watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Pulis leaves the thugs

Started by Northern Cottager, May 21, 2013, 02:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo76

After what he turned Stoke into there can't be a chairman in their right mind wanting to appoint a nasty piece of work like him.

RaySmith

Quote from: Buffalo76 on May 21, 2013, 06:17:45 PM
After what he turned Stoke into there can't be a chairman in their right mind wanting to appoint a nasty piece of work like him.

But where would Stoke be without him?

This could be like Curbishley leaving Charlton - I can see them going down next season.

SP

Perhaps Pullis will now get a call to join the Lions tour?

Willard

I can see it now, Harry Redknap joins Brighton because QPR won't back his transfer plans, Pulis replaces him at QPR and all doubts are removed.

LBNo11

...not sure so much that it is Pulis leaves the thugs - or The thug leaves Stoke.
With luck he will find his natural level and return to manage gillingh@m...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

SP

Jonathan Walters would be a useful addition.

SmithyFFC

Lets hope its the Curbishley-Charlton scenario #2
FTID

HatterDon

Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 21, 2013, 05:10:22 PM
Unless he goes into the lower leagues I cannot see another team he'd be suited too. We're not the only ones who have hailed his football style as thuggish, rugby like and poor to watch.

Yeah, but he has never been relegated and he took a small team from an unfashionable part of England and got them to the Prem and kept them there.

He'll have no problem getting a job. He's like Big Sam, only not so ugly and fat.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Quote from: HatterDon on May 22, 2013, 03:51:54 AM
Unless he goes into the lower leagues I cannot see another team he'd be suited too. We're not the only ones who have hailed his football style as thuggish, rugby like and poor to watch.

Yeah, but he has never been relegated and he took a small team from an unfashionable part of England and got them to the Prem and kept them there.

He'll have no problem getting a job. He's like Big Sam, only not so ugly and fat.

But not as funny.

JudgeBread

Surely any new manager would have trouble getting stoke to play any other way.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

SaltfordWhite

Sadly, he will probably do ok there, his Blackburn team was a team of absolute thugs.

LordNelson

Some talk of Martinez going to Stoke. Why the hell would he trade Wigan for that lot?????
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

MJG

Quote from: LordNelson on May 22, 2013, 02:05:36 PM
Some talk of Martinez going to Stoke. Why the hell would he trade Wigan for that lot?????
It is a step up in ground/crowds/transfer spending. Would be a real switch round in styles if he did go there.
I actually hope Hughes gets it so he can bankrupt them as well.

Wingnut

Stoke for the drop next season anyone? This change in management will lead to a change in their style of football .
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Lighthouse

I think Stoke have the players just not the right manager. Hopefully a change in style will match the players already there.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

whiteinedinburgh

He might do well if he were to end up at Wigan. Rugby town, might like his tactics. 'If he gets past you, snap his leg'

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Good first time job for fan's favourite,  Danny Murphy. ...

Joe McDonald

Quote from: HatterDon on May 22, 2013, 03:51:54 AM

Only by spending an absolute fortune on players and salaries - and with a dour style of football that even their own fans started to boo.