watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Talksport premiership round up

Started by clanky, May 22, 2013, 06:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clanky

Just come back from walking the dog listening to the radio to hear Goughie doing a Premiership round up with a simple good or bad season, not sure he's done us yet with 4 teams per day to be decided upon.

What are we ?

If I had a minute guest spot what can I say ?

Good- stayed in Premiership,Berba's flashes of brilliance,, Schwarzer's keeping, Reither's defending

Bad- mid table indifference, muddled tactics, ageing squad, too many red cards, Berba's insolence and offisdes , away games at West Ham and QPR, inconsistent performances from key players and unproven signings

I think it's got to be a thumbs down.

Any other views welcome

Clanky

Lighthouse

I think that is pretty spot on. Inconsistant and muddled during games. Yet at times we looked as if we knew what to do. But often we didn't. Too often we played as a bunch of strangers who hadn't trained together and didn't know what we were supposed to be doing. A poor season and yet we finished with more points than expected and dare I say it, it flattered us.

A season of stepping backwards.

The good - we look to the future of a bigger ground and the hope that some very bright stars from the youth teams can make a step up one day. We also hope that this time we have enough good quality coming in and enough quality staying to make Jols job look less confusing for him. I am still not sure that he knows what he is doing with what he has. So I hope what he has matches what he is doing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

...pretty much spot on, and I dislike talkshite with a vengeance...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

sunburywhite

Ed - was that a follow up to Die Hard with a Vengeance?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

tommy

I hate talksport but have to listen to it. Its a disease

Matt Inglis

Speaking of TalkSport the magazine just did a demographic that shows we spent the least money per point (£240,000 profit-per-point). QPR are bottom with 1.5mil spent-per-point. Shows the nature of our transfer dealings in a nutshell, sell two best players and bring in loanees and frees.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Burt

The good:
- We stayed up. Mission accomplished.
- We played well against the big teams at home, although didn't get the results.
- Go ahead for ground expansion.
- MAF writing off the debt.

The not so good:
- No decent cup run.
- Two big spells of inconsistent form. Nov/Dec/Jan, then Apr/May.
- Tactically we lacked the ability to close down teams, move forward with intent, etc.
- We didn't play well against the poorer teams, and didn't get the results.

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Burt on May 23, 2013, 01:04:28 PM
- Two big spells of inconsistent form. Nov/Dec/Jan, then Apr/May.

We lost 5 in a row in April/May, id say thats fairly consistent form!