more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NOO to scott parker

Started by Markffc123, June 22, 2013, 01:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: Jack Fulham on June 23, 2013, 11:39:59 AM
Considering the current state of our centre midfield. Its a big yes from me. Not sure why anyone would say no.

It's very simple really. He wouldn't really change what we currently have in the middle and he certainly would cost 4m+ which on a limited budget should and will be used more appropriately. I can't understand why anyone would want him really but hey that contradicts your statement. The facts are, he's past it, he would eat up the budget and currently wouldn't offer much different to what we have. Regardless of whether you think Huddlestone is any good, he certainly offers something different and something we don't currently have. So again it's a no UNLESS FFC confirm we have 30m to spend and in that case id still prefer Enoh but both wouldn't hurt.

leonffc

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 23, 2013, 11:38:08 AM
Quote from: St Eve on June 22, 2013, 09:08:30 PM
Quote from: alfie on June 22, 2013, 04:59:22 PM
Quote from: St Eve on June 22, 2013, 03:35:38 PM
We certainly don't want Huddlestone
You mite consider saying "i" instead of "we" because i would quite like Huddlestone.

I, along with many other Fulham fans
certainly do not want Huddlestone

Really ? I and plenty of other Fulham fans I know do. George Burley said at 18 he was the best passer of a ball he had ever played or worked with," he`s that good" he said. Spurs fans I know rate him and said he can run a game but injuries and fitness, loss of form etc meant he`s stagnated there. My Spurs mate said he needs a move but if ,and I know its a big if he was fit and available for sensible money then he`s definitely worth a punt. Has a great range of passing, something we desperately lack, how many more defensive midfielders do we need?

Is that the same George Burley that was sacked by Hearts (i think it was Hearts) for turning up to training pissed every day and sacked by Derby for shagging Marcus Tudguys wife? Allegedly of course.
I'll trust my own opinion over his I think

Jack Fulham

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 23, 2013, 08:53:17 PM
Considering the current state of our centre midfield. Its a big yes from me. Not sure why anyone would say no.

It's very simple really. He wouldn't really change what we currently have in the middle and he certainly would cost 4m+ which on a limited budget should and will be used more appropriately. I can't understand why anyone would want him really but hey that contradicts your statement. The facts are, he's past it, he would eat up the budget and currently wouldn't offer much different to what we have. Regardless of whether you think Huddlestone is any good, he certainly offers something different and something we don't currently have. So again it's a no UNLESS FFC confirm we have 30m to spend and in that case id still prefer Enoh but both wouldn't hurt.

Yeah fair enough, I admit I wasn't looking at from an economic perspective. More that he'd be an improvement on what we currently have for the position.

FFC1987

Quote from: Jack Fulham on June 23, 2013, 09:19:07 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on June 23, 2013, 08:53:17 PM

Yeah fair enough, I admit I wasn't looking at from an economic perspective. More that he'd be an improvement on what we currently have for the position.

I know it sounds like I don't like Parker but its literally just the economics that put me off. He's not a terrible footballer but I think he's done very well with his lack of technical ability. As for Mr Burley, he did Ipswich to top 5 finish and in that season won manager of the year. He's wasnt always a moron.

St Eve

Quote from: alfie link=topic=30957.msg401055#msg401055

date=1371916762

You mite consider saying "i" instead of "we" because i would quite like Huddlestone.

Really ? I and plenty of other Fulham fans I know do. George Burley said at 18 he was the best passer of a ball he had ever played or worked with," he`s that good" he said. Spurs fans I know rate him and said he can run a game but injuries and fitness, loss of form etc meant he`s stagnated there. My Spurs

mate said he needs a move but if ,and I know its a big if he was fit and available for sensible money then he`s definitely worth a punt. Has a great
range of passing, something we desperately lack, how many more defensive midfielders do we need
Yes really. I am sick and tired of being linked with Spurs rejects. He is not a regular for Spurs, they are always trying to get rid of him and he is always injured. 7 mill in is a joke - what Spurs paid for Dempsey. No to him and no to Parker. Now Dembele .... In a minute

FFC1987

Quote from: St Eve on June 23, 2013, 10:27:23 PM
Quote from: alfie link=topic=30957.msg401055#msg401055

date=1371916762

Really ? I and plenty of other Fulham fans I know do. George Burley said at 18 he was the best passer of a ball he had ever played or worked with," he`s that good" he said. Spurs fans I know rate him and said he can run a game but injuries and fitness, loss of form etc meant he`s stagnated there. My Spurs

mate said he needs a move but if ,and I know its a big if he was fit and available for sensible money then he`s definitely worth a punt. Has a great
range of passing, something we desperately lack, how many more defensive midfielders do we need
Yes really. I am sick and tired of being linked with Spurs rejects. He is not a regular for Spurs, they are always trying to get rid of him and he is always injured. 7 mill in is a joke - what Spurs paid for Dempsey. No to him and no to Parker. Now Dembele .... In a minute

Pardon me for stepping in here but I'd agree that we need a Huddlestone type player but agree that he isn't worth 7m which is why we haven't paid out for him IMO. I thought we had a 4.5m bid accepted in Jan however just for Spurs to pull plug due to Sandro injury but I don't think valuations etc were ever confirmed.