News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Clint - would we take him back? would he come?

Started by DiegoFulham, May 21, 2013, 04:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiegoFulham

Spurs are planning a clear-out as they plan to build a team around Gareth Bale. Striker Emmanuel Adebayor and forward Clint Dempsey are likely to make way with the Londoners hoping to bring in Aston Villa's Christian Benteke, 22, and Barcelona's David Villa, 31.
( Daily Mirror )
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Matt Inglis

I admit that as a football fan I can be fickle.
Therefore I'd happily take him back as he could help the team improve next season. I don't think he'd come though.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

EJL

Not sure. I'd take him back if it didn't mean hindering Kacaniklic's progress.

rusty shackleford

Our top PL goalscorer, id definitely have him back. He woudnt come though, obviously a falling out between him/MAF/Jol or whatever. He'll probably end up at Everton

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Yeah right and the other goal machine Dembele...

FFC1987

Nope. No sell on value. rather buy an unproven for less and hopefully gain more sell on value.

jarv

yes.  if he wants to stay in London (for his family) his options are Fulham  West Ham or super ambitious QPR. I would have him back, but only on our terms.

St Eve

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I would, I think Jol would, I don't think Al Fayed would, I don't think he would.

Northern Cottager

I wouldn't be as happy if he came back as I was when he was originally here. Not got the same impact and he was a fool about how he left us.

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

jmh

Quote from: DiegoFulham on May 21, 2013, 04:19:36 PM
Spurs are planning a clear-out as they plan to build a team around Gareth Bale. Striker Emmanuel Adebayor and forward Clint Dempsey are likely to make way with the Londoners hoping to bring in Aston Villa's Christian Benteke, 22, and Barcelona's David Villa, 31.
( Daily Mirror )
Weren't they already trying to build their team around Bale?  How does continuing to do the same thing (after missing out on their goal of finishing on the top four by two points) require a clear-out?

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'd take Dempsey back, since there isn't really a spot for him at this point, but if they want to offload Dembele that'd be a different story.

FFC1987

Lets face it, I think Spurs were a striker away this season from a top 4. Saying that, if they manage to bring in a class striker and a decent CM, I can see them finally doing it. However, will they get sufficent money from flogging the likes of Parker, Demps, Huddlestone and adebayor? Maybe, but I'm sceptical.

SaltfordWhite

Not sure about Dempsey, although if he is still good enough then I'd have him back.

But I wonder if this is the window that we finally snare Huddlestone. It sees to have been trying to happen for decades.

ElissonSnygg

I definetely would as he will improve our squad. But will not return me thinks.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

MJG

Nice to see so many would be happy for a player who went on strike and did not want to play for club to come back.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

ToodlesMcToot

Speaking as an American fan of Fulham, a fan of Dempsey as a Fulham player, and Dempsey as an American player, I'd say no.

We all move onward and upward, hopefully.

I will say that Fulham miss him for his attitude on the pitch just like we miss that of Murphy. If we had had just that bit of the character of those players this season, "relegation" would've never entered the conversation on this board.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude