more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team News & Match Thread Vs. Swansea

Started by alexbishop, May 19, 2013, 03:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverside

Quote from: CanadianCottager on May 19, 2013, 05:53:26 PM
Why on earth did we ever drop Kacaniklic from the starting lineup?

Because he was losing confidence .
A couple of poor performances .
An ineffective CM.
And Berba harassing him with every mistake.
A couple of months away probably did him some good .

FFC1987

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 19, 2013, 08:40:36 PM
Will fans stop moaning about fans who moan. You just bring us all down. Enjoy the win but stop moaning about other fans. It does nothing but divide us when we all can enjoy the win, some of us without thinking it was a wonderful World beating performance.

The irony.

SP

They mentioned on SKY that Swansea won only one of their final ten games, I don't know how many they've drawn.  If a few of their stars get itchy feet, it could halt their progress, I think Williams will move on soon.

Berserker

Bit like us then. The Swansea guy i was sat next to leaned over and shock my hand at the end of the match, which i thought was good
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Classic94

Great win and a breath of fresh air after all the negativity. However, this result shouldn't overshadow the need for major reinforcements in the summer.

The Bronsons

NIce to get a win, but let's be honest, we we're awful.

Peabody says, "from the sound of it, our defence played well". That may be true, from the sound of it, but watching it, our defence was a shambles. The back four were never moving as a unit and regularly passed the ball to Swansea players. At one point in the second half they had had 11 shots on target to our 2 - and we were 1-0 up at the time. If they'd actually fired at any part of the goal instead of Mark's chest they could easily have been cruising by half time.

The bright spot was Kaka, who looked very good.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Berserker on May 19, 2013, 10:46:40 PM
Bit like us then. The Swansea guy i was sat next to leaned over and shock my hand at the end of the match, which i thought was good
I wouldn't have been too pleased if he 'shock' my hand!  064.gif

Enter the Frei

Quote from: Riverside on May 19, 2013, 10:00:21 PM
Quote from: CanadianCottager on May 19, 2013, 05:53:26 PM
Why on earth did we ever drop Kacaniklic from the starting lineup?

Because he was losing confidence .
A couple of poor performances .
An ineffective CM.
And Berba harassing him with every mistake.
A couple of months away probably did him some good .

I actually get the felling Berbs really likes Kaca, I donno but he seems to have more time for his mistakes than he does for some others like Karagounis.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: The Bronsons on May 20, 2013, 12:33:35 AM
NIce to get a win, but let's be honest, we we're awful.

Peabody says, "from the sound of it, our defence played well". That may be true, from the sound of it, but watching it, our defence was a shambles. The back four were never moving as a unit and regularly passed the ball to Swansea players. At one point in the second half they had had 11 shots on target to our 2 - and we were 1-0 up at the time. If they'd actually fired at any part of the goal instead of Mark's chest they could easily have been cruising by half time.

The bright spot was Kaka, who looked very good.

they turned us over 2-1 at our place in very similar fashion and this board was full os people moaning that day about how poor we were in front of goal and how much more effective they were in possession. Now we do the same to them and we get people moaning about our performance. We've just beaten a solid mid table prem team 3-0 away from home with some really nice goals as well. Lets just leave it as a nice victory to end the season and not try to put a downer on it please.

Lighthouse

This was a match thread and was there for fans to give opinions about the match. The only downer for a depressed fan like me who was happy with the result was the moaning by those who wanted to ignore the performance and moan about other fans.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Enter the Frei

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 20, 2013, 05:32:18 PM
This was a match thread and was there for fans to give opinions about the match. The only downer for a depressed fan like me who was happy with the result was the moaning by those who wanted to ignore the performance and moan about other fans.

which is exactly what you're doing right now as well. I agree though in earnest that we should all just be proud of a good away win on the weekend not using it as another stick to attempt to batter the team with. There's enough of those from the rest of the season.

Enter the Frei

so on a brighter note Bryan looked lovely as well on the weekend, some of his work in the build up to the first and second goals was delightful.

Peabody

So, those of us who want to celebrate a good away win by imploring those who don't want to celebrate, to join us in our celebrations, are missing something, like the performance. Yichang is of course nonsense. Obviously the performance is important, though not as important as the result and maybe, just maybe we don't agree with the total negativity.