watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stadium Re-developement

Started by Galeforce, May 14, 2013, 02:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galeforce

Just seen, on the club we site, that all June friendly matches have been cancelled.
I guess that means the bulldozers are about roll.
It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.

Joe McDonald

Or a lack of ticket sales...

Admin

fulhaman

I have a feeling work will start soon, probs the start of June to get the fans thinking of something else apart from this terrible season

chiefo

Can't see anything happening with re-development this season, we would have heard by now.

fulhaman

Can't see anything happening with re-development this season, we would have heard by now.

Fulham don't let fans know any think to the last moment. Every year this has happened for a damn long time.

ffc1967

The reason the friendlies were cancelled was more to do with financial matters, nothing to do with the stadium re-development

Roberty

The stadium redevelopment is not going to stop the club using the Riverside Stand because the site access will be from the river. I would imagine the first job will be to construct the walk-way that is going to over-sail the river, which will also give them more space to work with. 

In March there was an announcement that Buckingham Group were the favorites to be awarded the contract. 

This week we have heard from the sailing clubs who are complaining about the funding promised by the club being withdrawn. I would imagine that the negotiations were going nowhere and the sailing clubs over played their hand in the hope that their delaying the project would force the club to offer more money. This seems to have backfired because the local Council Planners have instucted the club to withdraw their financial offer because in the planners opinion sailing will still be possible when the stand has been built. 

This last point means that all the obstacles have been removed and I would be surprised if we did not get an announcement in the next few weeks to say it will go-ahead.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Riversider

If only our communications Director (Sarah Brooke's) could pull her finger out of her arse and do what she he is paid an awful lot of money to do , and that's Communicate !
When was the last time she released any info regards The Riverside Stand ?
If she showed as much interest in Fulham as she does in Tennis we would have the information we could ever need ,
For example most Premier clubs have released details about their pre season tours , what do we know about ours ? Far call , that's what.

mangoputney

Quote from: Riversider on May 14, 2013, 06:42:05 PM
If only our communications Director (Sarah Brooke's) could pull her finger out of her arse and do what she he is paid an awful lot of money to do , and that's Communicate !
If she showed as much interest in Fulham as she does in Tennis we would have the information we could ever need ,
For example most Premier clubs have released details about their pre season tours , what do we know about ours ? Far call , that's what.

+1 made me laugh
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Buffalo76

Quote from: mangoputney on May 14, 2013, 06:46:00 PM

+1 made me laugh

077.gif

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Buffalo76 on May 14, 2013, 07:19:35 PM
Quote from: mangoputney on May 14, 2013, 06:46:00 PM

+1 made me laugh

077.gif

:clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense