watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today's Big (Huge) Match

Started by filham, May 27, 2013, 11:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

My son-in-law , daughter and two young granddaughters are off to Wembley today to watch their local side Watford against Palace The cost of tickets for the four of them is over £300, children have to pay the adult price which to me seems mean.

So who do we want to see in the premiership next season Watford or Palace.

I have promised my daughter that if Watford do win I can offer them a much better match at the Cottage next season at about half the price.

mangoputney

Palace for me over Udinese B team
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

SaltfordWhite

Another one from the Eagles.  I spent a lot of my formative years just South of Croydon and a lot of mates support them.

Italiancottager

I also prefer Palace because Watford actually is a fake team.. Udinese B, right.. with something like 14 - 15 loan player and among this 9 - 10 are from Udinese..

about the price for the tickets... crazy! Is the only thing that i don't like of the English stadium.. the prize of the tickets!
It doesn't matter what country you come from, a few trips to the cottage and it will end up in your heart and blood

Andy S

I moved to Watford some 42 years ago so I would like to see them make it. However they say you are more likely to change your wife than your football club so there is never a contest when we play them. Bring them up and we can stuff them. Good luck to Briggs today

Lighthouse

Hope Dikacoi and Briggs play and both have a good game. Hard one to call. Palace have had a poor run until the shock win at Brighton. Watford had plenty of fortune getting here.

Palace by the odd goal in three.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Walsh

I've got my Di Natale Udinese shirt at the ready ;)

cmg

If Watford win today it will be interesting to see how they approach their new status. With all those on-loan players they might well need a completely new team. At best they will be left with those players that Udinese (and Fulham) do not want - and that is unlikely to include Matej Vydra.

Those of a cynical turn of mind ('afternoon, folks) might think they could tempted to pocket the PL dough, make minimal investments and then pocket the 'parachute' payment.

I don't know about their present ownership (Pozzo) but their previous one (Bassini) was hardly a paragon of financial probity.

Whatever the outcome they face a more-complicated-than-normal future.

Rhys Lightning 63

I want Watford to win this one, mainly because if this transfer embargo continues, they will be in DEEP schtuck for next season and should be an easy 3 points away (and a sell-out to boot)
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

HatterDon

Well, there are Fulham connections in both sides, there are two managers I have a lot of time for ... but I'm still enough of a Hatter to root strongly for ANYONE playing against Watford. So, it's Palace for me.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Going for Watford purely on ease of getting to their ground.

Holders

Watford for me because of Briggs.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Wingnut

Prefer to see Palace winning. Brutal match so far.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

RidgeRider

Abdi deserves a red card for so obviously play acting. Pathetic.

filham

The match is now in extra time, if it goes to penalties a keeper could make a save or a player make a miss that will be worth about £70m !!

HatterDon

and Old Faithful delivers again
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rhys Lightning 63

Now that he won't be in the Prem with Watford, can we put in a cheeky bid for Vydra?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

filham

Not too excited about going to Palace next season but I suppose it is marginally better than going to the Bush.

SP

Palace is great for me, 15 minutes on the train.  Plenty of places to drink if so inclined.

Burt

Palace it is...

Haven't been ti Selhurst Park for years. Last time I went there was to see us play. The match was only memorable for the wrong reasons...a broken leg, which was pretty nasty.