watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov waves goodbye?

Started by alexbishop, May 19, 2013, 08:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbishop

Was Berba's wave to the fans when he was subbed off a wave goodbye or a 'see you next season'

I believe the former and think he will go this summer. What do we reckon?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

zschwartz

got to think that he's gone.

but i'd welcome him back despite the incessant whinging and whining. when dejagah and riether were in good health they all seemed to combine well. Add to that a more developed Kaciniklic counter-attack/left wing play and a new center mid and things could look very pretty. hopefully despite all the evidence to the contrary he's enjoying himself.

Big Martin Jol

He seems to have the basis of a good understanding with Kacaniklic and I'm hoping that and a morale-boosting away win will convince him to see out his contract.

He claims that he's enjoying his football and Jol seems to think he'll stay so I would think that if he'll stick around for another year. If he does end up going then I'll miss his artistry but I don't think he's completely irreplaceable in terms of goals.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Patrick

None of the big clubs in the PL will touch him....so it is either a side-ways move eg West Ham/Newcastle etc or abroad....personally I think he will stay....big fish in a small pond situation...

MJG

For me its Ruiz or Berbatov...not both. I think it was a goodbye.

PaulJ123

Jol thought Dembele would stay..

I also think he'll live and that it could benefit us next season. Buy Bony for whatever price they want, let him take the CBs out the game and let Ruiz work his magic feeding balls to him, Kaca and Dejagah

YankeeJim

There is always the danger of Berba taking a final payday in Russia. I've heard Zenit wants him. Other than that, maybe he'll replace Jol in a couple of years.  079.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

YankeeJim

We could always pursue Jozy Altidore. He is near 30 goals for AZ Alkmaar. It would serve to wind up Hatter &provide some on here with a replacement for that Spurs fellow. Nothing like a little yank bashing to take everyone's mind off of Jol.

Danitar

He's staying, lets face it if we didn't have his goals we would likely be relegated. He'll be here next season I know some of you can't see talent when it hits you in the face but we need him to stay.

YankeeJim

Quote from: zschwartz on May 19, 2013, 08:20:09 PM
got to think that he's gone.

but i'd welcome him back despite the incessant whinging and whining. when dejagah and riether were in good health they all seemed to combine well. Add to that a more developed Kaciniklic counter-attack/left wing play and a new center mid and things could look very pretty. hopefully despite all the evidence to the contrary he's enjoying himself.

Time for a new avatar?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I would not read much into the waving, he tends to do it at home games when they go back in from warming up before a game.
He had to pass our fans who were singing his name, what else was the guy supposed to do ????
Berb has seen the other man's grass so I doubt he will go this year.

If he kept his shirt and did not  throw it to the fans, then maybe !!!!

Big Martin Jol

Quote from: PaulJ123 on May 19, 2013, 08:28:44 PM
Jol thought Dembele would stay..

Dembele was/is a player in the prime of his career who had better options elsewhere. If Berbatov wants to keep playing regular football at 33 he'll either have to stay at Fulham or move to a weaker league.

The latter holds a financial incentive but on a human level I find it difficult to imagine him jeopardising his relationship with Jol and moving his young family to a very different culture for the sake of a big pay off.

After six years at Spurs and United he's far from in need of money, he just wants to play regular football in a good league whilst he still can.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Lighthouse

With support from runners as he had today and a better midfield and passing. Both Ruiz and Berbatov would be great to keep. They do need help though.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Count Berbatov

You need him to stay, as quick and energetic, but predictable players are easier to come by. But someone like him, who thinks outside th the box are rarity
With two quick players on the wings, in Dejagah and Kaca, and a proper midfielder behind them, there's some exciting times ahead of you.
Hope he stays

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Admin

There is always the risk of a player like Berbatov leaving Fulham for a bigger club, or for more money else where. Realistically, he got off that plane for Martin Jol, not nice little Fulham down by the river. At the end of the day, I always felt that Berbatov was a last minute personal favour to Martin Jol and only for just one season. Obviously a 2 year deal was signed so we'd get money back on him but I'm 70/30 for him leaving.

JackyFulham90

Berbatov will go nowhere I am very confident he will be here next season, after last summer Jol will want to keep his key players

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Admin on May 19, 2013, 09:19:10 PM
There is always the risk of a player like Berbatov leaving Fulham for a bigger club, or for more money else where. Realistically, he got off that plane for Martin Jol, not nice little Fulham down by the river. At the end of the day, I always felt that Berbatov was a last minute personal favour to Martin Jol and only for just one season. Obviously a 2 year deal was signed so we'd get money back on him but I'm 70/30 for him leaving.

This sounds surprisingly believable. I hope he stays, so long as we sort out our midfield nightmare this summer.

zschwartz

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on May 19, 2013, 08:44:32 PM
After six years at Spurs and United he's far from in need of money, he just wants to play regular football in a good league whilst he still can.
Very much hope this is the case, ...seems reasonable.

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 19, 2013, 08:42:30 PM
Time for a new avatar?

haha, there's always next season.

Riverside

Quote from: alexbishop on May 19, 2013, 08:13:45 PM
Was Berba's wave to the fans when he was subbed off a wave goodbye or a 'see you next season'

I believe the former and think he will go this summer. What do we reckon?

Don't read too much into it.
How many times have you seen him subbed this season !

H3Matt

If Berbatov leaves this summer I'll eat my hat. He's enjoying his football and I'd like to think he likes being at Fulham. He'll honor his contract, be here for the two years then leave on a free next summer. He just wants to play. I hate how Man Utd used him for the Champions League then left him out of the squad for the final. That was a major low blow.