more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (14/05/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 14, 2013, 04:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Full Squads Announced

The full team lists for our All Stars game are now in!
Find out who'll be taking part in our charity fixture at Craven Cottage on Saturday (2pm), as we raise money for Shooting Star CHASE and the Fulham Football Club Foundation below.

Fulham All Stars

Featuring for the Fulham All Stars side will be:

Fulham Football Club Vice Chairman Karim Fayed and former Whites players Chris Coleman, Kit Symons, Sean Davis, Rufus Brevett, Dave Beasant, Mark Pembridge, Barry Hayles, Paul Peschisolido, Andy Melville, Andrejs Stolcers, Brian Greenaway, Gordon Davies, Neil Smith, Robbie Herrera, Adam Green, Jim Hicks and Fulham fan Felix White from the band The Maccabees.

Tony Gale, Les Strong, Simon Morgan will manage the Fulham All Stars, while former Whites skipper and boss Chris Coleman will take the captain's armband for the side.

Sealand All Stars

An international mix of sporting experience, ex-professional footballers, glamour and youth will star for the Sealand All Stars team. Included in the team are:

Members of the Sealand squad, as well as Great Britain Rugby League legend Brian Carney, actor Chucky Venn from EastEnders, Celebrity Editor of The Sun newspaper, Gordon Smart, 2012 X Factor finalist Kye Sones, London 2012 Team GB Handball captain Bobby White and ex-pros Derek Stillie, John Scales and Luke Rodgers.

Olympic high-jumper Dalton Grant, Olympic rower Mark Hunter, Matt Di Angelo from EastEnders, Hustle and Strictly Come Dancing; and Hugo Taylor from Made in Chelsea and I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here; will also make up the team.

Former England defender Scales will captain the All Stars side, with Smart vice-captain.
As previously advertised, Oritsé and JB from JLS will not be available to play in the match. Whites fan Oritsé will still be attending, however, and will be pitchside between 12.15pm and 1.30pm to welcome the two teams onto the pitch before taking three penalty kicks against Fulham All Star keeper Dave Beasant for Shooting Star CHASE.

To see Oritsé you must have a ticket and be in the ground by 1.30pm. Before leaving, Oritsé and a member from Shooting Star CHASE will conduct the coin toss with the captains of the Fulham All Stars and Sealand All Stars teams.

The RBL Farnborough Branch Corps of Drums will also be on hand to provide some pre-match and half-time entertainment!

More information about the day and those taking part can be found here.

Tickets are on sale and are available to buy now, for just £10 adults and £5 concessions. Join us for what will be a great day out for all the family!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/may/13/sealand-full-teams?

WhiteJC

Fulham 2012/13: Please Let It Be Over
by LRCN on MAY 13, 2013

What a terrible season it has been. Not in terms of catastrophes – we have pretty much remained at arms length from relegation all season – but it's been so incredibly mediocre that it has quite genuinely sucked the fun out of supporting Fulham. We haven't turned over any of the big boys sans Tottenham away, our goal of the season competition will be decidedly average compared to last season, displays have been apathetic and performances frustrating; I think our 'highlights of the season' come down to Norwich on the first day, the first half vs QPR and Spurs in spring. Our star players Berbatov and Ruiz have hinted at what they can provide while too often reminding us why they are not playing for Champions League clubs, and the supporting cast has provided the team with as much balance as a drunk on a tightrope. Hangeland and Riether aside (and maybe Karagounis) there is little affection for the players from the supporters, and the short-term dealings which were partly forced and partly planned will not allow us to build an affinity either. And when we finally looked as if we'd get some end-of-season momentum and we could push for a top ten finish, an achievement which we could quite rightly be proud of, our star man of those few games, Dejagah, was unceremoniously wiped out by the captain of our rivals and that was that. I won't say much about the cups because, well, there isn't much to say anyway.

It has been a lacklustre season in every sense. It could have ended five weeks ago and I wouldn't be bothered. It's not a pleasant state of mind. Come the end of Sunday this weekend, here's hoping that we can finally draw a line under this, look forward to the Summer and make next season one to remember.

LRCN

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2013/05/fulham-201213-please-let-it-be-over/?

WhiteJC

The Sky Is Not Falling For Fulham

I have noticed a panic setting in on social media with some Fulham supporters. However, now is the time to stay calm and be patient as Fulham have several decisions to make this summer. The sky is not falling for Fulham.

