News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Clint - would we take him back? would he come?

Started by DiegoFulham, May 21, 2013, 04:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

From BBC Sports' online Tottenham page:

Top Goal Scorers
Bale
Defoe
Dempsey

And from the Fulham tab:
Berbatov
Petric
Ruiz

I'm not in the tank for Demps, but I am clear eyed enough to remember what he did for Fulham, that he acted like a true professional.  And as I noted earlier, Berbatov's teammates spent the entire season trying to get him the ball to score.  Dempsey didn't have that luxury. He had to make his own breaks.  Most of your posts are smart and interesting.  I don't get why you keep trashing him. 

JudgeBread

If he were still at everton I could see Dempsey being a moyse-esque signing

Snibbo

No. He's in the past. He didn't think we were good enough for him, so he can get stuffed.

Legate21

The ship has sailed for both parties. It's time to move on. He was a good player for us, but left in disappointing circumstances.

No doubt a player we will never forget

MasterHaynes

The end of the transfer window in September can't come fast enough.

JBH

The way he treated Fulham to ensure he got a move should mean that no Fulham Fan should want him back. :028:

He will get his move he so desperately wanted to Liverpool in this window.

Burt

In answer to the thread header - no, and no.

zschwartz

he made his intentions known well in advance of the debacle and even if you chose to ignore them he still gave 5 years of dutiful service to the club. that he's so hated for a couple weeks of miscommunication is pathetic. 

FFC1987

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 21, 2013, 09:08:20 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on May 21, 2013, 08:17:54 PM
Quote from: KCat on May 21, 2013, 06:42:41 PM
I do not believe it is an option 
Why do you think  AVB would get rid of Clint ???  there has been nothing from AVB it indicate that he is going. There has been snide comments on this board that he is a bench warmer , but the truth is he is getting on fine there     
Spurs will keep him, Clint has more about him than either Huddlestone  and Parker put together .
I would hate to see Parker at Fulham, he looks shifty and beaten walking onto the pitch,  much like  a dog that was beaten with a big stick, he is no winner. Tom,   as much as I used to admire him,  is now a sick note.
Dempsey has moved on ............................. so should we 

As every Spurs fan will tell you, he doesn't done well and if there serious about top 4 they need better than him in the starting 11 which for most of the season was true. Yes he did ok for the back part but overall, he's generally considered to be not quite up to it. Analysts and fans alike have quoted this. AVB might not have said he wants rid of him but he's certainly said he needs to strengthen and reevaluate his squad mentioning the attacking areas as key. Not bitter about Clint and I wished him well but it hasn't quite clicked and moving on with everyone is the best solution.

I know several Spurs fans. I've spoken with them from time to time about their season. That wasn't the main complaint I heard from them. I've heard far more about Adebayor, Huddlestone, and Parker.

Thats a shame, the season ticket holders and a quick glance at most spurs fans forums tells me he hasn't quite done that was required/thought of him.

Quote from: Forever Fulham on May 21, 2013, 09:44:32 PM
Haters gonna hate, I guess.  He outplayed Adebayor. He got to repeatedly start over much younger Siggurdson.  He had to fill the production void of Defoe's long absence with whom magic happened when on the pitch together.  Jermaine knew Clint would get him the ball.  And he did. "What position am I playing today?"  That's the kind of respect for his skills Spurs sees in him.  You will recall our own musical chairs of managers treated him the same way.  Put him anywhere; it will work. His manager speaks very highly of him.  The credibility of the Daily Mirror?  Hmmm.  Glad you guys aren't managing the squad.  Heaven help us.  Look at his production in goals and assists on a new team his first year.  He almost matched Berbatov's production--and the entire squad spent the better part of the year just trying to get the ball to one man to score.  Sheesh.  I'd take him back in a heartbeat.  But Villas Boas isn't trading him.  He's the X factor player every team needs. 

