watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Press Conference

Started by Zu-Meister, May 17, 2013, 01:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

It's like he's playing 'I've got a secret; and I'm not telling.'  Seems kind of immature to me.  He dangles out a tidbit but then doesn't follow through with more information.  And he refers to his wife as "the missus".  This is 2013. 

ron

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on May 17, 2013, 02:46:19 PM
Yo know how when you hover the mouse over a topic it reveals the first couple of lines. In my head I read:

Jol: "I'm very happy at Fulham. My daughter's happy, the missus is happy..."
Team news: The team's not happy at all

Worse than that...The team's not even a team !

Danitar

Quote from: EJL on May 17, 2013, 11:14:00 PM
Is anyone else excited? For me, it's the way he said "we will get very good players in and we will have a very good team next year".
I'm quite excited by that comment but it sounds too good to be true

alfie

Quote from: Forever Fulham on May 17, 2013, 11:39:51 PM
It's like he's playing 'I've got a secret; and I'm not telling.'  Seems kind of immature to me.  He dangles out a tidbit but then doesn't follow through with more information.  And he refers to his wife as "the missus".  This is 2013. 

Seems kind of immature for you to say this, he obviously cannot say fully what is going to happen, negotiations probably not complete, and i refer to my wife as "the missus" and so do quite a lot of other people i know, it is not said in an offensive way.

I get the impression you just wish to make him look as bad as possible.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

cmg

Quote from: alfie on May 18, 2013, 12:53:09 PM

Seems kind of immature for you to say this, he obviously cannot say fully what is going to happen, negotiations probably not complete, and i refer to my wife as "the missus" and so do quite a lot of other people i know, it is not said in an offensive way.

No, no, no, Alfie. You just don't understand. Every piece of evidence, however ludicrous, must be used to show that Jol is an incompetent moron and working to destroy Fulham from within. Did you see the way he had laced his right shoe on Saturday? Disgraceful.

Any decent manager would email every supporter with the name of every player he is trying to sign with additional information such as "I am desperate to get this player. I know he is only woth £2 million but we are willing to go up to £3.5 million to get him." That way not only are all other clubs made aware of our intentions, but we ensure that they extract the maximun amount of money out of us.

"The missus". Terrible. The man is obviously a wife-beater and serial adulterer.

RaySmith

Quote from: cmg on May 18, 2013, 01:09:51 PM

No, no, no, Alfie. You just don't understand. Every piece of evidence, however ludicrous, must be used to show that Jol is an incompetent moron and working to destroy Fulham from within. Did you see the way he had laced his right shoe on Saturday? Disgraceful.

Any decent manager would email every supporter with the name of every player he is trying to sign with additional information such as "I am desperate to get this player. I know he is only woth £2 million but we are willing to go up to £3.5 million to get him." That way not only are all other clubs made aware of our intentions, but we ensure that they extract the maximun amount of money out of us.

"The missus". Terrible. The man is obviously a wife-beater and serial adulterer.

0001.jpeg

alfie

Quote from: cmg on May 18, 2013, 01:09:51 PM

My word CMG i am so sorry, compltely my fault for not realising this, i am now going to go and sit in a dark room and reflect on my error.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Forever Fulham

OK, I deserved some of that.  He can call her his "honey bunny" for all I care, as long as he proves he can do more than find players on the cheap--before it's too late.

mangoputney

Not a fan of his tactics but aware of his hands being tied for a multitude of reasons

I am feeling a bit more positive that Jol is fully aware of crowd murmurings and actually believe he will turn up a few gems

Christ, i need to lie down
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Lighthouse

Didn't Jol say all this last season. He was talking about bringing in the age of the squad down and after a good season he wanted to bring in a few players blah blah blah. His hands were then well and truly tied and we sold players and brought in old men and has beens. People will talk of Berbatov but Jols tactics with hiM in the side has confused as much as delighted.

So we will see what the club decides. But Jol is doing nothing more than whistling Dixie (Coney) and hoping. As we all are.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Aaron

I think I'm going to flip-flop again.. Let's see what this guy can do in the window.

I am not convinced, but something about his tone there.. Maybe if he gets what he wants in the close season we'll do alright next year..  Unless we lose tomorrow, then JOL OUT!

ron

...surely in these enlightened times the approved way to refer to the lady in one's life is " 'Er indoors "...?

...anyway, I think he should be crucified in Bishop's Park and be done with it. Alternatively, give him £20m, and send him off to get someone twice as good as Ruiz to solve all our problems, backed up with more cash to strengthen other positions, or leave things just as they are.

So that's all the bases covered. I'm off to watch cricket, and try to get my blood pressure down to 140/70* for August.

* I know, I know. 120/70 is out of the question with an FFC season.

mangoputney

Quote from: Aaron on May 18, 2013, 06:13:52 PM
I think I'm going to flip-flop again.. Let's see what this guy can do in the window.

I am not convinced, but something about his tone there.. Maybe if he gets what he wants in the close season we'll do alright next year..  Unless we lose tomorrow, then JOL OUT!

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation