watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Only just seen the highlights

Started by SP, May 20, 2013, 07:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Clinical finishing & a beautiful body swerve from Dimi to round the keeper.  Loved seeing the Swansea centre-half chasing the referees assistant after Dimi broke the offside trap by about 5 yards.  He might want to look behind him next time to spot his teammate playing everyone on side.

Rupert

Quote from: SP on May 20, 2013, 07:38:52 PM
Clinical finishing & a beautiful body swerve from Dimi to round the keeper.  Loved seeing the Swansea centre-half chasing the referees assistant after Dimi broke the offside trap by about 5 yards.  He might want to look behind him next time to spot his teammate playing everyone on side.

His team-mate not only playing everyone onside, but just standing there like a lemon with his hand up, instead of trying to get back and cover his error. If I was a manager (God forbid, there, I said it for all of you) I would fine defenders for doing that. The flag will go up for offside if the player is offside and does not play for Manchester United. If he is onside the flag will stay down, no matter how much you wave at the lino.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Cravenawin

Thought the commentator on MOTD was very critical of our performance. At the final whistle he was saying "how on earth Swansea lost that is baffling". Apart from 25 minutes second half when Swartz came to our rescue on 3 or 4 occasions, we were more than a match for them. We even hit the woodwork twice and Ruiz passed up a good chance early doors. 3-0 is emphatic in anyone's language.Could have been 5 had Vorm not pulled off two outstanding saves. Think we deserve a lot more credit than what we got.

EJL

Quote from: Cravenawin on May 20, 2013, 08:27:27 PM
Thought the commentator on MOTD was very critical of our performance. At the final whistle he was saying "how on earth Swansea lost that is baffling". Apart from 25 minutes second half when Swartz came to our rescue on 3 or 4 occasions, we were more than a match for them. We even hit the woodwork twice and Ruiz passed up a good chance early doors. 3-0 is emphatic in anyone's language.Could have been 5 had Vorm not pulled off two outstanding saves. Think we deserve a lot more credit than what we got.
:plus one:

I think he called it 'the ultimate smash and grab' because we scored our second after Swansea had been pinning us back. To be honest, I'm not really sure. The stream I was watching was pretty terrible.

ScalleysDad

we might not like it but smash and grab is more succinct than the pages written today about shots on target, possession percentages and corners etc. A guy on the junior staff at Swansea I vaguely know through the coaching network texted me for the first time in well over a year with "you cheeky rascals"
I think the general consensus is that we got away with one or more likely its about time we did the screwing as opposed to being screwed. Take the points of course but there are still loads of cracks to fill over the summer.

FFCByTheRiver

cebu

It looked like some Swansea defender played Kaca onside too for our first. Our defending may have been less than perfect, but theirs was waaaay below par. Sweet revenge for their "smash and grab" victory at the Cottage.

By the way, I thought Kaca's chipped effort might actually have been on target, but Vorm got his fingertips to it to change the flight of the ball. No blame on the keeper for any of the 3 that went in!

RaySmith

The team's hard work of the recent games finally paid off. We seemed  determined to get a good result, and everyone   got back to do their bit in defence, and , this time, hitting the  opposition on the break worked beautifully, with some brilliant goals.

It may have suited us to be away, less pressure - to get a result, and  to be able to sit back and abosorb pressure, before hitting the other team on the counter attack. Rather than being  hit ourselves , as against Reading and Liverpool.

Also, luck finally turned our way.

Lighthouse

There was only one real difference in our play against Swansea. When we broke we broke in numbers. Players were not isolated and had support. Both Kaka and Berbatov had chances to play in runners that would have been though on goal. I have no idea why we haven't done this all season. Too often a player broke and then had to stop for support.

Lovely to see. When you think of the post and bar coming to the Swans rescue.

The rest was sadly typical Fulham. Giving the ball away in dangerous areas etc. But great to see clinical attacks.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope