watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spurs 0 v 1 Fulham

Started by St Eve, May 19, 2013, 08:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Stopped them getting in the champions league which means they lose Bale and Dempsey misses out as well and just about kept us up. What a massive result when we had already written the game off

LordNelson

Good god, get over it. Next thing you know there will be a dead rabbit boiling on the stove.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

JackyFulham90

Really enjoyed that win, yes because if Dempsey & Dembele going there but more because we played really well on the day

God The Mechanic

Quote from: LordNelson on May 19, 2013, 09:11:32 PM
Good god, get over it. Next thing you know there will be a dead rabbit boiling on the stove.

Plus. One.

It's kinda embarrassing spending THIS much time hating on a team/players from a team that are really in a different league.

F(f)CUK

I have a Spurs mate who believes Fulham cost Spurs the Champions' League.

I think he only said it to cheer me up.

DiegoFulham

@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

mitimo

Wasn't just Fulham that cost Spurs, They failed to close out against Everton, couldn't beat a tired Chelsea ...

Burt

This all happened over the course of a season, and ultimately you could point to any one of a number of games where they dropped points as costing them the CL slot.

domprague

Newcastle 1 Fulham 0 - That effectively kept the Geordies up
Sunderland's four points against Fulham - ditto
That miss from Petric against Arsenal - put the Gooners in the Champions League
Let's face it, we're England's most influential team.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Forever Fulham

Adebayor and Lennon arguably let down Spurs this year, not the two Dems who earned their spots.  It will be interesting to see whether Bale stays or goes.  I hope he doesn't get snatched up by Man U or Man City both of which look in trouble to me next season, barring an infusion of major talent.  Take away Ferguson and Man U is not the same team.  The refs will be calling their games more fairly.  I'm not convinced that Moyes has what it takes to produce a winner, even with deep pockets.  Man City still has the two Argentines and a good back line and goal keeper, but something is missing.  Any way, why gloat in a much better team not making CL on the last day of the season, when we didn't know until a week ago whether Fulham was assured of even staying the Prem league?  There's more parity this year in the lower half.  Fulham should be very nervous about next year.  If one were to speculate is the team better or worse off than a year ago, the answer is universal.  Worse. 

Italiancottager

Quote from: domprague on May 20, 2013, 10:47:19 AM
Newcastle 1 Fulham 0 - That effectively kept the Geordies up
Sunderland's four points against Fulham - ditto
That miss from Petric against Arsenal - put the Gooners in the Champions League
Let's face it, we're England's most influential team.

We should be pride of this.. ahah
It doesn't matter what country you come from, a few trips to the cottage and it will end up in your heart and blood

cebu

Quote from: F(f)CUK on May 19, 2013, 10:26:21 PM

... because you keep on reminding him about it!!!    :005:  :wine:

Patrick

ron

I quite agree that we shouldn't be raking over the ashes of a disappointing season.......

...but...

I thought that Spurs game was our best performance. It's only a mystery how the speed of our passing and our movement off the ball was so quickly forgotten, and hardly ever surfaced again.

That's it. The deckchair season has hopefully started, and I shall be watching cricket somewhere until August.

domprague

I presume you are familiar with the term 'Fulhamish'?

Quote from: ron on May 20, 2013, 11:42:17 PM
I quite agree that we shouldn't be raking over the ashes of a disappointing season.......

...but...

I thought that Spurs game was our best performance. It's only a mystery how the speed of our passing and our movement off the ball was so quickly forgotten, and hardly ever surfaced again.

That's it. The deckchair season has hopefully started, and I shall be watching cricket somewhere until August.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

F(f)CUK

Quote from: cebu on May 20, 2013, 07:17:40 PM
Quote from: F(f)CUK on May 19, 2013, 10:26:21 PM

... because you keep on reminding him about it!!!    :005:  :wine:
I might have mentioned it once or twice (or possibly more), but not until he brought up the subject.

ron

Quote from: domprague on May 21, 2013, 11:10:17 AM
I presume you are familiar with the term 'Fulhamish'?

Quote from: ron on May 20, 2013, 11:42:17 PM

...but...

Oh yes, in fact I wrote a poem about it !