more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Player of the Season Results

Started by Ordar, May 12, 2013, 05:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham_Surrey

fulhamfan

Berbatov shouldn't have won. Yes he is very talented but when the chips are down all he does is wave his arms about and sulks making players heads drop (the young ones especially). You need players that snow grit and determination as well and that's why I voted Schwarzer.

Humbled

i actually did this when it was read out Riether got 3rd -  fp.gif

SKSW6

Even the players voted for Sascha for the player's player award. Properly annoyed at this, just hope it doesn't send out the wrong message to the team and Riether in particular.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Our player of the season was Mark Schwarzer

David Allen Crankshaw

I was astonished when I heard Riether hadn't won.

The Bronsons

Stupid result and a good argument for restricting the vote to season ticket holders and members only - i.e. people who actually go to games and don't rely on spin and MOTD snippets.

FFCAli

Quote from: The Bronsons on May 13, 2013, 08:17:00 AM
Stupid result and a good argument for restricting the vote to season ticket holders and members only - i.e. people who actually go to games and don't rely on spin and MOTD snippets.
:plus one:I find it hard to believe that anyone who actually watched Fulham's matches would agree with the results.

Zu-Meister

it was the greek and bulgarian populations which swung the vote. they voted for their national fave, the germans didnt bother voting for riether coz they dont rate him much over there at the mo.

fulhamphil

Hate to be a cynic but the 'results' of the Player of the Year award have nothing to do with actual votes cast. It's a marketing decision. Do you think anyone really bothers to collate the data?

Believe it or not, BBC Sports Personality of the Year in the past has on occasion been decided by TV executives wanting to make good telly, rather than being a true reflection of the votes cast.

As I'm posting, my appreciation for kind comments on latest blog 'Drowning not Waving' and all who take time to read my espn stuff - it's not just for the Yanks you know (but they have some very real insights into our current woes. Check them out.)

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/fulham?cc=5739

westcliff white

I am 43, have supported fulham since I was 7 when my dad took me to the cottage to see  us play Hereford. I have also had a season ticket for most of my adult life, bar some years when I was made redundant and out of work. I now work in Belgium, and continue to buy my season ticket, to support the club financially. I actually buy two tickets one for me one for my son, so the weekends I am not home my father or brother take my son.

What your saying is I should not have a vote in player of the year as I do not go to all games, that is simply ridiculous. I get to see all the games here if I am not home and i see the live as they shown in the local sports bar.

My vote is as good as anyone else's.

You are discounting anyone who cannot afford a season ticket but can afford to go to say 3 or 4 games a season, Some people save up for the tickets, they may not be able to afford to be members let alone season ticket holders. It may only be twenty or thirty quid to some, but to others that may be their weekly shopping allowance.
Every day is a Fulham day

filham

Seems like a question of a lot of people who have not attended all of the matches voting for the big names.
Based on the season's performances it just had to be Reither although I could understand Schwarzer coming close because he has had some magnificent games.

Anyway it is clear from this thread that the FOF choice would be Reither.

Humbled

i just read in the programme from yesterday that the offical italian supporters club voted Berba player of the year with over 75% of the vote  fp.gif

on a side note, i felt Kara has been decent and i really hope we can get Urby, Riether and Enoh next season

The Bronsons

Quote from: westcliff white on May 13, 2013, 10:33:09 AM

I am 43, have supported fulham since I was 7 when my dad took me to the cottage to see  us play Hereford. I have also had a season ticket for most of my adult life, bar some years when I was made redundant and out of work. I now work in Belgium, and continue to buy my season ticket, to support the club financially. I actually buy two tickets one for me one for my son, so the weekends I am not home my father or brother take my son.

What your saying is I should not have a vote in player of the year as I do not go to all games, that is simply ridiculous. I get to see all the games here if I am not home and i see the live as they shown in the local sports bar.

My vote is as good as anyone else's.

You are discounting anyone who cannot afford a season ticket but can afford to go to say 3 or 4 games a season, Some people save up for the tickets, they may not be able to afford to be members let alone season ticket holders. It may only be twenty or thirty quid to some, but to others that may be their weekly shopping allowance.

Show me where I said that. Sheesh.

My point was about stopping the people who never go to games from voting, or at least stopping people who aren't even Fulham fans. Make it season ticket holders, plus members, plus former STHs plus people with a booking history. Whatever. But don't have the vote swamped by a load of Bulgarians who "support" whoever their players happen to play for.

westcliff white

your inference is those that go to all games thats my point. i understand what you are saying re the vote, but to say only season ticket holders or members makes fulham no better than any other club
Every day is a Fulham day

The Bronsons

Quote from: westcliff white on May 13, 2013, 08:08:04 PM
your inference is those that go to all games thats my point. i understand what you are saying re the vote, but to say only season ticket holders or members makes fulham no better than any other club

Members don't go to all games, so how could I be inferring anything of the sort? You simply haven't understood what I wrote, or chose to misunderstand it so you could have a rant. The only "inference" is yours, and it's wrong.