The end of the season has been horrendous for Fulham Football Club, as they have lost five matches in a row, which also includes four at Craven Cottage. Fulham should be safe from relegation for another season, but the fear that the club could get relegated next season has already begun on social media. I feel these fears are extremely premature as Fulham have many decisions to make that could actually improve the team moving forward.

First, there are several factors that have brought us to this disappointing season for Fulham that can be fixed this summer. I only have to go back to the end of the summer transfer window to see one of the causes of Fulham's bad season, and that would be losing your two best players at the end of the window. When Fulham sold Moussa Dembele and Clint Dempsey at the end of the window, they did not have enough time to properly replace these players.

January was not time to replace your two best players, and hopefully this summer, Fulham will find a replacement for the 23 goals lost from the departure of Dempsey, and also bring in a creative central midfielder to fill the void of Dembele. I am not expecting Fulham to find the same level of player, but it is not out the realm to think Fulham manager Martin Jol cannot find young quality players that someday can fill those roles.

The end of the season issues can also be attributed to the injury loss of Ashkan Dejagah. This midfield player was really starting to build something special on the right side with right back Sascha Riether. I don't think it is a coincidence that Fulham's scoring opportunities have gone down since the loss of Dejagah.

Another loss has to be Steve Sidwell with his two red cards late in the season. Say what you want about Sidwell, but when he has played, he has been incredibly effective in central midfield. He does the dirty work in the middle of the pitch, and he has been missed.

Fulham will have Dejagah and Sidwell back next season so moving forward those are two pluses to look at. Again, hopefully the manager will be able to add pieces to the puzzle this summer to fix the holes that were left at the end of last summer.

Second, Jol has an opportunity to re-shape Fulham because there are several players that are out of contract, and several other that are on loan. There will be tough decisions for Jol to decide who stays and ultimately who goes, but he should have the chance to finally build the club he wants.

Third, as stated earlier, Jol should have the opportunity to add players to the squad this summer. Only time will tell, how much money Jol will have to spend, but there is a need for players, and that has to be filled one way or another. You know new faces are coming to Fulham this summer. How about waiting to see who these new players are before worrying about next season?

Fourth, Fulham's Academy looks like it is building future talent that could be used for the first team in the next few seasons. I am not suggesting that Fulham need to go to a youth movement like Aston Villa did this season. I am saying that there could be some players that could possibly be ready to add some depth to the overall roster.

Kerim Frei and Alex Kacaniklic have broken through to play with the club, but they are not depended on yet to be full time starters. They have been eased into the process, and they continue to improve. It is not a crazy thought to think that players like Jack Grimmer, Cauley Woodrow, Mesca, and Chris David, could get a chance soon to play with Fulham.

No one at this point knows what the long term effects of Financial Fair Play will have on the Barclay's Premier League, but building up the Academy is a way to not just depend on finding players through the Transfer Window. If you can supplement your team with both, that happy medium could be a huge help in the future of Fulham.

The fears of being relegated I feel are lessened because of the Academy, and those players could play a role with Fulham. Even if Fulham were to go down one season, the Academy players could really help in the process of getting Fulham right back up.

In concluding, I am not fearful of what the summer could bring Fulham, because I feel it is an opportunity to change over an older squad, while possibly upgrading at several key positions. I think what people are fearing is change and it can be scary, but it also can be rewarding.

I have stated this before that future is in the hands of the management of Fulham, the manager, and the players. This summer we should get a very good indication if Fulham are building for the future. Regardless, I think I have presented several reasons why the sky is not falling for Fulham Football Club.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2013/5/13/4326440/the-sky-is-not-falling-for-fulham?

WhiteJC

Fulham Deaf Do The Double

Fulham Deaf FC continued their remarkable success to claim a domestic cup double on Saturday with a 5-0 win over Birmingham City.

The Whites became the 2013 British Deaf champions last week after lifting the British Deaf Cup and have now added the English Deaf Plate to their trophy collection for this season.

Head Coach Chris McGinn made eight changes to the side from last week – including a start for Fulham's Vice-Chairman Karim Fayed – and played a 3-5-2 formation to counter the threats in Birmingham's midfield.