He outplayed Adebayor? Who was starting most of the time? He started over Sigardson who lets face it, had a poor season (as did Demps in mosts view). I'm still lost to hear about AVB speaking highly of him of late, all I've heard is 'we didn't score enough goals' and 'we need to strengthen there'. Take it how you wish but doesn't sound overly confident in his abilities unless you tink hes signing back up (which they won't, they sign starters if they wish to push). You're production argument is majorly flawed as in terms of league production, Berba done his tally by 50% and is getting raving reviews from non FFC supporters and columnists, even ADRIAN DURHAM gave us/Berba a compliment with signing of the season! Forgive me if i'm wrong but I haven't seem many articles giving Demps even a mention of the messiah that you've created for him, and nor has many of the Spurs fans/media analysts. One thing I will say is, Demps is a legend for what he did at Fulham and I'll always remember him for it, as many others would (not mentioning the debacle that did/didn't happen when he left) but IMO which won't be changed by the Demps lovers amongst us, he failed in his ambition to get CL and he certainly didn't play in a team worthy of a top 4, and that includes he himself being top 4 quality. But to state excuse after excuse to why hes brilliant at Spurs when he's been nothing more than mediocre becomes ridiculous. If AVB keeps him, I'd dislike this for Demps himself as he will remain a bit part player in a team which will be unable to compete in the top 4 and if they did, he would be merely a back up. Sorry to the Demps chums on here but currently thats the only fact relevent.

*quick addition: I'd love nothing more than Spurs to get into CL (like I said, A LOT of friends support them) and have Demps and Dembele perform midweek when FFC won't be playing so I can watch players that we nurtured to the top flight of football and appreciate that fact. (shows FFC in a positive light) It's not bitter, its perspective and I'd hate our previous talesman to leave our club to achieve better things, only to see them crash and burn and never materialise.

HatterDon

There is absolutely no indication that AVB or Spurs want to let him go.
We have supporters here who trash our own players constantly. Why would it be different at WHL?
There is absolutely no indication that he is interested in coming to Fulham.

The ENTIRE reason for this thread is for Dempsey haters to get their knives out. It would be nice for this to come to an end some day. But some people just seem to have a difficult time growing up.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

YankeeJim

Quote from: HatterDon on May 22, 2013, 05:39:45 PM
We have supporters here who trash our own players constantly. Why would it be different at WHL?

The ENTIRE reason for this thread is for Dempsey haters to get their knives out. It would be nice for this to come to an end some day. But some people just seem to have a difficult time growing up.

What he said.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

MJG

Oh come on, its been a dull season which began with Dempsey threads and the way to end it is with a bit of mud slinging across the Atlantic over him.
Anyway I miss his falling over and shots from 45 yards.
;)

YankeeJim

Quote from: MJG on May 22, 2013, 06:30:18 PM
Oh come on, its been a dull season which began with Dempsey threads and the way to end it is with a bit of mud slinging across the Atlantic over him.
Anyway I miss his falling over and shots from 45 yards.
;)

086.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BarryP

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 22, 2013, 06:20:45 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on May 22, 2013, 05:39:45 PM

What he said.

:plus one: It would be nice for the nonsense to end wouldn't it.

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Artful Dodger

Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Here is just two and I did not have to dig far or long to find them
I work with all Spurt Season Ticket holders who really appreciate his winning mentality .............they say he is what they needed and something they are lacking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2323431/Andre-Villas-Boas-The-Champions-League-race-wire-thanks-Emmanuel-Adebayor.html
"It was an amazing game from Clint Dempsey. He has the instincts of a deadly striker," said Villas-Boas.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/dempsey-can-be-the-new-bale-insists-villasboas-8395912.html

......................And for the record ( and for those that do not know)  Digger was my man  :022:

FFC1987

Mud slinging? No. Facts in response? Barely. The opposition response to facts were the equivalent to running out of the room after being asked a difficult question. Never ceases to amazing me. Always a pleasure. Look forward to some meaningful analysis proving anything I've said wrong. :)

St Eve

:plus one:
Quote from: MJG on May 21, 2013, 05:50:08 PM
Nice to see so many would be happy for a player who went on strike and did not want to play for club to come back.
surprising isn't it?

HatterDon

Quote from: St Eve on May 23, 2013, 03:09:07 AM
:plus one:
Quote from: MJG on May 21, 2013, 05:50:08 PM
Nice to see so many would be happy for a player who went on strike and did not want to play for club to come back.
surprising isn't it?

It would be if it were true.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Snibbo

Don't see why anyone who doesn't want him back is called a "Dempsey hater".

The questions were simple. Would we take him back? Would he come?

I've no doubt the answer to the second is "No". So why would the answer to the first one be anything other than "No". He doesn't think we're good enough for him. End of.

Yes he served us well in his time here. But that wasn't the question.