watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Pulis leaves the thugs

Started by Northern Cottager, May 21, 2013, 02:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11701/8726282/Sky-sources-Tony-Pulis-leaves-Stoke-after-seven-years

I know they were crap but they seemed well suited for each other...

Tony Pulis has left Stoke City after seven years in charge, Sky sources understand.

The Welshman guided Stoke to the Premier League in 2008 during his second stint at the club and later led them to Europe and an FA Cup final.

But the Potters were dragged into relegation trouble last season and Pulis drew criticism from some sections of the Britannia support over his side's style of play.

More to follow.

Wonder who fancies taking over such a bunch of players? Would take an enormous job to get rid of their team and replace with some footballers.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Ha !! Ha !! with our luck this past season ....................................

ron

He'll soon be all over the media again, modelling er..... leisurewear.

ffcbulgaria

did i read Mark Hughes somewhere in the article above or is it a given for him to be a candidate? :D

FFC1987

We already hate Stoke enough, imagine if they signed Hughes on. TBF he would be a decent fit with his aggressive mentality.

mojo

It was so convenient having a horrid team with a horrid manager playing in a horrid ground with horrid supporters all wrapped up in one dislikeable package.

Sheepskin Junior

Horrible man leaves horrible club. I hope he doesn't get another job anywhere. Can't stand him.

They want Phil Neville as manager... that could be fun
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

JudgeBread

sneaky bet on stoke being relegated?

Northern Cottager

Steve Davies and Phil Neville up there as next manager. Mark Hughes has already called Sky Sports to appear in his living room whilst he states 'Stoke are a great club with great ambition...OFCOURSE I'd be interested in the job'.

Pulis is said to be excited about a future in wrestling.

Vinnieffc

Hmmm. Pulis holding out for the Citeh job ? Now THAT would be funny. As mentioned already, I would love Hughes to go to the Thugs - all the reason to hate them more.  :dft011:

Riverside

This could be good news. I agree a sneaky bet on Stoke going down.  096.gig

With Pulis I thought Stoke would always be safe (Pulis like Allardyce ( and Mourinho !! ) know how to get the job done . Results not style counting.

Now who knows !
The new manager will not get the budget to transform Stoke overnight .

zander

Well there is a vacant seat in the Bernabeu dugout......

nose

stoke were horrible because of Pulis. I hope they get a proper manager playing proper football

SaltfordWhite

The Chelsea bound Pullis is to be replaced by Lawrence Dallaligio, from what I have heard.

Northern Cottager

Unless he goes into the lower leagues I cannot see another team he'd be suited too. We're not the only ones who have hailed his football style as thuggish, rugby like and poor to watch.

Jimpav

Quote from: mojo on May 21, 2013, 03:19:52 PM
It was so convenient having a horrid team with a horrid manager playing in a horrid ground with horrid supporters all wrapped up in one dislikeable package.

A big move for Redknapp could fill the gap.

Slaphead in Qatar

cebu

Quote from: zander on May 21, 2013, 04:07:22 PM

But wasn't Allardyce supposed to deserve that ... according to the man himself!   :005:

MOR :

Pulis becomes the 56th manager to leave his job since the start of the 2012-13 season...bloody hell that's alot

zander

Quote from: cebu on May 21, 2013, 05:29:58 PM
Quote from: zander on May 21, 2013, 04:07:22 PM

But wasn't Allardyce supposed to deserve that ... according to the man himself!   :005:

Of course I'd forgotten about that. Well they must be in talks to release him from his west ham contract then!!