watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best football game this season

Started by Keefy, May 20, 2013, 10:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keefy

For those that missed the under 18's play-off yesterday, you missed a treat. The performance was one of the best team efforts that I've seen this year...anywhere. Moussa's goals were spectacular and the service from mid-field and the flanks was an object lesson for many teams. Not all one way traffic which meant that we saw some superb goal-keeping as well by our young keeper Marek Rodak. Would have been worth paying good money for such rich entertainment, but in the event it was free.

The future's bright   

jarv

Sounds good. Thanks for mentioning it.

MOR :

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Just the kind of performances the under 18's have been putting in for most of the season. Watching the u19's in the Dallas Cup was an absolute joy. We have a very talented bunch of players, that play free flowing and imaginative football, lead by a backroom staff of high quality experience in developing good young footballers and men.

cheerupjimmyhill

Went to the game and was the first time i have seen these boys.

What a very positive afternoon it was. I thought the footballing maturity they displayed for their age was very good. The main difference between the teams in my opinion was we were a different class technically very comfortable receiving the ball and passing quickly in triangles in tight situations to set up forward moves.

Can't say that any of them looked anything other than well above average for they age group and they seem to work to a team ethic. I would have to say obviously Moussa was excellent especially liked that after trying to take it round the keeper earlier and missing he learnt very quickly and took the next similar chance perfectly. His two other goals were just superb. (is he really only 16?)
I feel bad picking out single players but as well as him, Tankovic (so much time on the ball), and the whole back line was excellent.

Don't think it was Roberts best game but could tell he has so much quality and liked the fact he was frustrated with himself on occasions. Lastly i thought the keeper made some good saves but likes a punch a bit too much and could be a bit more dominant.

Overall quality game from both sides, with Reading having a couple of good passers but we had much more flair and dare i say a more continental style of play whilst they were more 'english' in style.

Even my increasingly cynical old man can't stop raving about them especially the left back (sorry, forgotten his name).

MasterHaynes

f bloke

From my reckoning there are at least 7/8 players from this years squad who are still eligible for next year including most of the midfield.  Does anyone know the u 15s and u 16s well enough to know whether it will be possible to maintain the quality of the last two years. anyone to watch out for?