more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next years break out player

Started by valdeingruo, May 20, 2013, 12:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

has to be Alexander Kacaniklic.

Seemed to have great understanding with Berbatov at Norwich, Swansea.

Dont understand why he went on loan really, however seemed to do him a load of good.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Boggers

I've been perhaps overly critical of Kaca this season. At times he's looked lightweight, hasn't tracked back, decision making was poor and his final ball wasn't good enough. Since coming back from Burnley he's looked like a different player, and if he continues to develop the way he has next season we have a real talent on our hands. I think he needed to be loaned out and it looks like it's done him the world of good.

Next year it has to be Kaca starting wide left and Dejagah out wide right, and that excites me.
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

Burt

Kaca has always had the potential, but this pans out over time, and people need to get that and be patient. I have nearly come to blows on a couple of occasions now with a couple of blokes who sit behind me in the Hammy End who persisently slate him. As well as not being able to recognise emerging talent, I also questioned why they bother turning up if all they did was moan for 90 minutes.

Lighthouse

I think he is this years break out player. Agree he sometimes isn't sure when to play the pass. Yesterday there was a situation that a simple early pass would have put a player clean through.However with him in the team he does support the forward and does create space. He did against West Brom and today.

We are not that far from being a good side which is why the way we played for much of this season was so annoying. But Dejagah and Ruiz (lovely back heal to create space for the first goal) and Berbatov and Kaka are all very talented players. Jol just has to find a way to play them all to the teams best advantage.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

H3Matt

The idea of Kacaniklic and Dejagah on the wings makes me giddy. We ideally need a better LB for next season, to work with Alex.

valdeingruo

Quote from: H3Matt on May 20, 2013, 12:47:12 PM
The idea of Kacaniklic and Dejagah on the wings makes me giddy. We ideally need a better LB for next season, to work with Alex.

reither dejagah  xplayer kacaniklic with berba up top, now to sort out the middle.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

MJG

I really want Frei to get a chance next year. He's only going to improve by playing and he is still the most exciting player we have who actually can weave in and out of players.
Ok he only seems to want to go inside and I blame Jol a lot for that. He's had chances to play him on the right but not taken them.
Anyone who does not want this kid to succeed really has an issue.

ToodlesMcToot

So what do folks believe will happen with Frei? Will he be sold to some Turkish team? Loaned out? Or spend next season rotating situationally with Duff and KR as backup to Dejagah and Kaca.

By the way, I agree that Kaca should break out next season. But, I don't really think we got to see the best of Dejagah either.

We could easily convert from a very narrow, straight up the gut team from this season to a team that's actually able to vary our attack inside and out next season......provided we stay healthy and can find that CM that we've so desperately needed since Dembele was sold.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

TonyGilroy

Quote from: MJG on May 20, 2013, 01:02:57 PM
I really want Frei to get a chance next year. He's only going to improve by playing and he is still the most exciting player we have who actually can weave in and out of players.
Ok he only seems to want to go inside and I blame Jol a lot for that. He's had chances to play him on the right but not taken them.

We all want him to succeed.

Jol has recognised his talent by fast tracking him but he needs to kick on and that means not being predictable. He has the talent but does he have the application to add to his game? Injury hasn't helped but unless he develops a more rounded game he won't succeed at this level. He is of course still very young.

MJG

[/quote]
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 20, 2013, 01:07:01 PM
So what do folks believe will happen with Frei? Will he be sold to some Turkish team? Loaned out? Or spend next season rotating situationally with Duff and KR as backup to Dejagah and Kaca.

By the way, I agree that Kaca should break out next season. But, I don't really think we got to see the best of Dejagah either.

We could easily convert from a very narrow, straight up the gut team from this season to a team that's actually able to vary our attack inside and out next season......provided we stay healthy and can find that CM that we've so desperately needed since Dembele was sold.
I think Jol has his wide men for next year, Duff, Dejagah, Kaca,Frei and Richardson.
You could argue that maybe one or two of them should not be on that list but that's what Jol has put together. I dont think a winger should be bought in the summer as we have more important positions needed.

2 first XI CM's are an absolute must.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJG on May 20, 2013, 01:17:47 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on May 20, 2013, 01:10:48 PM
Quote from: MJG on May 20, 2013, 01:02:57 PM

We all want him to succeed.

Jol has recognised his talent by fast tracking him but he needs to kick on and that means not being predictable. He has the talent but does he have the application to add to his game? Injury hasn't helped but unless he develops a more rounded game he won't succeed at this level. He is of course still very young.
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 20, 2013, 01:07:01 PM

I think Jol has his wide men for next year, Duff, Dejagah, Kaca,Frei and Richardson.
You could argue that maybe one or two of them should not be on that list but that's what Jol has put together. I dont think a winger should be bought in the summer as we have more important positions needed.

2 first XI CM's are an absolute must.

I think Frei should be sent out on loan to a Championship side where he can continue to develop his wide game and get playing time. We should have enough to cover our wide play with Duff and Richardson and he can be recalled if something were to go wrong. Frei is certainly not ready to be first choice wide player off the bench and we all saw what good it can do not having our young players just sitting around waiting for rare playing opportunities.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Barrie

Kaca looks best when he's got space to run in to, but when we are home trying to break down a defensive team, I'm not so sure about him.  But worth persevering worth.

cmg

Quote from: Burt on May 20, 2013, 12:37:38 PM
Kaca has always had the potential, but this pans out over time, and people need to get that and be patient. I have nearly come to blows on a couple of occasions now with a couple of blokes who sit behind me in the Hammy End who persisently slate him. As well as not being able to recognise emerging talent, I also questioned why they bother turning up if all they did was moan for 90 minutes.

Ho, ho. You're going to have to continue to keep a hold on those pugilistic instincts, Burt. I'm afraid there is no conspicuous shortage of people who wouldn't recognize talent if it came up to them accompanied by a brass band, singing the Costa Rican national anthem and bit them straight in the Berbatovs.

Kaca is a little jewel, who just might become a socking great diamond. He hit the bar after a rare bit of skill, yesterday, and had an alll round excellent game.

The younger Frei is a little bit behind in the pecking order.

His slump in form is surely no mystery. It is almost to be expected from a young pro in his second season. Opponents suss out those facets of his game that were a suprise when first coming into the game and he struggles until his game develops a bit of variety. Alex is now into 'stage 2' of his development. He has speed and skill, he needs now to work on strength and judgement.

Riverside

I think Kaca broke out this season. Just now needs to improve and be more consistent.

Would love to see a CM break out . David , Smith ?

JackyFulham90

I have always rated Kacaniklic he has had a good season & will be a key player next year

God The Mechanic

Quote from: cmg on May 20, 2013, 01:34:30 PM
Kaca is a little jewel, who just might become a socking great diamond. He hit the bar after a rare bit of skill, yesterday, and had an alll round excellent game.

Didn't he do something similar earlier in the season (or maybe at the end of last)?  Maybe against Norwich or someone like that.

fulhaman

Either one of these two Kacaniklic and Dejagah

cmg

Quote from: God The Mechanic on May 20, 2013, 02:33:24 PM
Quote from: cmg on May 20, 2013, 01:34:30 PM

Didn't he do something similar earlier in the season (or maybe at the end of last)?  Maybe against Norwich or someone like that.

Yes. Spot on. Norwich - his debut.