"It gave us options out wide, as they played with three at the back so we were able to get in behind them," said McGinn. "We were 3-0 up at half-time and 5-0 by the end of the game.

"Karim played the first half and had a nice little interchange with some teammates before getting in a shot, which helped for one of the goals, but then he pulled a muscle and had to come off at the break."

The game was pretty much over by the break anyway as Fulham had raced into a 3-0 lead. Sam Arnold opened the scoring with a wonderful 30 yard effort before James Paull beat four Birmingham players from the halfway line and drilled a low shot into the bottom corner. Al Fayed's shot was then deflected into the path of Alex Bovino who netted the third with ease and it was a similar story in the second half as two more goals made the trophy safe.

Paull bagged his second of the game after a neat exchange with Bovino saw him slot coolly past the goalkeeper; then Phil Swift latched onto a pass from Ben Lampert to ensure the final score was 5-0 – a repeat of the scoreline from last weekend's cup winning result against St John's Arsenal - and McGinn could not have been prouder of his double winners.

"We entered three competitions at the beginning of the season and we've won two of them," he added. "To win the prestigious one, the British Deaf Cup, last week and to win the English Deaf Plate the following week is a phenomenal achievement. It just goes to show how strong our squad depth is that we could make so many changes and still win so convincingly; it's an incredible achievement from all of our players and staff."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/may/13/fulham-deaf-do-double?

WhiteJC

Etheridge wants more experience in Fulham extension

LONDON -- Philippine Azkals goalkeeper Neil Etheridge, who last week signed a one-year contract extension at English Premier League (EPL) side Fulham FC, is looking to gain more experience while on loan next season.

This will be music to the ears of Filipino football fans who welcomed the news he had signed a new deal with suggestions the British-Pinoy is wasting his time on the bench.

The 23-year old, who joined Fulham 7 years ago, has featured only once for the club's first team, which came in December 2011 against Danish side Odense BK in the Europa League.

Etheridge has yet to make his EPL debut for the west London side, but stepped up as Fulham's number two shot-stopper for the second half of the 2012-2013 campaign.

In a telephone interview, Etheridge spoke to ABS-CBN Europe about the contract, going on loan, and the reason he is remaining patient at Fulham.

"It's club that I've been at since a young age and that has helped me progress over the years. Even though we've had different managers it's always nice to have been offered a new contract by every manager so far, which is nice.

"Martin Jol has had words with me which are always pleasant to hear. I know I need the experience and he carries on about me needing the experience.

"The gaffer has been saying in his press conferences that Neil Etheridge needs to go on loan, which I agree with. We've spoken about it before, so I know that's in their plan, but you know, football can change very quickly, so I'm prepared for everything."

Earlier this season, Etheridge enjoyed a 12-game run between the sticks during a 2-month loan spell at League Two outfit Bristol Rovers where he also made his professional league debut.

His destination for next season remains uncertain, but Etheridge did reveal he would like to test himself in English football's second tier division; the Championship.

"I think Fulham are trying to put in place something with a little bit more stability, maybe six months going into Christmas. It may be even a year. It all depends on what club comes in.

"I'd like to go to a Championship club to play football but at the same time I believe if I go to League One I can do exactly the same. For me it's just about getting that experience, playing every week.

"When you go down to the Championship, League One, League Two, there are a lot more games than in the Premier League so you do find yourself playing twice a week, or three games within an 8-day period, which is what I need.

"I need to play every week, have great games, have bad games, make mistakes, learn from it and analyze my performance. Bristol Rovers was a great experience, but if I want to become a successful, top-end goalkeeper I need to assess myself over a longer period of time. Of course I'll make mistakes, but it's about how I deal with that. How I bounce back will be a big factor.

"I've heard there are some clubs that want to take me out on loan already but in football you never really know until you sign on the dotted line."

Etheridge is aware Azkal supporters are concerned about his development, but the 6-foot-3 athlete remains confident in sticking with Fulham.

"I know that from the outside in, sometimes it's always easier to say do this, do that, but I need to do what's best for my career. Of course it would be great to get game-time but if it's not right, it's not right."

Pressed on whether he's wasting time, he replied: "Not at all because I'm very fortunate to have someone to look up to like [Fulham's first choice goalkeeper] Mark Schwarzer, who is a great role model on and off the field.

