News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol, please explain what that rubbish was all about today.

Started by jarv, May 12, 2013, 08:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Pathetic, same old same old. Couldn't beat Liverpool reserves. I for one, will be so pleased if the headline tomorrow reads...JOL SACKED.
Seriously, I cannot stand the guy. Did a dreadful job when he came in, now it is even worse.
I would take Hughes back in a heartbeat over this useless twit.

What does Jol work on during the week?
Why is there never any movement off the ball?
Has he ever heard of 3rd man running?

Pathetic. Oh, what do I know, apparently Fulham do not need any motivation at home.

Soooooo glad the season is over. C'mon Arsenal, please don't let Wigan in.

Matt Inglis

Given we may end up finishing one spot above the relegation zone there is now actually a very strong case for Jol to be sacked.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

MJG

Hes going to say
"we tried to our football...whatever that is...and we wereafe in apriland we need 6/7 players and that we need someone to help ruiz whos a passer but we need another passer to help that passer."
Oh and Berbatov and Ruiz can play up front  together no matter what anyone says and players who play well one week get dropped and those who are ineffective get to play again and again and again.
"  and also im available for the Everrton job if required."

Berserker

I suspect that Jol will use lack of funds as an excuse for a poor season so that he doesn't look a bad manager for the Everton job. Whether he's right i do not know.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: bigalffc on May 12, 2013, 10:12:35 PM
enough excuses. maf should sack him now
Don't think this would happen as MAF would have to pay compo/balance of contract
More likley hopeful of Everton (or ANO) coming in for him & they have to pay us to take him
Or he resigns to move to ANO club thereby waiving any right to contract balance?
Whateva it's a terrible mess for someone to have to resolve & I just don't have any confidence that Jol has the answers - with or without funds

Logicalman

That's the idea, lets get Sparky back, he's SO successful, perhaps 'Arry would like a quick turn, I wonder how many managers we can get in and sack in the next 5 seasons, and then wonder why none of them are successful?

bigalffc

Despite the defeat Jol was happy with the effort his side put in against Liverpool, feeling their opponents took advantage of their vulnerability.
Is this good enough? I wasn't happy nor were many more I suspect
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

HammyH3

Be careful what you wish for.
I am happy just to see Berba on our pitch, playing for us, and FFC staying in the Prem.
Well done Martin Jol for keeping us there!!

Classic94

Quote from: HammyH3 on May 12, 2013, 11:38:30 PM
I am happy just to see Berba on our pitch, playing for us, and FFC staying in the Prem.

Are you serious?

HammyH3

Quote from: Classic94 on May 12, 2013, 11:49:45 PM

Are you serious?

Yes

JHunter_Fulham4Life

I'm sorry, but what planet are you living on? We're another Wigan upset from the Drop! That's not "keeping us there!" You "keep us there" by getting the players to work, and work together. The only reason we weren't the most dispirited side in London this weekend is that Man City did the same sad-sack routine they've been doing for the last month and a half. What we have in common with City is we both have a manager who has lost his players - full stop.

Jol had the chance to motivate the players to "keep us there" last week against Reading, and he didn't get the job done. What Reds did to us, we should have done to Reading. And because we didn't, we have to hope Arsenal doesn't mail it in on Tuesday against Wigan, and that Wigan is still hung over from celebrating the FA Cup. But whether we go down or whether we don't, Martin Jol should be in the dole queue on the Monday after this one, because putting us in position for a "Great Escape" is not my idea of "keeping us there."

Humbled

Keeper, Left Back, Riether, (at least 1)Centre Back, Enoh, Ball Playing Centre Mid, wide left, 2 strikers required!

bye bye - schwarzer, senderos, berba or ruiz (as neither will bench warm)

Logicalman

Quote from: Classic94 on May 12, 2013, 11:49:45 PM

Are you serious?

As I said above, would you rather us keep changing our manager because he is not successful every season? Or doesn't get us into Europe each season?

I remind you of one thing: The last two managers we have had that have achieved some measure of success (by all accounts) have both left us, all the rest have been fired. So, does that mean we are a club that successful managers either by-pass or use until something better comes along, or a club that sacks managers that do not bring instant success and overcomes any hurdles thrown in their path? Or both, perhaps?

Perhaps you would provide us all with a manager that would actually be successful AND stay with us more than a season or two?

PaulJ123

Staying up is no longer our ambition...or at least it shouldnt be.

We're an established premiership side! Finishing 17th shouldn't be the aim and if we do, Jol should be sacked.

Villa last year sacked McLeish when they finished down there and there was no sign of improvement. This year they could well finish there again, but it is clear to see Lambert has a plan and there are signs it could be working.

Now, which category do you think Jol fits into?

When he came in, he promised this Total Football philosophy, but at the moment we must be playing some of the worst stuff in the league.
Berbatov just slows us down and should be sold this summer. Ruiz I believe will be a very good player if there is pace around him. Buy a quick striker to stretch the play and allow him to operate in the hole.

Sell: Schwarzer, Riise, Senderos, Hughes, Baird, Karagounis, Duff (just signed a contract so we won't), Petric, Berbatov

Keep hold of Enoh, Riether and if possible Urby. Then rebuild the team. Get this Total Football going if Jol isnt gone.

MikeCdawg

we have now conceded more goals than QPR  fp.gif....aaron hughes was awful today..he's so slow in his actions and reactions. good player in his day but he's now dead-weight

Humbled

Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on May 13, 2013, 02:12:13 AM
we have now conceded more goals than QPR  fp.gif....aaron hughes was awful today..he's so slow in his actions and reactions. good player in his day but he's now dead-weight

I think the Centre back position has been weak whomever has played there this season!!! Poor

gezkc

I'm very disappointed with the way the season's gone - I had high hopes that we'd see some attractive, attacking football under Jol (even after losing Dempsey and Dembele). Unfortunately, that's rarely been the case this year.

Having said that, I don't think sacking managers is the answer to a club's problems. Continuity is key to success. I'm sure (or at least hope) MJ has learnt a lot from this season, both about the players at his disposal and what works and doesn't work for us. If he can bring in some decent players this summer to plug the glaring gaps, I fully expect next season to be a much more positive one.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Berserker on May 12, 2013, 09:51:20 PM
I suspect that Jol will use lack of funds as an excuse for a poor season so that he doesn't look a bad manager for the Everton job. Whether he's right i do not know.

Nah won't be that easy  !!! IMO,  Kenwright will go for what he knows,  Malky Mackay.
I do not like Jol,  but that is a personal thing and I would not advocate sacking him. He knew what he was getting when he signed,  it is for him to decide, particularly if Fulham have exercised the third year option. He however need to row the boat 
or get out of the water.        

epsomraver

Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on May 13, 2013, 02:12:13 AM
we have now conceded more goals than QPR  fp.gif....aaron hughes was awful today..he's so slow in his actions and reactions. good player in his day but he's now dead-weight

Rubbish, don't know what game you watched