watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov waves goodbye?

Started by alexbishop, May 19, 2013, 08:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Why will he leave? He is the main man for us, always plays & plays for a manager he loves he will stay

Riverside

Still I am torn about whether Berba stays of leaves.
Our most talented player .
But is he good for the team ?
Is he good for the youngsters ?

Rhys Lightning 63

Berba stays, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if he signs an extension some point next year too. As pointed out earlier, he is getting first team football here (whether or not he merits it is a different matter), living in London (I'm sure the wife and kids love that), in the best league in the world.

What else could a 32 y/o guy ask for?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

KP_FFC

i think hes gone
hopefully we replace him with someone equally good and with a bit of pace

PokerMatt

Quote from: KP_FFC on May 19, 2013, 10:14:25 PM
i think hes gone

Can't be many players in the world with those attributes surely?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

God The Mechanic

Quote from: PokerMatt on May 19, 2013, 10:49:30 PM
i think hes gone

Yeah, and why would they join Fulham?

hongkongfulham

Either way, was amazing to see him play for us. I think people are disregarding his genius to easily, as the better the players are around him, the better he is.

My gut says he is staying.

General

Can't they both mean the same thing? There's a significant amount of time in between the two seasons for it to be a proper goodbye... Could he not just be waving by also for thanking fans for their support away from home and for voting him player of the year?

fulham traveller

i would put money that berba will not be here next season any offers?

nevzter

I returned the wave from California - and I acknowledge and thank his contribution this season, as his goals helped to keep Fulham up.  Can't see him staying, though, as the money will be too tempting.  And dare I say, the whole of the squad may be better off on his departure.  Still, thanks DB.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Quote from: Patrick on May 19, 2013, 08:23:59 PM
None of the big clubs in the PL will touch him....so it is either a side-ways move eg West Ham/Newcastle etc or abroad....personally I think he will stay....big fish in a small pond situation...
And I have to say that pass he got from Ruiz to score his 15th was encouraging. Until otherwise notified, Ruiz is our playmaker, and he needs more than Berba to pass to next season. Kaca looks encouraging, but we need more -- a lot more.

JBH

If he goes then so be it just as long as it is early in the window and not when its to late to replace him (personally I hope he remains at the Cottage)

Holders

He's under contract for another year so it's up to us if we wish to sell him and one factor governs that.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

fulhamfever

Berbatov says he is settled in the UK

T.G.

Berbatov did so much for Fulham and for the fans.. We should be grateful! I hope he stays, 15+ goals next season maybe? : )

grandad

I want him to stay. He adds class where there is not much. His work rate is better than appears. He scores goals. He is good for our profile.He will be even better with better midfield service.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamfever

Berbatov is sponsored by Adidas so doubt it he will leave

Burt

He may go.

Or he may stay.

Who knows???

Don't let me stop all the conjecture through!

Hopefully he sticks around. He is still one of the most naturally gifted players I have seen play for us, and his goals have come in handy this season.

cmg

Good Lord, what a palaver over a player making a friendly gesture to appreciative fans as he leaves the field.
If he was seen with his suitcases waving goodbye from a departing train at Putney Bridge Station there might be something in it.
If we got a good offer which satisfied both parties, no doubt he would be off. As it is he is contracted for a further year.

Quote from: PokerMatt on May 19, 2013, 10:49:30 PM
i think hes gone

Fewer still that you could get for £4.5 million.

In fact for that kind of dough you could probably get, at current season ticket rates, around eight and a half thousand new fans.

Roberty

As it was all over for Swansea by then I am sure that, as often happens, Jol was giving the fans a chance to applaud him before the end of the match.

We also get to be live on Bulgarian TV every week - presumably we make a few hundred for that too
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy