News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Norwich have major clearout - 10 gone,meanwhile back @ Craven Cottage..........

Started by AnotherVicHalomLoveChild, May 22, 2013, 09:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

nothing
Zip
No "thankyou & goodbyes" to the deadwood
No mention of signing Reither or Boateng although rumours abound
Jol says we will release 8 or 9 players & will look to sign 5 or 6 (nope I don't get the maths on that either)
I understand it takes time to target,persuade & sign new players so nuff said about that - for the moment
However,if Norwich can act quickly as far as releasing those not wanted (& announce them) - why can't we?
Surely we already know those who have no future with us?
Why delay?
Is it a PR thing?
Does it cast further doubt on Jol's future?
Any ideas on this?
Never mind highlights of the season - this is one to (mostly) forget & make a start with the summer rebuild
Come on Fulham - let's have some positive news - pleez!

cottage cheese

We get these types of posts every year. Have you not learnt yet that Fulham NEVER release anything until its 100% done. Its the correct way to go about our business.

Ordar

To not have even officially acknowledged that Reither has joined permanently is just ridiculous, just a passing mention by Jol in an interview. He deserved more 

Northern Cottager

Quote from: cottage cheese on May 22, 2013, 09:35:08 AM
We get these types of posts every year. Have you not learnt yet that Fulham NEVER release anything until its 100% done. Its the correct way to go about our business.

Spot on. These clubs that publicly make themselves a Circus during the transfer window are usually the ones that get relegated. We quietly go about our business, release who we need too and we'll bring people in and make less of a fuss. Less deals scuppered if no-one knows what we are up to!

Patrick

+100..........

FFC1987

I think they are waiting to announce 2-3 all at once, well I'd like to think so anyway! Just so happens that Reither's team announced it and obviously Boateng did himself too. If we are led to believe that Amorebieta, Sako or Skel are also signing, it makes sense to do them all at once really.

FFCByTheRiver

This is a misery post for the sake of misery.

It's not a race to be first to announce, as far as the clubs are concerned it's probably actually much the opposite. We should all know this by now.

Also - Sidwell tweeted something about saying goodbye to a lot of players for the last time after the Swansea game. So there :)

Andy S

I think you have to talk to the players that are leaving yourself before you announce anything. Most players want to go off and have a break before doing anything. It's been a long season.
When you look at the numbers thing it is because we are looking to bring some of the accadamy through that there is a discrepancy. Lets not also forget that players contracts are up until 30th June.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 22, 2013, 09:39:02 AM

Spot on. These clubs that publicly make themselves a Circus during the transfer window are usually the ones that get relegated. We quietly go about our business, release who we need too and we'll bring people in and make less of a fuss. Less deals scuppered if no-one knows what we are up to!

There is NO need to "quietly go about" getting rid of the deadwood or those who are out of contract & definitely do not want to play for us (i.e.are not playing the negotiating game)
I fully agree with you regarding our approach as far as new players are concerned & understand the way we do it (i.e.until it is on the official FFC website etc etc)
I state above "nuff said about that - for the moment"
I'm sure that the work is going on as far as new signings & we will see in time
There is good news to be had by having a clearout NOW of those not wanted & not up to the job
Let's not have another August experience again though!
Do either of you understand Jol's "we are losing 8 or 9 so I must sign 5 or 6?"

Northern Cottager

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on May 22, 2013, 10:32:52 AM

There is NO need to "quietly go about" getting rid of the deadwood or those who are out of contract & definitely do not want to play for us (i.e.are not playing the negotiating game)
I fully agree with you regarding our approach as far as new players are concerned & understand the way we do it (i.e.until it is on the official FFC website etc etc)
There is good news to be had by having a clearout NOW of those not wanted & not up to the job

I think if we lose 8 or 9 players from the first team and replace with 6 then maybe hes hoping to bring through a few of the younger ones we already have on board? Try and get the mix right of youth and experience maybe.

Joe McDonald

why announce that you've let a number of players go, if we can't get the players we target we're in a position to re-sign players and not leave the squad short on numbers (if not quality...)

Senior Supporter

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on May 22, 2013, 10:32:52 AM

When you look at our squad we currently have thirteen midfielders, partly to cover for the long-term injuries. I think it is reasonable, and adequate, to expect the number to be cut to ten by the beginning of next season.

God The Mechanic

Walsh

Quote from: God The Mechanic on May 22, 2013, 11:09:41 AM
The season ended three days ago!! Jesus Christ.

Exactly what I thought and just because Norwich have released players willy nilly doesn't mean we should, most of our players who will be moving on have been at the club for around 3 years now and shouldn't be just pushed of the club the day the league finishes.

Steven Ageroad

Does this mean to say we've already signed 5 players of the 6 expected?
Quote from: FFC1987 on May 22, 2013, 09:56:24 AM
I think they are waiting to announce 2-3 all at once, well I'd like to think so anyway! Just so happens that Reither's team announced it and obviously Boateng did himself too. If we are led to believe that Amorebieta, Sako or Skel are also signing, it makes sense to do them all at once really.

rusty shackleford

Absolutely ridiculous on the clubs part. Ive been logging on here every 5 mins from Monday morning hoping for half our squad to be released and several signings to be made and there has been nothing.... nada.... zip... zilch... bupkiss

Surely if Norwich can release a bunch of fringe players in a matter of days then we should too. Come on Jol! If i see Alex Smith in a Fulham shirt one more time im done

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: Senior Supporter on May 22, 2013, 11:04:24 AM
When you look at our squad we currently have thirteen midfielders, partly to cover for the long-term injuries. I think it is reasonable, and adequate, to expect the number to be cut to ten by the beginning of next season.

Reassuring isnt it? And then you look that those numbers include all the loanees who are gone in the summer, Diarra who might but more likely won't be fit again and Karagounis who is mentioned to be going and is gonna be 37 anyway now you find out our only CM next season will be Sidwell :)

FFC1987

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on May 22, 2013, 11:26:15 AM

No, I meant, if they know we are going to sign 3 players within say 5 days, the logical thing to do is announce them all as a bundle PR event, rather than doing 1 signing each day if that makes sense?

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I think the players contracts run until the end of June. So there is no need to comment on their status until after then...

Steven Ageroad

You missed my point. Jol says he wants to sign 5 or 6 players, the indications are that we may have signed the 5 you mentioned. Does that mean that's sum total of our signings for the summer and maybe 1 other?!
Quote from: FFC1987 on May 22, 2013, 11:37:11 AM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on May 22, 2013, 11:26:15 AM

No, I meant, if they know we are going to sign 3 players within say 5 days, the logical thing to do is announce them all as a bundle PR event, rather than doing 1 signing each day if that makes sense?