News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our two loan boys - What to do with them?

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, May 20, 2013, 12:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

As I'm sure most of you are aware, yesterday, Yeovil Town clinched promotion to The Championship with a 2-1 win over Brentford at Wembley.

The game featured two of Fulham's youngsters, Marcello Trotta (Brentford) and Dan Burn (Yeovil), with the latter scoring what proved to be the winning goal in a 2-1 victory.

Both men have had fine seasons with their respective clubs and even achieved something of a hero status amongst the fans.

Invalid Tweet ID

My question now is, what do we do with these boys next season? Do we keep them, or do we send them into The Championship to see how they get on there before we bring them into the big time?

Personally, I would send both of them to The Championship for one year, maybe even just six months. The jump from The Championship to Premier League is manageable, but from League 1 straight to the top flight, is a whole different story.

Discuss
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

alfie

I personally think that both of them have an awful lot of work to do before/if they get a first team squad call.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MJG

I would include both with the first team squad in pre season and give them a chance leading upto the start of the season and have a look at it then.
Burn just turned 21 and Trotta will be 21 in September. Its about this time they should be getting a chance having done their time out on loan.
If come 31st August its not looking like they are going to get in at least the 20 man type then i would send both on a short term loan until Xmas, but not a whole season.

DevonFFC

What about this dembele chap, he scored a hatrick yesterday. Anyone know how old he is?? And the other chap that we picked up from twente I think cannot remember his name though?

EJL

Quote from: ollienixs on May 20, 2013, 01:07:54 PM
What about this dembele chap, he scored a hatrick yesterday. Anyone know how old he is?? And the other chap that we picked up from twente I think cannot remember his name though?
Chris David

MJG

Dembele is 17 in July so we might see him in about 6 years

Airfix

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on May 20, 2013, 12:49:54 PM
My question now is, what do we do with these boys next season? Do we keep them, or do we send them into The Championship to see how they get on there before we bring them into the big time?

I agree, let's loan them to a Championship club.  We could see if Yeovil would like to keep Burn for the beginning of the next season, at least.  As for Trotta, we should look to get him in a Championship side... how about Yeovil?   064.gif

DiegoFulham

I was at the game... Trotta seemed poor in my views, saw him breaking into a tear after the match on the bench. in contrast Dan Burn was great, scored a good goal which silenced the Brentford supporters. Yeovil deserved it they outplayed Brentford, they were unable to control the ball for long periods and that showed, their goalkeeper was outstanding in the playoff final. made some unreal saves to keep Yeovil in the game, lets not forget that Matthew Briggs has a playoff final to look forward too also. But yeah to answer your question, Dembele seems to be scoring for fun and what about Chris Davids also? Tankovic i remember someone saying that Arsenal were looking at him also because he's such a good prospect.
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

cmg

Quote from: MJG on May 20, 2013, 01:24:14 PM
Dembele is 17 in July so we might see him in about 6 years

Yes. 16 years old 6ft 1in and built like a Rugby No.8. Quite frightening for his years.

But very, very raw. He has played for France at u17 and has terrorised some u18 defences but would not yet be ready for PL football. Even less conservative clubs than ours would give him a year or so.

DevonFFC

Quote from: EJL on May 20, 2013, 01:18:30 PM
Chris David

That's the one, how good is this guy, has anyone seen him play?

MJG

Quote from: ollienixs on May 20, 2013, 02:00:31 PM
Quote from: EJL on May 20, 2013, 01:18:30 PM
Chris David

That's the one, how good is this guy, has anyone seen him play?
Unless I picked his 2 worst performances when I did see him, I haven't seen anything special from him.
But in other games the reports are good.

JackyFulham90

We should let Burn stay at Yeovil next season
Trotta to a League 1 side that will give him games

fulhaman

I would give both a go in Carling cups and a full summer tour see how they do. I was impressed with Trotter in Carling Cup last season against Sheffield Wednesday.

grandad

Still not sure about Trotta. At his age if he is good enough he should be making a claim to be in the 1st team squad. I don´t think he will make it. As for Burn, I am sure he is being moulded into Hangelands replacement in a few years. I would like him to stay with Yeovil for another season. The Championship is a big step up from League 1 so I would like to see how he gets on against seasoned journeymen in a tough Division.
Where there's a will there's a wife

KP_FFC

burn should be with the 1st team next year
hes already better than senderos :p
give him a few games to help him develop quicker and training with the 1st team will be a good experience for him

Maidstone Al

Gary Johnson on SSN earlier said he would like to do a deal with Fulham to take Burn on loan again next season . Seems to be settled & guaranteed his place there & with the step up to the Championship , should be good for his progression

David Allen Crankshaw

I was able to see Chris David in the U21 games away to Blackburn Rovers and Everton and he looked a very good prospect. At the age of twenty he might make the breakthrough next year. Martin Jol thinks very highly of him.

Jack Fulham

What have I done with Trotta. Placed a picture of him on my Brentford supporting colleagues chair who was conveniently off today.

F(f)CUK

I was chatting to some of the guys around the cottage and the one to look out for is Patrick Roberts. He is 16 but is already playing for the under 18s.

Deanothefulhamfan

I have always been a fan of Trotta, but I dont think he will be prem class after this season on llan.... Burn on the other hand is very exciting... I see no reason to not play him pre season, Yeovil would take him back without doubt ( he was one of their players of the season ) but he deserves a chance to proove himself with iur first team