"The back end of this season I've been on the bench but I've learnt a lot from Schwarzer, who is one of the great goalkeepers in Premier League history. He has 15 years experience and what I've learnt from him I can't knock."

Schwarzer, who is Australia's most capped player with 105, is currently ranked 9th in the all-time EPL appearances table. However, it wasn't all smooth sailing.

Early in his career, Schwarzer barely played during a stint in Germany, before he rose to prominence in England with Bradford and Middlesbrough. This gives Etheridge reason to remain positive.

"He was in a similar situation to me, which is really great for me because I can relate to him. He was third choice goalkeeper and he wanted to play like we all do.

"Around two weeks ago he made his 500th Premier League appearance, which is an amazing achievement, but he didn't start playing Premier League football until he was 25 years old. I'm only 23 and I've got two years to go.

"If I look at his career path I don't think he rushed it. He didn't get ahead of himself and I'd like to do the same. The thing with goalkeepers is their careers tend to be longer. Schwarzer is 40, so there's no need for me to rush.

"I'd like to play week-in week-out but I need to ask myself, am I ready? Do I need to have that little bit more experience? Take that little bit more time to establish myself at that level?

"There aren't many people who get chucked in the deep end and are able to handle it. The majority of the keepers that are playing in the Premier League, they have some prior experience. That's why I need to go out next season and gain that experience. Then in two years time, I'll be knocking on the gaffer's door, saying I think I'm ready for the number one spot here at Fulham."

Etheridge will join the Philippine national team for three friendlies this June in preparation for the 2014 AFC Challenge Cup in the Maldives.

An away fixture against Hong Kong has been set for June 4, however the Azkals' opponents for June 8 and 12 have yet to be confirmed.

Etheridge returns to London for pre-season training with Fulham early July with the aim of impressing manager Martin Jol and catching the eye of would-be suitors for a loan deal.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/05/13/13/etheridge-wants-more-experience-fulham-extension?

WhiteJC

U18s Take On Sunderland

Having claimed a third straight academy league title last week, Fulham Under-18s face Sunderland in the National Play-Off Semi-Final at Motspur Park on Wednesday evening (7pm).

After beating Everton 2-0, the Whites topped the Elite Group on goal difference and now face the Wearsiders after they defeated Aston Villa 4-2 on penalties in the Group 1 and 2 Play-Off - following a 1-1 draw after normal time - on Sunday. The winner will advance to the National Final, due to be played next weekend.

Hopes are high for the young Whites, as many of them enjoyed summer success at the Dr Pepper Dallas Cup in America having won the National Final last year. However, Under-18s manager Steve Wigley is keeping his feet on the ground.

"Every game for the last few weeks has been a big game as we had to keep winning to qualify, so we've not been preparing any different for this one," he said. "This was always the end game, to get into the Play-Offs and to extend the season as long as we could. I certainly wouldn't have liked to have come to this stage of the season with nothing to play for, so that is testament to the boys.

"We're minus two at the moment: George Williams and Dean O'Halloran, who is slightly long-term at the minute, but other than that we have everyone available.  Tiredness isn't a factor as we played five games in eight days in Dallas, so once you've done that it cures you of any thoughts of tiredness."

Fulham's Under-18s have not played against Sunderland this season, but the Under-21s saw both of their league games against the northerners finish 2-2 after late equalisers went against them.

"I'm expecting a tough game," Wigley added. "If you look how the Play-Offs have finished then I'm expecting tough opposition in every game. At this stage it's 'winner takes all' and the lads have to experience that because it's like that in First Team – you go out there on a Saturday and everything is at stake. When you've worked as hard as they have all year, you don't want to fall short."

Academy Director Huw Jennings echoed those sentiments and is confident that if Fulham concentrate on their own game then they will find success.

"As always we will take one game at a time," he added "Sunderland are a good side, otherwise they wouldn't have made it this far. It's a repeat of the National Play-Off Semi-Final from a few years back, when we beat them on penalties.

"They may well have a few players available that have been playing for their Under-21s too, including the Frenchman Mikael Mandron who has even been on the bench for the first team this season.

"But we just need to concentrate on ourselves, I'm sure that our counterparts at Sunderland will be looking at two or three of our boys with interest. All we can do is make sure that we focus on our game and ensure that we play to the best of our potential.

