watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for next year

Started by samv10, May 29, 2013, 05:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

Where did all of this Tom Huddlestone talk come from?  Is there something in the works?  He would be a terrific acquisition.  He's a big part of Spurs' success. 26 years old.  Hard to dispossess.  Quick with the ball.  Great endurance.  Listed at around 160 pounds but looks much bigger than that (is it the hair?).  Very mobile.  Outstanding distributor of the ball.    But I haven't heard he's on the market or that Fulham was pursuing him.  What's going on?

And I wish we would do something different with Ruiz.  The current arrangement isn't working.  Reminds me of the old joke-- Patient (demonstrating): "Doctor, it hurts when I do this."  Doctor: "Then stop doing that."  Either he's in the wrong position on the pitch for his talents, or he suffers from the manner in which the game is played around him.  Which is it?  Anyone can see the skills he possesses. 

EJL

Is Boateng good enough to play as the lone holding midfielder in a diamond? Very few are.

Count Berbatov

Jol has some decisions to make.
Frei and Kaca absolutely need to start getting more time. Duff to be dropped.
Dejagah to be monitored, after the surgery.
So how does he bring Kaca, Frei, Dejagah, Ruiz, Berbs. Give them freedom to switch. Play 4-1-4-1

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Count Berbatov

Also, Dejagah might actually be good for a Berbatov partner in attack. Hell, if his first touch was better, he'd be a great CF to play off of. It's not like you're losing much with his crossing

Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

JackyFulham90

I still think given a chance Rodallega will come good next year

Flupp

...........................................Stekelenburg. ..........................

Riether...............Amorebieta. ...........Hangeland. ...............Jansen (Hamburg SV).............

Dejagah...................Bradley(AS Roma) .................Boateng. ..........Kacaniklic. ..........

................................................Suso (LFC).....................................

................................................Hooper(Celtic)....................................

Subs - Etheridge , Hughs , Sidwell , Enoh , Frei , Babel , Rodallega

"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

JackyFulham90

Quote from: Flupp on June 02, 2013, 09:27:56 PM
...........................................Stekelenburg. ..........................

Riether...............Amorebieta. ...........Hangeland. ...............Jansen (Hamburg SV).............

Dejagah...................Bradley(AS Roma) .................Boateng. ..........Kacaniklic. ..........

................................................Suso (LFC).....................................

................................................Hooper(Celtic)....................................

Subs - Etheridge , Hughs , Sidwell , Enoh , Frei , Babel , Rodallega

Getting rid of our top scorer is not what's needed we just need a stronger midfield

JackyFulham90

Stekelenburg , Enoh , El Kaddouri & Babel would make a good window

IranianCottager

--------------------Stekelenburg--------------------
-Riether-----Hangeland---Amorebieta------?????-
---------------Boateng------Sidwell----------------
---Dejagah-------------Ruiz----------Kacaniklic---
-----------------------Berbatov---------------------

Bench:
Etheridge, Senderos, Enoh, Duff, Frei, Rodallega, (another forward)

We need a LB. I don't care how many we have. Riise is old and slow, Richardson is so injury prone, and Briggs doesn't cut it.

We also need another DM and another forward.

Ordar

Will be interesting to see what Jol does regarding the LB situation. If Richardson can stay fit, then I think we're ok there, especially with Kavanagh and Richards coming through. I'd still like to see Kavanagh given a chance in pre season, just to see if its still a bit early for him.

I have a feeling that Jol will continue with the Berbatov/Ruiz partnership up top, regardless of how well it works. If that happens then I feel that we'll need a more creative player than Sidwell along side Boateng.

The rest of the first team is looking good. Some competition on the wings, from genuine orthodox wide players would be good aswell. We really need players other than Berbatov to chip in some goals.

Shaping up to be the best side (on paper) that we've probably ever had.

Humbled

If we kept Hangers only and had 10 new boys that we have been linked with or already signed we could start with -

Stekelenburg

Riether     Amorebieta     Hangeland     Ollson

Boateng          Enoh
                 Huddlestone/Almafintano
Townsend                                            Babel/Urby
                             Bent

SmithyFFC

Quote from: CurryForMario on May 29, 2013, 10:00:52 PM
If Fifa don't fix Kacaniklic's picture I will be extremely annoyed...

was thinking this the other day, who the hell is that on his card?!
FTID

JackyFulham90

Stekelenburg

Riether
Amorebieta
Hangeland
Richardson

Boateng/Sidwell
El Kaddouri

Dejagah
Ruiz
Kacaniklic

Berbatov

Zu-Meister

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on June 03, 2013, 09:13:02 PM
Stekelenburg

Riether
Amorebieta
Hangeland
Richardson

Boateng/Sidwell
El Kaddouri

Dejagah
Ruiz
Kacaniklic

Berbatov

wheres this el kaddouri rumour from?

JackyFulham90

Remember us being linked with him last summer, he would be a good signing

zschwartz

El Kaddouri would be a nice signing... but he signed for napoli who will be playing in the champions league next season. Maybe if he gets tired of sitting on the bench or Jol swings another ACM/Emanuelson-styled loan.

EJL

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on June 03, 2013, 05:09:11 PM
Quote from: CurryForMario on May 29, 2013, 10:00:52 PM
If Fifa don't fix Kacaniklic's picture I will be extremely annoyed...

was thinking this the other day, who the hell is that on his card?!
Haha, it's another ex-Liverpool academy player, Gerardo Bruna.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: Count Berbatov on June 02, 2013, 07:37:52 PM
Also, Dejagah might actually be good for a Berbatov partner in attack. Hell, if his first touch was better, he'd be a great CF to play off of. It's not like you're losing much with his crossing

I was thinking the same thing--why not put Ashkan up top with Dimitar and see how it works?  He plays like a human battering ram and he never quits.  As to 4-1-4-1 line-up, I don't think it will work with our presently available squad.  You need a big man with touch up top to play that formation.  Somebody who can quickly knock down or otherwise control a fast pass and lay it off to those just behind him, closing fast.  Like Berbatov, Ruiz, or Dejagah.  Somebody who can stand in the fire and take the abuse without keeling over all of the time.  Zamora had the physical aspect, but he was a vacuum.  The ball would go in but not come back out.  Pog had the physique but not the touch.  We don't have that big disrupter on the roster. Someone who blots out the sun and draws defenders like flies, who can hold it just long enough to open up lanes for the trailing forward or winger.  If we had a player like that, Dimitar would score 30 goals a season.  Defenders would spend so much time worrying about the inlet pass to the big man, they'd open up more areas for his teammates.