watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Re: It didn't get any better.

Started by Jimpav, May 10, 2013, 10:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

We don't need a point to stay up but it would certainly our safety beyond doubt.

This was always going to be our toughest run of fixtures - the only match we were the favourites in was our fixture against Reading. This doesn't excuse the poor performances but the results were predictable.

We have never won at Everton, and only beaten Chelsea once in the PL. The point against Villa was respectable and we were unlucky with Sidwells red card and the last second goal at Newcastle.

Had we have taken a point from Arsenal and Newcastle plus three from Reading we would have been looking a lot rosier than our current predicament.

There are two games left to play though and 4 points would make a big difference.

We have had a rotten end to an average season but there is hope. Berbatov has nearly matched Dempseys league tally for last season- impressive given the midfield service he has received.

We also have Riether- a fantastic player that has turned heads but more importantly wants to sign for us.

Jol is irritating at times and his tactics (or lack of) frustrate but he has attracted some good players to the club.

It's not all bad.

jarv

I agree with you but we will be ok. I said along time ago and a few agreed with me (well, at least one did) we were in trouble because we could not beat Reading, Southampton (twice), wigan, qpr,  etc. If we can't beat them, who can we beat.

A poor season but we will be ok (I think).

Fulham should have been competing for europa if they had not dropped so many needless points.

Lighthouse

Our team has played like strangers for much of the season. The tactics of lack of pressing causing games to go by with few efforts on goal. Too many poor on field decisions and too many mistakes by too many players.

I would love to see a game on Sunday that has a Fulham side going forward, having players available up front but also being organised and not looking like a bunch of scared school girls going for a picnic up Hanging Rock.

Let's have a game, win or lose, that shows this Fulham side have organisation and a bit of heart and dare I say it, a bit of organisation.

Just being ok is really an epitaph for a season of failure.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Andy S

Swan You are correct in what you say about it being relegation form but you are wrong if you think we are even likely to go down. Forget the scaremongering and enjoy Sundays game, which in my opinion will be a draw. Then watch our game next week (Another Draw) before having a nice end of season break. Come back next season refreshed and ready for a great season of football