"Recently we've noticed that a few teams that we have faced have had a certain game plan against us. That's been a good challenge for our boys because we've had to work very hard and react to different styles of football.

"It's been very positive, and let's not forget that we enter Wednesday's game on the back of two consecutive clean sheets, which has been a first for us this season. If we keep a clean sheet, we know that at the other end, we will always cause teams problems.

"We're playing at Motspur Park so hopefully our fans will come down in their numbers again and cheer the boys on in what we hope is a good result for the Academy and Club."

The National Semi-Finals contain the top three clubs from the Elite Group and the winner of the Play-Off between the top clubs from Group 1 and 2: Sunderland.  The second and third-placed teams from the Elite Group, Reading and Everton, will go head-to-head in the second Semi-Final. If Fulham advance to the Final, then it will be played at Craven Cottage.

If you wish to attend Wednesday's game against Sunderland at Motspur Park you can come along for free and tickets will be issued on the gate.

You can also follow the Club's official Twitter account @fulhamfc for live coverage and post-match reaction.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/may/14/u18s-take-on-sunderland?

WhiteJC

Baird sweats over Fulham future

CHRIS Baird is still playing the waiting game over his Fulham future.

The Northern Irish international has made 22 appearances for the Whites this season, but hasn't featured since the victory over Stoke back in February, and is out of contract in the summer.

Baird, who was a January target for Reading and West Brom, has failed to even make the bench in the past couple of months, despite a shortage of options in the middle of the park.

Boss Martin Jol has revealed contract negotiations are underway with several of the club's stars, but Baird's representatives are yet to hold discussions with the club's hierarchy about extending his six-year stay in SW6.

The utility man has featured 165 times for Fulham since his move from Southampton in 2007, scoring four goals.

Read more: Fulham Chronicle http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2013/05/14/82029-33328191/?#ixzz2THCCYhzY

WhiteJC

June Friendlies Cancelled

The Club would like to inform supporters that the international friendly matches scheduled to be played at Craven Cottage in June between India, Pakistan and Bangladesh have been cancelled.

Full refunds for tickets already purchased will be given.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/may/14/june-friendlies-cancelled

WhiteJC

Spurs and Fulham on standby as Matej Vydra looks to leave if Watford fail to win promotion

Hot shot: Matej Vydra wants to play in the top flight, having shone this term

Matej Vydra would be reluctant to return to Watford if they are beaten in the Championship Play-off Final as he is desperate to test himself in the Premier League.

The Czech forward is on loan at Watford from Udinese, whose owners, the Pozzo family, are also in control at Vicarage Road.

His 22 goals this season in the Championship, including two in the semi-final victory over Leicester, have brought him to the attention of top-flight clubs.

Queens Park Rangers are thought to have made a strong move for Vydra in January, while there have also been enquiries from Tottenham, Fulham and Aston Villa. Vydra's displays in his first season in England were enough to earn him the Championship Player of the Season award.

While Vydra, 21, would be happy to spend another season at Watford if they beat Crystal Palace at Wembley on May 27, his future would be far from certain if Gianfranco Zola's team were to fall at the final hurdle.

There is plenty of interest in Vydra, whose contract at Udinese expires in the summer of 2016, but whoever signs him will have to pay rather more than the £5million suggested in some quarters.

The Pozzo family will make the final decision on where Vydra will play his football next season but Standard Sport understands he is unlikely to make the breakthrough at Udinese, at least not in the  2013-14 campaign.

The northern Italian club currently rate Colombian forward Luis Muriel ahead of Vydra, especially after the 22-year-old's performances in Serie A this season. He has scored 10 times in the League, justifying the Pozzos' decision to give him a new five-year contract last September.

While there is interest in Muriel from Atletico Madrid, it is unlikely they would sell unless the Spanish club agree to pay about £25.5m — a heavy transfer fee for a player who is still finding his way in a major European league.

Even though Vydra is behind  Muriel in the race for a first-team place in Udine, his parent club would be certain to demand a substantial sum for a player they signed from Czech club Banik Ostrava as an 18-year-old in 2010.

Vydra has since won seven full caps for the Czech Republic, scoring two goals.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/spurs-and-fulham-on-standby-as-matej-vydra-looks-to-leave-if-watford-fail-to-win-promotion-8615066.html

WhiteJC

Baggies on Baird alert

West Brom's hopes of signing Fulham's Chris Baird have been boosted by the news he has not yet held new contract talks.

