watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is mo a billionaire?

Started by DevonFFC, May 12, 2013, 11:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

I just don't understand this short term loan we took out if he is.. He sold Harrods for over 1.2 billions??

Berserker

I don't think Mo is super rich, no where near as wealthy as Abramovich and the like
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Rupert

Quote from: ollienixs on May 12, 2013, 11:00:03 PM
I just don't understand this short term loan we took out if he is.. He sold Harrods for over 1.2 billions??

He has family members who may well want to inherit a few of those millions. Simply because he has more money than you and I could ever dream of (well, maybe dream of but never own legally) it does not follow that he should or will pour all of it into the gaping mouth of Fulham FC, much as we would all like him to. At the moment he has managed to give us some £250 million+, which has;
Secured the long-term future of Craven Cottage as a football ground, rather than a council estate,
Has bought the services of a large number of professional footballers, some of whom have performed above expectations, others who have not,
Has turned us into a relatively long serving Premiership team, to the extent that some of our fans now act as if staying in this division is some sort of birthright and failure to qualify for the Champion's League is some sort of disaster,
Has given us days to dream of in our dotages and take happily to the grave to soothe our troubled souls as we await whatever happens next.

All he has asked, in return, is for the club to try to run on a sustainable level, ie not need constant infusions of fresh money just to stand still. Oh, and for us to accept a not terribly good statue of a friend of his, which many of our lot have done with very bad grace.
Yes, I can't understand why he doesn't just walk onto the pitch at half time, open his wallet and cry out, "Help yourselves, boys!"
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

cebu

Quote from: ollienixs on May 12, 2013, 11:00:03 PM

Harrods was allegedly mortgaged up to the eyeballs - I don't know much/little he actually netted in the end. He also has other business interests which have certainly weighed down financially - he closed the Ritz in Paris to have it completely renovated, which means big expenses but no income on that 2 year project.

MAF's a wealthy man, but he may well be a bit cash strapped.