watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

mr ambition installed as new favourite for stoke job

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, May 22, 2013, 02:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Per skybet hughes is 2/1. Would be funny if he took them down after helping to relegate qpr.

ToodlesMcToot

Actually might not be that bad an idea. He'd definitely change the way they play and who they spend money on.

As long as they're staying up next season and we have to play them, I'd rather them be entertaining games. If he's managing them, winning would take on new meaning, for me anyway.

Honestly, I think Pulis leaving is as much about Stoke changing philosophies as it is about them not being pleased with their position in the league this season.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Ordar

Stoke are fairly prudent with their budgeting though so I doubt he'll go there. If you look at their squad, they dont actually have that bad a side. Someone could easily go there and turn them into a footballing side.

RidgeRider

The thing is is that Hughes worked on a limited budget for years at Blackburn and did fine there. Though the style of play was more like Stokes' was under Pulis.

Lighthouse

Hughes is a good manager as he proved when he was with us. If he gets the job at Stoke then he will not have to panic and over spend on players as he did at QPR. Who knows with a few good signings that worked we would not be in the situation we are now needing another squad overhaul. Hope he gets the job and does well and learns not to over bake his cake.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Ordar on May 22, 2013, 02:36:00 PM
Stoke are fairly prudent with their budgeting though so I doubt he'll go there. If you look at their squad, they dont actually have that bad a side. Someone could easily go there and turn them into a footballing side.

the only thing I'm hopeful for.

I really don't like watching our games with them.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 22, 2013, 02:52:39 PM
Hughes is a good manager as he proved when he was with us. If he gets the job at Stoke then he will not have to panic and over spend on players as he did at QPR. Who knows with a few good signings that worked we would not be in the situation we are now needing another squad overhaul. Hope he gets the job and does well and learns not to over bake his cake.

He actually does quite well, when he's kept from sabotaging himself. He worked well with the constraints he had with us I thought. I'm not a big fan of his, but I wouldn't take that away from him.

Fernandes' desire to do whatever it took to keep QPR is actually what doomed them IMO. Gave Hughes and Harry too much rope.

Joe McDonald

Stoke are fairly prudent with their budgeting though so I doubt he'll go there.

What?!? In the last 5 years their net spend is almost £80m.  Only Chelsea and Manchester City have higher net spends on transfers in that timeframe.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/may/21/tony-pulis-sacking-stoke

Ordar

Quote from: Joe McDonald on May 22, 2013, 03:18:29 PM

What?!? In the last 5 years their net spend is almost £80m.  Only Chelsea and Manchester City have higher net spends on transfers in that timeframe.

I stand corrected!

Joe McDonald

Quote from: Ordar on May 22, 2013, 03:20:33 PM
Quote from: Joe McDonald on May 22, 2013, 03:18:29 PM

I stand corrected!

Peter Coates, their owner, is Britain's 25th richest person, having made his fortune in the gambling trade - Bet365 (also their kit sponsor...).  That club has plenty of money and Peter Coates hasn't been shy in splashing the cash, teo recent examples just on strikers (ok - not the best description for these two players)
Kenwyn Jones £8.5
Peter Crouch £11