Baggies boss Steve Clarke is reportedly on the lookout to bring another right-back into the Hawthorns this summer and has already been linked with a swoop for Malaga's £5million-rated Jesus Gamez. However a cheaper alternative could be available from Premier League rivals Fulham with Northern Ireland international, Baird, approaching the end of his contract at Craven Cottage. Clarke was linked with a swoop for Baird in January but he appeared to be a big part of Cottagers boss Martin Jol's plans at the time given that he made 22 appearances up to their victory against Stoke in February. However the former Southampton man, who can also operate in central defence and midfield, has been left out in the cold since then, while he has even been overlooked for the match-day squad in some games despite Jol struggling for numbers due to injuries. Jol recently revealed that he has started talks with several first-team squad members who are approaching the end of their respective contracts at Craven Cottage. But Baird's representatives claim they have not been contacted for talks and it seems that the player's six-year stint in London could be coming to an end. And that could pave the way for him to join Albion on a Bosman free transfer on July 1.

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/west-bromwich-albion/baggies-on-baird-alert-1590085.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham keen on out-of-favour Aston Villa striker Darren Bent as manager Martin Jol seeks wholesale changes at Craven Cottage

Fulham want to end Darren Bent's Aston Villa nightmare (Picture: PA)

Fulham are favourites to end Darren Bent's Aston Villa misery after Cottagers boss Martin Jol admitted he needs more firepower next season.

The Cottagers are ending the Premier League season in the doldrums after suffering a fifth straight defeat when they were beaten by Liverpool at the weekend, and Dutchman Jol has revealed he could freshen up his squad with up to half-a-dozen new arrivals.

Bent has suffered a number of injuries this season but has fallen way down Villa manager Paul Lambert's pecking order and is certain to leave the midlands club after this weekend's match at Wigan.

Cardiff and Norwich are also interested in the England international and Leicester could make a bid as they seek to strengthen for another promotion push in the Championship next term.

Jol lamented his lack of attacking options this season, particularly after the sale of Clint Dempsey to Tottenham last August, and said: 'We need four, five or six players but that's normal at any club. We need to strengthen.

'Our home form was always good last year. Last year we could score out of nothing – we had Clint Dempsey to score winners. With Dimitar Berbatov we gained somebody who could score goals but we lost things in other areas.'

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/14/fulham-keen-on-out-of-favour-aston-villa-striker-darren-bent-as-manager-martin-jol-seeks-wholesale-changes-at-craven-cottage-3758413/?

WhiteJC

Fulham agree deal to sign Boateng this summer

The Ghana midfielder was the west London club's guest for their recent home match against Reading, when he completed the formalities of a move to Craven Cottage

Fulham have agreed a deal to sign midfielder Derek Boateng in the summer, Goal.com understands.

The Ghana international is set to move to Craven Cottage on a free transfer soon after the transfer window opens to bring an end to the west London club's long pursuit of the player.

Goal.com has learned that Boateng and his representatives were guests of Fulham during their home match against Reading earlier this month, when the formalities of a move were completed.

Fulham had been on the brink of signing the 29-year-old both in January and last summer but the deal fell through on both occasions.

Boateng is believed to have even had a medical at the club's Motspur Park headquarters in January before the Cottagers enlisted lawyers to investigate the legitimacy of his contract with Ukrainian club Dnipro.

Boateng's camp claimed that his deal with Dnipro, who he joined in the summer of 2011, had been annulled but Fulham were unwilling to award him a contract until they received proof that his claim was watertight.

The midfield anchorman has been trainingwith Greek club Olympiacos in recent months while taking his legal battle with Dnipro to Fifa.

Fulham are satisfied that the Ghana international is a free agent and that he is now available for a move to Craven Cottage.

Boateng is set to be confirmed as a Fulham player soon after the Premier League transfer window opens next Monday, when the club are also expected to announce the signing of centre-back Fernando Amorebieta.

Venezulea international Amorebieta has signed a pre-contract with the Londoners and will move to Craven Cottage when his Athletic Bilbao agreement expires at the end of the season.

As revealed by Goal.com last month, Fulham are also confident of wrapping up the signing of Roma goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg for £5 million when their Premier League status for next season is secured.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/05/14/3978079/-?