News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Norwich have major clearout - 10 gone,meanwhile back @ Craven Cottage..........

Started by AnotherVicHalomLoveChild, May 22, 2013, 09:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on May 22, 2013, 12:46:07 PM
You missed my point. Jol says he wants to sign 5 or 6 players, the indications are that we may have signed the 5 you mentioned. Does that mean that's sum total of our signings for the summer and maybe 1 other?!
Quote from: FFC1987 on May 22, 2013, 11:37:11 AM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on May 22, 2013, 11:26:15 AM
Does this mean to say we've already signed 5 players of the 6 expected?
Quote from: FFC1987 on May 22, 2013, 09:56:24 AM
I think they are waiting to announce 2-3 all at once, well I'd like to think so anyway! Just so happens that Reither's team announced it and obviously Boateng did himself too. If we are led to believe that Amorebieta, Sako or Skel are also signing, it makes sense to do them all at once really.

No, I meant, if they know we are going to sign 3 players within say 5 days, the logical thing to do is announce them all as a bundle PR event, rather than doing 1 signing each day if that makes sense?

Oh, well, I guess that depends on the amount of players leaving doesn't it. I just think we are being made to wait because they're close to signing one of the three mentioned and wish to annouce a trio of signings. I would have thought if we signed these 3 now, all for less than 1.5m I'd expect a few more. I don't think Skel or Sako are done deals though!

gerrys

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on May 22, 2013, 10:32:52 AM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 22, 2013, 09:39:02 AM
Quote from: cottage cheese on May 22, 2013, 09:35:08 AM
We get these types of posts every year. Have you not learnt yet that Fulham NEVER release anything until its 100% done. Its the correct way to go about our business.

Spot on. These clubs that publicly make themselves a Circus during the transfer window are usually the ones that get relegated. We quietly go about our business, release who we need too and we'll bring people in and make less of a fuss. Less deals scuppered if no-one knows what we are up to!

There is NO need to "quietly go about" getting rid of the deadwood or those who are out of contract & definitely do not want to play for us (i.e.are not playing the negotiating game)
I fully agree with you regarding our approach as far as new players are concerned & understand the way we do it (i.e.until it is on the official FFC website etc etc)
I state above "nuff said about that - for the moment"
I'm sure that the work is going on as far as new signings & we will see in time
There is good news to be had by having a clearout NOW of those not wanted & not up to the job
Let's not have another August experience again though!
Do either of you understand Jol's "we are losing 8 or 9 so I must sign 5 or 6?"

Maybe the 8 or 9 include Davies and Diarra....well they were not very present this season, were they? takes the number down to 6 or 7

Apprentice to the Maestro

I think last year the leavers were only announced in July when their contracts ended.

One thing is it gives them a chance to sign up elsewhere without the indignity of being released without a club to go to. That is a good way to treat those who have served us.

L-Wizzy

Quote from: Ordar on May 22, 2013, 09:38:17 AM
To not have even officially acknowledged that Reither has joined permanently is just ridiculous, just a passing mention by Jol in an interview. He deserved more 
i think its because the window has not opened but free agents can be signed now i might be wrong tho
Twitter: @officialslimwiz

Vinnieffc

Back to Jol releasing 8-9 and signing 5-6.. Would it not make sense to release the 8-9 to get them off the payroll so we can afford a quality 5-6 ? Seems black & white to me (pardon the pun)..  :022:

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: Vinnieffc on May 22, 2013, 03:01:22 PM
Back to Jol releasing 8-9 and signing 5-6.. Would it not make sense to release the 8-9 to get them off the payroll so we can afford a quality 5-6 ? Seems black & white to me (pardon the pun)..  :022:

if you release them before the contracts end you still have to pay out their wages so it wouldn't make any extra funds available

they will be off the payroll on 1st of July when their cotracts effectively run out

Meerkat

Think you find on the official it has been announced that Boeteng and Fernando Amorebieta have now signed for us.  Both free transfers.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: L-Wizzy on May 22, 2013, 02:51:03 PM
Quote from: Ordar on May 22, 2013, 09:38:17 AM
To not have even officially acknowledged that Reither has joined permanently is just ridiculous, just a passing mention by Jol in an interview. He deserved more  
i think its because the window has not opened but free agents can be signed now i might be wrong tho

Also we had the option which we have exercised so it is not a new transfer.

You might have thought though that PR might have made more of it because it is a crowd pleaser.

Arthur

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on May 22, 2013, 09:31:29 AM
However,if Norwich can act quickly as far as releasing those not wanted (& announce them) - why can't we?

On the messageboards of clubs such as West Ham/ Villa/ Newcastle etc. some fans will doubtless be complaining:

'If Fulham can do the groundwork and bring in two new players now, why can't we?'

Far from whinging, we should be satisfied that the club has already begun strengthening the team for next season.