watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 'what did you do when the final whistle went' thread

Started by flirpit, April 30, 2010, 12:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flirpit

I personally ran out of the german bar i was in waving my shirt round my head and just screaming with disbelief. YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS
@garthurabbott

Jimpav

I hugged all the guys I was with and then the guy who sits near us who has a ST.

Stood abiut for ages cheering the players off the pitch and then walked out the ground whipping up some chants of "Roy Roy Roy", felt like a street party outside the cottage.

Amazing atmosphere

Pata

Quote from: Jimpav on April 30, 2010, 12:43:58 PM
I hugged all the guys I was with and then the guy who sits near us who has a ST.

Stood abiut for ages cheering the players off the pitch and then walked out the ground whipping up some chants of "Roy Roy Roy", felt like a street party outside the cottage.

Amazing atmosphere

I was just immensely pleased for everyone around me, at the same time hoping no one would jump into my recently-broken leg.

Just out of interest, was last night's atmosphere better than the Juventus game?
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

The Equalizer

Stood on my seat facing back to the crowd with my arms raised like Pantsil. Stood there for a good 5 minute watching the joy from behind me.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Jimpav

Quote from: Pata on April 30, 2010, 12:52:23 PM
Just out of interest, was last night's atmosphere better than the Juventus game?

It was a bit slow in patches but I think that was because of nerves and also because of the nil-nil score line.

When we played Juve their early goal fired us up and then the red card cranked up the atmosphere and kept it going.

The last twenty minutes were better but I think that was because we were on course for the final. It was deafening at times and a lot of free love!

Pata

Quote from: Jimpav on April 30, 2010, 12:58:33 PM
Quote from: Pata on April 30, 2010, 12:52:23 PM

It was a bit slow in patches but I think that was because of nerves and also because of the nil-nil score line.

When we played Juve their early goal fired us up and then the red card cranked up the atmosphere and kept it going.

The last twenty minutes were better but I think that was because we were on course for the final. It was deafening at times and a lot of free love!

I thought it was also pretty good in the run up to and at the start of the game - proper sense of occasion. I thought after they scored it was tense but I had the feeling, if Fulham pull level, they'll go on to win and that was the sense in the crowd after the equaliser went in.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

SuffolkWhite

Man hugged everyone around me. spoke to an old boy who was 70+ behind me about the game and he told me he had watched Fulham for years,  he was emotional.
Shook the old Germans hand who was in front of me with a knowing grin, as I told him at half time we are more of a second half team. Left the ground met up with VicHalomslovechild and wondered through the park in disbelief.

Actually feel more emotional today now it is sinking in, bizarre!!  
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

RidgeRider

Rolled over on my couch and went back to sleep as I have a nasty flu.  :037:

Sector9

You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.
You'd be like Heaven to touch.
I wanna hold you so much.
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive.
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.

I love you, FULHAM
And if it's quite alright,
I need you, FUUULHAM
To warm a lonely night.

ImperialWhite

Waved my scarf about like a mentalist! Then I found a spot as close to the pitch as possible to get a good view of Pantsil do his laps of honour.

epsomraver

Stared in disbelief that we are in a European Cupfinal, hugged the missus, tucked the lucky boxers back down and cheered like mad waving scarf at the players, loved Pantsil and the double lap of honour with the leap into Mark Schwarzer's arms, Schwarz looked like Madonna on her way home for a moment

chez

Stood on my chair in utter disbelief and tried to soak up everything around me, as well as hugging every single person around me, after the second goal i even ran to my partner in H6 to celebrate and hugged and kissed a female steward on my way!  :005:

Dugliss

, loved Pantsil and the double lap of honour with the leap into Mark Schwarzer's arms, Schwarz looked like Madonna on her way home for a moment
[/quote]

Nearly fell off my chair at that one  :005:

LRCN