watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Next Season

Started by Ordar, May 21, 2013, 01:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

So its becoming increasingly likely that our team for next season is shaping up as below. What are people's thoughts on how to improve the side, and what realistic players should we be looking for?

FFC1987

If we can, i'd look to improve on Sidwell and Risse personally.

JBH

shnlwswlkr

Supposedly we're going in to get Enoh, would rather him with Boateng than Sidwell, but Sidwell is english, it's tough.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Zu-Meister

Quote from: FFC1987 on May 21, 2013, 01:05:25 PM
If we can, i'd look to improve on Sidwell and Risse personally.
this

FFC1987

Quote from: JBH on May 21, 2013, 01:05:54 PM
Replace Sidwell with Enoh

Or Frimpong (if he's a free on sensible wages). I know he has divided the fans, but having a young gun join the ranks and be able to develop would be a huge boost and maybe, adds a little sell on value in the long run. I'd like Enoh but at 4m I think we can find something different. 4m for a player who does a similar job to Sidwell and Frimpong (pending a free) and Boateng (free) would be a waste of resources in my eyes.

Baider

I don't know with who but we need to replace Riise

jarv

This discussion has taken place before. Please don't knock dear old Steve. When Sidwell is in the team, the team usually does much better. Fulham need him, the cost to improve on him would be prohibitive.  Look at the last run of results  during his suspension.
Significant? maybe?

Northern Cottager

I'd liek to see a pacey striker like Bent in up top with Berba. Also like mentioned above a better CM than Sidwell, gives it his all but can't afford for stupid sending/'s off all season and poor passing.

Would love to see Emanuelson stay

FFC1987

Quote from: jarv on May 21, 2013, 02:13:44 PM
This discussion has taken place before. Please don't knock dear old Steve. When Sidwell is in the team, the team usually does much better. Fulham need him, the cost to improve on him would be prohibitive.  Look at the last run of results  during his suspension.
Significant? maybe?

People mention the impact Sidwells absense has had. Firstly it was his own fault, secondly, its not a coincidence that the results changed after him AND Dejagah got injured. I'd place more emphasis on Dejagah being missing as a contributing factor simply because Enoh has done a splendid job replacing Sidders. I like Sidwell as a squad player without a doubt, his work ethic alone is worth its weight in gold for us, but in truth, a lot of people on here expect bigger things ie. a top 10 finish. In my eyes, this is unrealistic if one of our main CM's is Sidwell (or for a lebgth, our only CM). Sorry if this frustrates people but Sidwell seems out of his depth in a top 10 formatted game.

PaulJ123

Stek

Riether Amorebieta Hangeland Richardson

Enoh Boateng

Dejagah Berbatov(or Ruiz) Kacaniklic

Bony

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 21, 2013, 02:46:30 PM
I'd liek to see a pacey striker like Bent in up top with Berba. Also like mentioned above a better CM than Sidwell, gives it his all but can't afford for stupid sending/'s off all season and poor passing.

2 red cards in April is hardly all season. Hangeland got one in December and nobody has gone on about it for ages. He is our best central midfielder. He works so hard and can put a 40 yard pass inch perfect to a teammate.
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

FFC1987

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on May 21, 2013, 03:18:04 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 21, 2013, 02:46:30 PM

2 red cards in April is hardly all season. Hangeland got one in December and nobody has gone on about it for ages. He is our best central midfielder. He works so hard and can put a 40 yard pass inch perfect to a teammate.

What a WUM.

zschwartz

i was not a sidwell fan before this season but he's won me over. The side as is needs his impatience going forward. As a midfield enforcer he punches well above his weight (...in both size and cost) and the last straight red was very harsh. After the Diarra injury proved to be so devastating he proved his worth.

Anyway, with Amorebieta/Boateng/Enoh/Sidwell selected in any significant number we're not going to be winning any more fair play awards.

Riverside

I am assuming we are all aiming for top 10. Ideally 7th or 8th. ( If we are looking at top 6 this team will not do the job )

1) CM of Boateng and Sidwell is OK .
But I would be happier if they were the back ups and we had a better starting 2

2) Would also like to upgrade Riise - a fit Richardson would do it . But I guess that cannot be Richardson !

3) And of course the jury is STILL out on the Ruiz , Berbatov combination . ( after an entire season !! )
Can 2 pacey wingers ( Kaca and Dejagah ) made it work ?
Or do we need a more clinical finishing Rodellega instead of one of the 2 ?

Humbled

Quote from: Ordar on May 21, 2013, 01:04:22 PM
So its becoming increasingly likely that our team for next season is shaping up as below. What are people's thoughts on how to improve the side, and what realistic players should we be looking for?

hope we have changes up top... and would like to keep Enoh

JackyFulham90

We haven't even announced the official leaving list yet, none of these players are confirmed I am sure there will be a few surprises in what will be a long summer.
Signing Riether on with the free signings of Boateng & Amorebieta is a great start to the window if true, I still find the Stekelenburg rumour hard to believe considering how much Jol wants Schwarzer to stay