watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Enoh & Manolev

Started by JackyFulham90, May 22, 2013, 10:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Should they be kept? I liked what I saw of Enoh & he is at a good age at 26, Manolev is also a decent player he is just unlucky Riether is so good, you need a squad in this league if we can get both for £5m max I would like us to sign them

Apprentice to the Maestro

I agree. Manolev looks solid and Enoh looks to have real potential so, yes, I too would like to see them signed up.

twang

I doubt Manolev would cost more than £1m, probably less, and if he's ok with being a back up then why not? He's been steady when played at right back, i just hope we never see him in midfield again.

IMHO Enoh has been the most impressive loan signing (bar Riether of course) and I really like the way he plays, but I suspect that Jol has opted for Boateng on a free instead of spending the reported £3-4m on Enoh. I can't say I blame him really. If this is the case then hopefully it frees up money to be spent elsewhere.

Jack Fulham

Agree with Twang, I think Jol has gone for Boateng in favour of paying money for Enoh. Although I thought Enoh did look good, defensive midfielders are easy to come across and it means we can spend money on a more attacking one. Manolev looked solid back up for Riether. I still think Grimmer could step up in that position next season if called upon so maybe it isn't that much of a problem.

Apprentice to the Maestro

I imagine Jol is playing it cool over the Enoh purchase hoping that the fee will be modest. Enoh is 27 and has not been a regular under Frank de Boer. Also having signed Boateng makes it look to Ajax as though Enoh may only be a squad player. Maybe he will come cheaply.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: twang on May 22, 2013, 11:23:03 PM
I doubt Manolev would cost more than £1m, probably less, and if he's ok with being a back up then why not? He's been steady when played at right back, i just hope we never see him in midfield again.

IMHO Enoh has been the most impressive loan signing (bar Riether of course) and I really like the way he plays, but I suspect that Jol has opted for Boateng on a free instead of spending the reported £3-4m on Enoh. I can't say I blame him really. If this is the case then hopefully it frees up money to be spent elsewhere.
I think £3m for Enoh is a good deal we should seal. Boateng is a gamble hence 1 yr contract with option for 2nd year, he hasn't set the world alight while playing for small clubs around europe, I wasn't impressed when he came on as a 2nd half Sub against us at the cottage for Dnipro. Enoh has settled quickly and will only get better as he gets a run of games and develops his understanding of other players styles.

Manolev I would like to stay and he was keen to earn a stay, maybe replace Baird as our midfield/defensve utility player, seemless cover for Reither when injured.

My feelings on Emanualson is that apart from the Arsenal game I don't think we didn't gain anything from playing him and he certainly is not a cover for left full back. If we kept him it would hinder Kaca's progress whose performance at Swansea which oused confidence bodes well for next season. it would also mean spending money needlessly. I for one am not sorry to see him return to AC.

westcliff white

Ajax apparently want around 4 to 4.5 million euros for Enoh, thought Jol also said as much as this previously something like it will cost 23.5 minion pounds to sign him
Every day is a Fulham day

JackyFulham90

If we can get Enoh & Manolev for £5m I think we should, Emanuelson I am also not upset he is not staying as Kacaniklic , Dejagah , Frei & Mesca even Duff are there to play on the wings next season

TonyGilroy

I think Enoh's size is an issue.

We've lost Etuhu, Zamora, Dempsey and Dembele who all had physical presence in terms of height and weight that was particularly helpful in defending corners and free kicks.

I reckon that was a factor in preferring Senderos over Hughes and is clearly what Jol is addressing now.

filham

At this moment we have Boateng and Sidwell available for the two centre mid positions, we need a third player. Enoh would seem to fill the bill.