilst Villa have struggled surely says a lot? Benteke is a monster, but Villa have played 2or3 up top consistently and the fact Agbonlahor has kept him out the team says a lot in my opinion. Whether its fitness or attitude, I'm not sure if I'd want him here.

Zu-Meister

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on May 09, 2013, 04:33:46 PM
i think he is coming this summer, fairly confident about that. age 29 not too bad, bit injury prone too, but if he stays fit, i would be very happy with this signing.

Humbled

Quote from: Zu-Meister on May 09, 2013, 04:37:44 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on May 09, 2013, 04:33:46 PM
i think he is coming this summer, fairly confident about that. age 29 not too bad, bit injury prone too, but if he stays fit, i would be very happy with this signing.

agreed, if he stays fit he is a good addition

Matt Inglis

I would be happy to see this happen. Did Martin sign him for Tottingham?
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

jarv

Someone mentioned Jordan Rhodes. Think fee was 8 mill (or less). Has kept Blackburn from doing a Wolves on his own. Can't stop scoring for 3 seasons now, even for Scotland and that takes some doing.
Didn't a certain Mr Saha make the transition from Championship goal machine to premier without a hitch. It does happen.

Bent,  value is about 20 quid I reckon. There has to be a reason he was frozen out at Villa, besides Benteke of course.

MOR :

Quote from: jarv on May 09, 2013, 05:18:21 PM
Someone mentioned Jordan Rhodes. Think fee was 8 mill (or less). Has kept Blackburn from doing a Wolves on his own. Can't stop scoring for 3 seasons now, even for Scotland and that takes some doing.
Didn't a certain Mr Saha make the transition from Championship goal machine to premier without a hitch. It does happen.

Bent,  value is about 20 quid I reckon. There has to be a reason he was frozen out at Villa, besides Benteke of course.

Yep must say I'd prefer Rhodes to Bent...

mangoputney

Quote from: MOR : on May 09, 2013, 05:30:25 PM

Rhodes is a goal scorer... End of...

Would rather him or ALF over Bent
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Matt Inglis

Quote from: mangoputney on May 09, 2013, 08:44:05 PM
Quote from: MOR : on May 09, 2013, 05:30:25 PM

Rhodes is a goal scorer... End of...

Would rather him or ALF over Bent
Interestingly I met some Reading supporters and they don't think ALF is worth the hype. Mumblings of a few good months and that he never performs when he starts.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Enter the Frei

There are a lot of players I'd have on my shopping list above Adam Le Fondre, very average player.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Bent is the kind of player I wouldn't want anywhere near Fulham. Silly wages, always injured, doesn't partecipate in the play at all aside from the odd tap in. Where was he the last two seasons at Villa? I remember one game I made a point of counting how many touches of the ball he had before the final whistle, he had come on as a sub during the half time and he managed to touch the ball only 6 times in 45 minutes without doing anything with it of course.
I'd rather give another chance to Barry Hayles at 40 than have him.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

HatterDon

Bent -- because what Fulham needs more than anything else is another striker who won't run and has no team ethic.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

mangoputney

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on May 10, 2013, 12:59:04 AM
Bent is the kind of player I wouldn't want anywhere near Fulham. Silly wages, always injured, doesn't partecipate in the play at all aside from the odd tap in. Where was he the last two seasons at Villa? I remember one game I made a point of counting how many touches of the ball he had before the final whistle, he had come on as a sub during the half time and he managed to touch the ball only 6 times in 45 minutes without doing anything with it of course.
I'd rather give another chance to Barry Hayles at 40 than have him.

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation