Main Menu

If Schwarzer leaves...

Started by Sheepskin Junior, May 19, 2013, 06:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheepskin Junior

Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

Brown@FFC

Schwarzer will leave. He can't be guaranteed starting every game. Stockdale will go to Hull. They love him there. Steklenburg will be No1 with Etheridge No2.

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: Brown@FFC on May 19, 2013, 06:23:02 PM
Schwarzer will leave. He can't be guaranteed starting every game. Stockdale will go to Hull. They love him there. Steklenburg will be No1 with Etheridge No2.
That is if Roma can find a replacement for him. That's the only reason he didn't join in January
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

JackyFulham90

I also think Schwarzer will go but what a game he had today he has another season in him but I think now is the right time to move him on

MasterHaynes

Swap anyone, Schwarzer for Stekenlenberg?

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on May 19, 2013, 06:26:03 PM
That is if Roma can find a replacement for him. That's the only reason he didn't join in January

I reckon the main issue with that deal in January was how late it happened.  If Stek still wants to go and Roma are still happy for him to go, then they have an entire summer to replace him.  They'll easily be able to do that.

Jack Fulham

Depends if we sign Stekenlenburg. I imagine Stockdale will push for a move this summer and rightly so.

ffc73

Schwarzer kept us in it today at 1-0 but at the end of the game it looked to me that it was a final farewell from him and I expect him to be off this summer

Riversider

I bought Mark's Poppy shirt, that he wore at Arsenal , in the charity auction, I'm going to frame it and display it with pride as he is a great player and a true professional, we've had some top keeper's since I started watching in 1970 , but he is right up there with the very best, to play the amount of games that he has for Australia is outstanding,
A true Fulham legend. 049:gif

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Quote from: God The Mechanic on May 19, 2013, 06:31:26 PM
Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on May 19, 2013, 06:26:03 PM

I reckon the main issue with that deal in January was how late it happened.  If Stek still wants to go and Roma are still happy for him to go, then they have an entire summer to replace him.  They'll easily be able to do that.

Roma has already a replacement lined up, Rafael from Santos. So it is the other way around, they are trying to sell in order to get Rafael.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Max Headroom

I got marks shirt today...... If I can prise it off my neice I will wear it next season!

JHunter_Fulham4Life

I've got no problem with Steklenburg, but Etheridge? Not so much. Maarten needs a better backup than that. We should loan Etheridge out to a Championship/League One side and poach a 'keeper from one of the clubs going down. McCarthy from Reading would be my choice, although I could live with Green or Al-Habsi.