more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MERGED THREADS - Player of the Season

Started by HatterDon, May 17, 2013, 06:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

Quote from: ..Kya.ffc.. on May 17, 2013, 01:11:18 PM
Let's do an official FOF player of the year vote and when that is done we could buy a "medal" with ingraving "FOF 2013 player of the year" and sent it to him.  :yay:

A phenomenal idea! MODS: GET ON IT!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Equalizer

Quote from: sonvejita on May 17, 2013, 01:18:22 PM
For me it's more than clear;
Berbatov is voted Supporters Player of the year (as said it's just two clicks away and for many overall, so called fans the choice is easy).
On the other hand Riether is voted by the Players as Player of the year, so both got the recognition they deserve

I don't recall Berbatov even being 'Player of the Match', so I don't see why he should receive any recognition for anything other being lazy.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

sonvejita

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 17, 2013, 01:21:09 PM
Quote from: sonvejita on May 17, 2013, 01:18:22 PM
For me it's more than clear;
Berbatov is voted Supporters Player of the year (as said it's just two clicks away and for many overall, so called fans the choice is easy).
On the other hand Riether is voted by the Players as Player of the year, so both got the recognition they deserve

I don't recall Berbatov even being 'Player of the Match', so I don't see why he should receive any recognition for anything other being lazy.

Player of the Match, just after new year - West Bromwich (if I'm not mistaken)

MOR :

Overseas voters or a stitch up by Fulham...the majority of Supporters I spoke to where I sit said Sascha Riether by a long way...

Count Berbatov

Well, what's wrong with Berba winning it? Forgive me, but how many goals and points did Reither bring? Or how many goals or penalties did he save? Or assists? He was good, yes. But come on.
If Reither wasn't on the team, Fulham were going to finish where they are. But without Berba or Schwarzer for example, probably struggling for relegation at this time
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Forever Fulham

If you are going to blame "overseas voters", then look east, not west.  We like Karagounis on this side of the pond, but not so much as to earn second place in the voting.  

Forever Fulham

"What nourishes me, destroys me."  Count, Berbatov, for all his undeniable skill and flair, is a mixed blessing on this team.  Yes, he did score the most goals.  And it's hard to disprove a negative--that is, how Fulham would have done without him.  Would the speed of play increase in the attacking half?  Would there be better comeraderie/esprit de corps?  Would we have been applying more defensive pressure once possession was lost?  My biggest gripe about the guy is that it doesn't seem as if he is in the best physical shape.  He's cruising on his tremendous skills but the game isn't played in a deck chair.  You have to run, run, run, quickly recuperate, run some more. 

cmg

Any process that comes up with a result with which I disagree, must be a stitch-up.

Obvious, innit?

Ordar

I dont think Berbatov winning was what everyone is annoyed about. How did Karagounis come second?! Everyone I know voted for Reither, but I could understand Berbatov or even Schwarzer being close

Burt

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 17, 2013, 01:19:34 PM
Quote from: ..Kya.ffc.. on May 17, 2013, 01:11:18 PM
Let's do an official FOF player of the year vote and when that is done we could buy a "medal" with ingraving "FOF 2013 player of the year" and sent it to him.  :yay:

A phenomenal idea! MODS: GET ON IT!

I think there was a poll a few weeks back...as I remember making a comment about also running a Scapegoat of the Year award.

I'll do a trawl.

ffcbulgaria

to answer COunt Berbatov... its obvious what people are saying... if he was voted player of the year by the Fulham fans then allright but when 5000 bulgarians who read daily the sportal.bg website clicked twice and he won.

To help you figure it out there are some fan groups on facebook and the stats from their voting are as i posted above: Riether 102 votes, Berbatov 6 votes.

You do the math :P

Count Berbatov

ffcbulgaria, I am sure Fulham fans are by far many and more than the Greek and Bulgarian fans who spent sleepless nights voting for their countrymen
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

SKSW6

Quote from: Count Berbatov on May 18, 2013, 07:56:19 AM
ffcbulgaria, I am sure Fulham fans are by far many and more than the Greek and Bulgarian fans who spent sleepless nights voting for their countrymen

How do you explain FoF, TIFF and CC all having threads on their surprise that Riether didn't win, and then page after page of comment saying everyone voted for him? Similar sort of thing at the ground when people asked the people around them (and I'll add my name to that as well as everyone I talked to was the same).

Berserker

Wasn't a bit of a question mark over the Seat car competition the other year?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

cmg

A light hearted popularity poll is conducted with a prize of no intrinsic value.
It is won by our highest profile player who is also by some way our leading goalscorer.
Some people think it should have gone to someone else (presumably the person they voted for.)

Is this not something we should be capable of coming to terms with and be getting on with other, possibly more important, things in our lives?

Or do I get a re-run of the last General Election on account of the fact that I voted Labour and nobody in my pub likes David Cameron?

HatterDon

and, once again, I don't think that any of us is shocked and stunned that Berba won the award. What is most confusing is that Karagounis finished above Riether, who seemed the biggest lock in years.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel