watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do we not play attacking football??

Started by DevonFFC, January 29, 2010, 11:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

After reading Streller snubbed us? and after watching at spurs mid week when we had a break we barely go the ball over half way line

Jimpav

I think Spurs and Blackburn were one off matches under Woy's reign.

We do play defensive away but soon become very attack minded when we are a goal or two down - Stoke being the most recent example.

We were very impotent against Spurs but remember that BZ has been out for a few matches and we were without Dempsey (our most attacking player) as well as the magnificent JP putting crosses into the box.

At home we are a lot more exciting to watch and go for the jugular from the off.

It's Strellers loss not ours.

os5889

Quote from: Jimpav on January 29, 2010, 12:01:04 PM
I think Spurs and Blackburn were one off matches under Woy's reign.

We do play defensive away but soon become very attack minded when we are a goal or two down - Stoke being the most recent example.

We were very impotent against Spurs but remember that BZ has been out for a few matches and we were without Dempsey (our most attacking player) as well as the magnificent JP putting crosses into the box.

At home we are a lot more exciting to watch and go for the jugular from the off.

It's Strellers loss not ours.

Tee hee I get your point, but "one off" in two successive games....

Oh dear I need coffee

DevonFFC

I actually would not use BZ injury as excuse, as he played great against Spurs and was a handful, yet there was no1 with 20 yards of him, which meant the ball became dead and the move was broken down.

I think injuries are a big problem i know that but i think the centre of midfield is the heart of any teams attack but i feel we lack that threat.

Finally, why does it takes us a goal or 2 to get going???

Jimpav

Yep the "one off" two matches was an oxy moron on a grand scale!

I think that we need to go a goal or two down before we unleash our attacking potential is a case of us having nothing to lose so we just go all out in the hope of salvaging something (either a draw, goal difference or premiership survival!).

I appreciate what you are saying about centre mid-field but remember that Murphy is a bit off the boil. When he is having a good day he can make such a difference. Perhaps Ethuhu will bring out the best in him.

RidgeRider

The reason I think our attack has been ineffective is because we are badly missing John Pantsil and Paul Konchesky. They could penetrate and make deep runs which gave us more options.

Dugliss

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 29, 2010, 01:20:05 PM
The reason I think our attack has been ineffective is because we are badly missing John Pantsil and Paul Konchesky. They could penetrate and make deep runs which gave us more options.

Exactly what I`ve been thinking